RIP Chris Cornell

To me 'fell on black days' shows such great ranges he can go.
Listened to it on the way to work.
Such a tragic loss. :aww:

Def a wicked voice and vibe. Huge loss. Strange details surrounding the death but sometimes we all underestimate the link between the mind, medications etc.. RIP

GregM":3d6th088 said:
glip22":3d6th088 said:
It just doesn't make any sense why he would hang himself. He was found on the floor. I wonder if it was autoerotica asphyxiation and the girl split. I just can't believe he killed himself with two young Daughters and a seemingly happy married life.

I agree, I think there's a bit more to it than him just hanging himself. Toxicology reports may shed a little light, I'm not sure if he was still claiming to be clean right now or not. His wife this morning told TMZ that he showed no signs of being depressed or suicidal but I'm skeptical that he was found at 12:05 this morning after she had called someone to check on him, that doesn't seem long enough after the show and him getting back to the hotel for her to be worried that she hadn't heard from him.

I first saw the news on Twitter this morning on the way to work and thought it was a fake story until I did a quick search and found it was propagating everywhere. Wow.

I thought about the asphyxiation angle as apparently he was found in the bathroom but I have also read that maybe prescription medication to assist with depression in certain doses can actually have the opposite effect. Honestly, who knows, reminds me of Toronto Maple Leafs tough guy Wade Belak found in his hotel room after a night out in 2011. His family apparently ended up saying that it was accidental vs. suicide. This could be one of those things.. hell, I have heard of people being strangled by cable machines while working out or heavy duty elastic bands. Total mistake but it can happen. Pass out while doing heavy presses for example...

To give you people a idea of how much these Seattle scene changed between 1989 and 1994....

The main local music magazine was the Rocket. Every year they did these annual list.

In 1989 they listed about 140 bands local that played rock. They listed almost everyone.
In 1994 they listed over 6000 bands and it was less than half of them.

People from all over the world were coming to Seattle thinking they were going to get famous playing music. What they did not understand is it was already over for years.
Now the live music scene has been dead for years. People ask me were to go see live music in Seattle I tell them Portland.

stephen sawall":2bj7hw9z said:
To give you people a idea of how much these Seattle scene changed between 1989 and 1994....

The main local music magazine was the Rocket. Every year they did these annual list.

In 1989 they listed about 140 bands local that played rock. They listed almost everyone.
In 1994 they listed over 6000 bands and it was less than half of them.

People from all over the world were coming to Seattle thinking they were going to get famous playing music. What they did not understand is it was already over for years.
Now the live music scene has been dead for years. People ask me were to go see live music in Seattle I tell them Portland.

Might be time for the grunge guys and scene to cash in on a revival! I didn't like it much at the time but over the years I def. have grown to appreciate more of what they were doing musically. I hated Nirvana but now I can listen to it and see what they were doing. Gotta dig that. Will def. live on as timeless just as 70's and the good 80's stuff did.

Kapo_Polenton":pztn5ric said:
GregM":pztn5ric said:
glip22":pztn5ric said:
It just doesn't make any sense why he would hang himself. He was found on the floor. I wonder if it was autoerotica asphyxiation and the girl split. I just can't believe he killed himself with two young Daughters and a seemingly happy married life.

I agree, I think there's a bit more to it than him just hanging himself. Toxicology reports may shed a little light, I'm not sure if he was still claiming to be clean right now or not. His wife this morning told TMZ that he showed no signs of being depressed or suicidal but I'm skeptical that he was found at 12:05 this morning after she had called someone to check on him, that doesn't seem long enough after the show and him getting back to the hotel for her to be worried that she hadn't heard from him.

I first saw the news on Twitter this morning on the way to work and thought it was a fake story until I did a quick search and found it was propagating everywhere. Wow.

I thought about the asphyxiation angle as apparently he was found in the bathroom but I have also read that maybe prescription medication to assist with depression in certain doses can actually have the opposite effect. Honestly, who knows, reminds me of Toronto Maple Leafs tough guy Wade Belak found in his hotel room after a night out in 2011. His family apparently ended up saying that it was accidental vs. suicide. This could be one of those things.. hell, I have heard of people being strangled by cable machines while working out or heavy duty elastic bands. Total mistake but it can happen. Pass out while doing heavy presses for example...
They are saying he definitely hung himself to death. There's allot of evidence supporting it. What a shame!
http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/19/chris-cor ... p-suicide/

My most valuable memory is as a 14yr old boy along with my small group of pot smoking, marauding BMX riding adolescents constantly listening to the "new Soundgarden album"...Superunknown...Let Me Drown starts and I'm taken back there...hot sun on my face, wind at my back...

I cannot wait for the toxology results. I'm interested in that mostly at this point. I am with Chris's wife in believing something is more to it. Slurred speech and said he might have taken an extra Ativan or two. If the toxology report comes back as that, I guess what I am saying is in our western society the big picture here to me is how dangerous pharmaceutical drugs can be. So so many die from them or their side effects every year and it's this swept under the rug subject. It's really gonna piss me off more if this is the case here?

crwnedblasphemy":27urt1qg said:
I cannot wait for the toxology results. I'm interested in that mostly at this point. I am with Chris's wife in believing something is more to it. Slurred speech and said he might have taken an extra Ativan or two. If the toxology report comes back as that, I guess what I am saying is in our western society the big picture here to me is how dangerous pharmaceutical drugs can be. So so many die from them or their side effects every year and it's this swept under the rug subject. It's really gonna piss me off more if this is the case here?

If this is the case, I'm with you btw I want to see toxicology, and i'm actually shocked cause came back BEFORE tox.

I hope this kinda launches the topic into a stratosphere that it can no longer be ignored

So he walked around with an exercise band and the climbing bracket because he used them so often?

Sounds premeditated to me.

Excercise band coulda been in his duffle bag/luggage and climbing clips are used all the time by touring musicians for there keys and access badges. I see it all the time at the venue I work.

ElectricVoodoo":9ce156ic said:
So he walked around with an exercise band and the climbing bracket because he used them so often?

Lots of people have a carabiner on their keychain or bag. My daughter uses one to attach crap to her backpack. I used to have one to attach my chain wallet to my pants.

Cornell was also known to have, over the past decade or so, started to take personal fitness very seriously, with daily running, etc. There's a good chance he just carried an exercise band around with him because it's a pretty convenient portable workout tool for resistance training.

It's hard to say.

Ultimately, Cornell had to have been informed of potential side effects of the drug. I wonder--and doubt--that this is the first time he would have experienced said side effect (if that's really the causal issue at play). If tox reports show that he indeed had an abnormally high concentration of lorazepam in his system to indicate that he took a larger than prescribed dose, then ultimately it's on him. I could see someone considering suicide taking a higher dose to help make the act of suicide itself easier to follow through on.

I don't know. There's a really shameful part of me that wonders if this could be posturing for a wrongful death lawsuit. I really feel for his family right now, and there has to be a strong level of denial and anger at the entire situation on their end. It's natural that that would be so.

I just hope that this doesn't become a drawn out situation where his demons get exposed for the public and tabloids to know. Cornell did an incredible job of staying relatively private in spite of his celebrity. I hope he and his memory can truly rest in peace.

dirtyfunkg":35tppw1f said:
ElectricVoodoo":35tppw1f said:

Lots of people have a carabiner on their keychain or bag. My daughter uses one to attach crap to her backpack. I used to have one to attach my chain wallet to my pants.

Cornell was also known to have, over the past decade or so, started to take personal fitness very seriously, with daily running, etc. There's a good chance he just carried an exercise band around with him because it's a pretty convenient portable workout tool for resistance training.

It's hard to say.

Ultimately, Cornell had to have been informed of potential side effects of the drug. I wonder--and doubt--that this is the first time he would have experienced said side effect (if that's really the causal issue at play). If tox reports show that he indeed had an abnormally high concentration of lorazepam in his system to indicate that he took a larger than prescribed dose, then ultimately it's on him. I could see someone considering suicide taking a higher dose to help make the act of suicide itself easier to follow through on.

I don't know. There's a really shameful part of me that wonders if this could be posturing for a wrongful death lawsuit. I really feel for his family right now, and there has to be a strong level of denial and anger at the entire situation on their end. It's natural that that would be so.

I just hope that this doesn't become a drawn out situation where his demons get exposed for the public and tabloids to know. Cornell did an incredible job of staying relatively private in spite of his celebrity. I hope he and his memory can truly rest in peace.

Good post and I agree to all of it as possible scenarios. I was telling a coworker tonight about the same thing you said. Even though open about his rehab it's kinda outta sight outta mind about his addiction issues. I mean Weiland a lot of the time you go "man that guy is fucked up," and we had a lot of video to confirm it. It really wasn't the case here

Mailman1971":1hf0h0lw said:
Just read his last song of the night was Zepplin "In my time of dying"

RIP man

Audio slave is some master jams. :rock:
It was a section of the song thrown in to S & B which was the last song. They've done that before, not uncommon for them.
The whole show is on YT. I went threw all of it, he seems a bit out of it, not 100%

crwnedblasphemy":1mlhtw82 said:
dirtyfunkg":1mlhtw82 said:
ElectricVoodoo":1mlhtw82 said:

It's hard to say.

Good post and I agree to all of it as possible scenarios. I was telling a coworker tonight about the same thing you said. Even though open about his rehab it's kinda outta sight outta mind about his addiction issues. I mean Weiland a lot of the time you go "man that guy is fucked up," and we had a lot of video to confirm it. It really wasn't the case here
IF people choose to take meds in a NOT prescribed manner then it's on them, personal responsibility should be the MOST important subject not "those damn meds". I work in health care and giving a PRN narcotic pain med to someone who NEEDS it now is becoming harder to do, I need to chart justification for a PRESCRIBED medication. Ridiculous. If its needed its needed PERIOD.

Rant over. Not meant as a response to the above post...

I will say that Psychotropics and Antidepressants all have to be tapered down if one is going off of the medications, if not terrible side effects can occur. This also goes for taking MORE than the prescribed amount. Anxiolytics(Alprazolam etc) also are included in this. If he took more than the prescribed amount then this might have happened with him.

What a tragic fuckin loss.

Shocking news, I've been reading a bit about it on Reddit and people are trying to turn it into a conspiracy.

Racerxrated":317ip0iu said:
crwnedblasphemy":317ip0iu said:
dirtyfunkg":317ip0iu said:
ElectricVoodoo":317ip0iu said:

It's hard to say.

IF people choose to take meds in a NOT prescribed manner then it's on them, personal responsibility should be the MOST important subject not "those damn meds". I work in health care and giving a PRN narcotic pain med to someone who NEEDS it now is becoming harder to do, I need to chart justification for a PRESCRIBED medication. Ridiculous. If its needed its needed PERIOD.

Rant over. Not meant as a response to the above post...

I will say that Psychotropics and Antidepressants all have to be tapered down if one is going off of the medications, if not terrible side effects can occur. This also goes for taking MORE than the prescribed amount. Anxiolytics(Alprazolam etc) also are included in this. If he took more than the prescribed amount then this might have happened with him.

What a tragic fuckin loss.

What I will say to this Racer, while i do agree with the majority of what you've said.the entirety it isn't that Black and White.

I'm glad there are professionals like you that care about what they are doing. That is not something I can say for everyone working with these kind of cases.

Until Tox actually comes back, this is all conjecture about something that might not even be. we don't know what else might be there. We are talking about a "sobered" oxy user, I wouldn't be surprised if there was more than just ativan in his system.

by all account, he seem effected by Dysarthria, (video on last concert: with unique cadences for certain lines, His widow saying He was slurring his words and didn't sound right. )

having some experience with this as a patient, this sounds like the effect of more than one or two extra... as that is what your GP will up you by to find the dose needed (not even getting into the ethics of this one. it happens, its shitty)

It really is a tragic Loss. But somethings are still not adding up.

^^ I agree, no black and white here, just a recent observation of what is now considered the "scourge" of Narcotic/Controlled prescribed substances in this country. The problem is, I forsee plenty of people who DO need these, suffer because of the stigma. PCPs will be forced to try "alternative techniques" with everyone, and there are some who do need these meds for pain control. Giving someone post radical bilateral mastectomy Tylenol for pain control?? REALLY?? That's a true story, and a FN joke. All because of this stigma.
She went from that, to Fentanyl and Dilaudid. After suffering for 2 hrs. Bullshit.

They should just make all drugs legal and make the user completely responsible.

A lot of people forget if a doctor gives you a prescription he is not with you 24 hours a day to monitor you. You need to educate yourself and understand what you are doing to yourself.

Back