NGD - PRS SC245 - WHAT A BEAUTY!

napalmdeath

Actually, I got it yesterday. It's truly amazing, and a major upgrade from the Les Paul Traditional I sold. I had to return an SG to get it, and I just couldn't bond with it. The neck was thick, and upper access was kinda meh. I HATED the '57 Classics. Muddy, loose and not my thing.. Sold it.

Enter the SC245.. I far exceeded my budget, but got new, as an NOS 2014. Out of the box, played wonderfully, but I lowered the action a hair, tweaked the trussrod a hair, oiled the fretboard, and shined up the frets. Plays like a dream, and is absolutely flawless in every way. Best of all a PERFECTLY CUT NUT! EAT IT, GIBSON! Stays in tune like no other, intonation spot-on.

The 58/15 pickups are a thing of beauty. Clear, articulate, harmonically rich, and sound killer through my JVM. More evidence that I may end up keeping the Marshall and going down to a 2x12 cab. The guitar just does everything, so well. Wide Fat neck, is merely a rounded profile, but with a soft V shape, somewhat flat down the center, and extremely FAST. This smokes any Gibson I've ever owned, and I think I'm converted. PRS just does everything right.

HD pics from the dealer - actual guitar, not "stock" photos!! BEHOLD!
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Grats!

I'm torn, there are a few nice SC245's at the local shop here and I really want one but I find myself loving the 25 scale neck on the regular single cuts. And then the new 594's feel so nice too... I think I just need one of each :LOL: :LOL:

Viper":9b7uuu8l said:
HNGD, I love PRS but I hated the SC245. The old Singlecuts were better.

What did you like better about the older one's? They had the single bridge piece and 25 scale and were weight relieved. I guess for modern metal they might be tighter but for closer to a real LP tone the 24.5 scale and 2 piece bridge is closer.

danyeo":2kku49td said:
Viper":2kku49td said:

What did you like better about the older one's? They had the single bridge piece and 25 scale and were weight relieved. I guess for modern metal they might be tighter but for closer to a real LP tone the 24.5 scale and 2 piece bridge is closer.

Longer scale, better pickups (7s and 250s). They were not weight relived, mine was 8 lbs. Vintage tuners held better. Don't care about a LP tone, Mine was a 2007 Singlecut with 250's and flat out rocked.

Viper":akcmj57o said:
danyeo":akcmj57o said:
Viper":akcmj57o said:

Longer scale, better pickups (7s and 250s). They were not weight relived, mine was 8 lbs. Vintage tuners held better. Don't care about a LP tone, Mine was a 2007 Singlecut with 250's and flat out rocked.

Was that a whale blue singlecut?

megaboogie":1gpe4s9j said:
Viper":1gpe4s9j said:
danyeo":1gpe4s9j said:
Viper":1gpe4s9j said:

yep non ten top

Viper":ln5uqmls said:
megaboogie":ln5uqmls said:
danyeo":ln5uqmls said:

yep non ten top

PM'ed

Back