GAS Attack for an Invective

7 Stringer

God damn, can't wait for this amp to come out, it will rule the METAL world i am sure!!!!!!

It has been years since I've had gas for an amp, this is the one.

Footswitch is pretty awesome too:

All midi controllable, god damn, they hit it out of the ballpark with this one :rock:

Yeah, this amp looks cool. I as well am sort of Jonesing to try it out. I like the amenities. If the gate and OD implementations work as well as the actual pedal counterparts, that's two open spots on a pedalboard.
:rock:

Yup, all the features add up to an excellent package. I am anxious to hear the OD on the clean channel, might yeild a nice bluesy overdrive crunch. This will be a super versatile box.

I need to sell an amp to get this one, i wanna downsize but need this....... Maybe a Peters on the for sale soon, the VHT UL, BE100, 5153....... Decisions, decisions........

I haven't listened to any clips of it yet nor am I much of a Misha/Periphery fan but I have to hand it to them, it looks like a lot of thought went into that design and feature set. There's a lot going on but it's incredibly practical.

From what I've heard so far I think it's awesome! But aesthetically I can't really gel with it. The grill is just kinda ugly in my opinion.
That doesn't mean I don't want one though. :thumbsup:

kylendm":39eb917n said:
From what I've heard so far I think it's awesome! But aesthetically I can't really gel with it. The grill is just kinda ugly in my opinion.
That doesn't mean I don't want one though. :thumbsup:

Lol, was feeling the same way, but, i think it's growing on me. It has a modern look with the old school Peavey logo, witch i always loved. It's an 80s staple. Still remember my Bandit 1x12, god damn did i love that amp man!!!!!!!! I even had it modified to with an external speaker out. I used to plug it in a Marshall 4x12, sounded pretty bad ass.

This should be THE definitive 5153!!!!!!! It's the evolution from the real 5150 inventors!!!!!!!

But the EVH 5153 is pretty bad ass though, my main amp for the past 5 years, love that thing.

Invective is out from nowhere for sure as a name...... But whatever, if it delivers, who cares :doh:
:rock:

yeah, it seems like it could be really cool, hope it is. I have always had a soft spot for Peavey, so hoping it does well.
Certainly not a big concern, but I agree about the looks, it seems pretty generic looking for all the bells and whistles and strong name. It reminds me of an old 5150 that has the nameplate removed...seems like a big gap there.

I would like to try it. A 5150 with a real clean channel, footswitchable loop, 9'volt power on the head for loop based effects, A well made noise gate built in. It is a lot for a Peavey, but if it is as well made as the original 5150, should be bulletproof

Back