What Amp to Pair with a Rectifier?

Run two Rectifiers.... One with EL34, the other with 6L6.

I ran my Tremoverb in multi-amp rigs on and off for 23 years. Just about any NMV amp is going to sound amazing mixed. I have tried more than half of the recommendations above and all them can work.

Getting control of phase issues and EQ in a multi-amp rig...specially with multichannel amps can be a pain in the @$$. For recording no big deal. Live endless problems. The biggest being getting the person controlling the mix to blend the amps the way you would want. It never happens.

stephen sawall":pnv5y4ao said:

I ran my Tremoverb in multi-amp rigs on and off for 23 years. Just about any NMV amp is going to sound amazing mixed. I have tried more than half of the recommendations above and all them can work.

Getting control of phase issues and EQ in a multi-amp rig...specially with multichannel amps can be a pain in the @$$. For recording no big deal. Live endless problems. The biggest being getting the person controlling the mix to blend the amps the way you would want. It never happens.

Good point about the blend. Id add a two channel mic mixer to the rig and do it myself.

moltenmetalburn":1pcqieff said:
stephen sawall":1pcqieff said:

Good point about the blend. Id add a two channel mic mixer to the rig and do it myself.

I've done that.... The guitar coming out of the monitors still sound like crap in 99% of the gigs. But it does give you a little more control.

The solution I found was the Deliverance 120 was pretty much doing what I wanted two amp rigs to do.

The Rivera Knucklehead is mixing pretty well. I'm going to try to get a Bogner Uberschall to mix with it. It might give me a little darker grit.

Back