It's been awhile... New LP

Mark Day

Hey Guys,

It's been awhile. I've moved back to Canada to be with my fiance and family. I've had some hand issues and thought my LP Lifeson Axcess was the root of the problem, so I sold it. Instant seller's remorse. Anyway I picked this Exclusive Run Shred LP Studio with Floyd and Flametop. So blown away. they were at Long and McQuade here in Canada on sale for $1599 cdn, for you USA guys, that is almost free :)
Love the neck and tone, ridiculous guitar for the money. I like it better than my Lifeson or any of my other LPs. Neck is perfect for my small hands.

I added an FU brass block and changed the bar assembly for the Gotoh style push in bar. Other than that everything is factory. I'm tempted to throw in some Duncans, but the thing sounds so fine already with the stock PU's.

Mark

Love it Mark! I got one last year from zzound and it's my main player now! Great playing as usual.

craftm1":1q3k5abd said:
Love it Mark! I got one last year from zzound and it's my main player now! Great playing as usual.

Awesome guitars, right? :) Feel free to post a pic here, love to see it!!

Glad to see you back Mark! Love the LP and sorry to hear about your hand issues. Hope it's nothing serious. Nice playing! Giraldo is one of my all time favs

Here's mine......love the top!

Attachments

• IMG_3020.JPG
    IMG_3020.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,544
  • IMG_3019.JPG
    IMG_3019.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,545
Mark, did the brass block make a noticeable difference? I've ordered one because that's what I usually do!

Chester Nimitz":3vcj5od4 said:
Still working for Fractal ?

Can you expand on the "hand issues" ?

Yes I am working for Fractal from my home in Canada. So very cool of them!!
I've had stiffness and tremors in my left hand. I have to warm up a lot now. Warming up just means I get to play more, Doctor's orders :)

Mark

Findthetone1":3uws4z3x said:
Glad to see you back Mark! Love the LP and sorry to hear about your hand issues. Hope it's nothing serious. Nice playing! Giraldo is one of my all time favs

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement :)

craftm1":1j1mxx0p said:
Mark, did the brass block make a noticeable difference? I've ordered one because that's what I usually do!

I find the block made a nice positive difference.

Nice top on your guitar, great score. What year is yours? Mine was made Dec 31/2014. It also states it is a 2014 model on the headstock. L&M advertises 2015. I think the 2015 had Richlite fretboard but the 2014 is supposed to be Rosewood. Any info?

Mark

It's 2014. It was advertised as a select run for zzound.com. They had 16, they let you pick your guitar. This is the one picked based on the top. It's a rosewood finger board according to Gibson.

Attachments

• IMG_3022.JPG
    IMG_3022.JPG
    809.6 KB · Views: 2,505
Mark, great to hear you are engaged and back home!

To be honest with you, I just sold my Lifeson as well. I have no remorse on that though. Beautiful guitar in every way but to be honest with you, I have not very comfortable on it compared to my Fender CS strats. I found it a bit narrow in the fretboard area. The nut width on Gibson's site shows a certain width but comparing it to my Fender it is narrower with the string spacing. So much better playing with the one's that I have. I picked up a Dave Murray strat as a replacement and it is great as well.

Hope the tremors cease!

:rock:

I've noticed a lot of guys with hand or wrist issues gravitate towards Ernie Balls because they make about the smallest neck profiles. I don't have big hands and even I think the Luke is way too small. The maple neck Axis models are pretty cool, and the necks feel like sex.

PBGas":20j4x5av said:
Mark, great to hear you are engaged and back home!

To be honest with you, I just sold my Lifeson as well. I have no remorse on that though. Beautiful guitar in every way but to be honest with you, I have not very comfortable on it compared to my Fender CS strats. I found it a bit narrow in the fretboard area. The nut width on Gibson's site shows a certain width but comparing it to my Fender it is narrower with the string spacing. So much better playing with the one's that I have. I picked up a Dave Murray strat as a replacement and it is great as well.

Hope the tremors cease!

:rock:

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you found something you dig. I always sort of fought with the Lifeson's wide thinnish neck.

Unfortunately the tremors are not going to cease :(

cardinal":20j4x5av said:
Best of luck with the hand issues.

LP looks awesome.

Thanks Cardinal!!

danyeo":20j4x5av said:
I've noticed a lot of guys with hand or wrist issues gravitate towards Ernie Balls because they make about the smallest neck profiles. I don't have big hands and even I think the Luke is way too small. The maple neck Axis models are pretty cool, and the necks feel like sex.

The one's I've tried had tiny necks too, not sure I could bond, though. AS long as I warm up a lot and exercise it's not too bad at the moment, not were I want to be but not bad. That of course is at my limited level of playing to begin with lol.

Mark

I'd love to get my hands on one of these, but according to their website L&M won't ship to the US
Bummer

I love my shred, but the stock 300k volume pots and assembly had to go. I upgraded to 500k hand wired setup and now have thornbuckers in it

Back