Mark IIC+ vs IIC++ vs JP-2C video review.

Which is your favorite?

• IIC+

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • IIC++

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • JP-2C

Votes: 30 45.5%

• Total voters
Cool clip. I preferred the 2C++. Seemed to have that thick bounce to the tone. JP2C was cool and had nice compression, but it sounds a little sterile compared to the real thing.

psychodave":s3nnj580 said:
Cool clip. I preferred the 2C++. Seemed to have that thick bounce to the tone. JP2C was cool and had nice compression, but it sounds a little sterile compared to the real thing.
Agree on all points.

Nice vid and great comparison! :rock:

Sounds great man. All sound a little different but equally great. :rock:

I'll be the jerk and say it. Sorry. Those out of tune b and e strings were very distracting. Thanks for the vid but tuning is important.

Thanks guys, keep it coming. :)

Ronald they are actually in tune. Checked with a headstock tuner before each clip. I've got heavy bottom 9s on the guitar now, and with the extra jumbo frets when I fret hard with my man hands they bend out of tune a little. The opens also twang out of pitch a little with hard picking. Next change I'm going to heavy bottom 10s which will help.

I like the C upgrade the most IMHO, not too much of a fan of the extra hair the ++ and the JP have.

you running your Hanneman @ 9v?

also last thing, audio comparisons do better a little closer together. maybe a back to back to back edit clip at the end with a splash screen next time :D

I like the JP best in this actually. I am probably in the minority and felt the gain was more hairy on the +'s. The JP seems a little darker on my speakers but assume that's easy enough of a fix.

Nice damn collection of gear man!

I prefer the top amp but given that the JP2C sounds so close, beats out a MkIv or V and is available off the shelf withe about 98% the same tone-age as an ancient amp modded...I vote JP2C.

The jp has this hollow low end thing going on to my ears that the other 2 don't have.

I recommend ditching the 440 6l6 and Mesa pre amps. 415 and nos 12ax7s are it for me in my +. Really brings the amp to life. I'm betting all three amps would sound even better. My vote is for the+

Thanks for the vid!

jkdsteve":2h31xbqj said:
I prefer the top amp but given that the JP2C sounds so close, beats out a MkIv or V and is available off the shelf withe about 98% the same tone-age as an ancient amp modded...I vote JP2C.

Does it?

Thanks everyone! I agree that the NOS tubes do sound better, but I decided I don't want to get in the habit of spending a ton of cash on old ass tubes where who knows how long they'll live. Judgement call.

@ eternal, yes, the Hanny is at 9v still. The SPC knob was also off so there's no boost at all. I did get another ask for the clips closer together, next time. I did put the time stamps in the description so you can bounce around with the slider easy enough for a better comparo.

I did not care for the C++, it is almost too thick sounding in the mids. Give me the upgraded C+ all day long. And play something other than METAL if you want a real comparison.

mojotone":kf9ehpsu said:
I did not care for the C++, it is almost too thick sounding in the mids. Give me the upgraded C+ all day long. And play something other than METAL if you want a real comparison.

If,you enjoy wham, Rick Martin, or Justin Bieber then it is great drowned out by synths and snappy vocals. No metal here. Enjoy!!!! I know they will enjoy your manly embrace.

Hardvalve":29f8gxnu said:
mojotone":29f8gxnu said:

If,you enjoy wham, Rick Martin, or Justin Bieber then it is great drowned out by synths and snappy vocals. No metal here. Enjoy!!!! I know they will enjoy your manly embrace.

I currently own three original Mark IIC+ amps hooked up to a MESA amp switcher along with an EVH-5153 Stealth halfstack. I made my statement based on how I like the TRUE voice of the guitar being heard. I want my Gibson, Andersons, and my Jackson to sound a bit different from each other. Gobs of gain will make them all sound the same, see what I mean. Don't call me a fag if I want to hear what my guitar actually sounds like, cocksucker!

Waa waah. Like I said in the vid, if you want to hear something different let me know & I'll see what I can put together.

Back