Ah... rare moment of an empty house

cardinal

I don't have a swank separate rehearsal space and never get to play out these days, but I had a rare moment of an empty house... sooo much more fun to really crank these up and rattle the place.

IMG_8893_zpsyo6xti9r.jpg

Thanks guys!

Bronco":15bnwhxf said:
Nice! Where in NoVa are you? Lived in Alexandria for the past 6 years...

Cool man. I've been in Vienna for the last few years. Bought a house so hopefully will get to stay here a while! I still need a drum kit (and to learn to play the damn thing). Otherwise it's a pretty decent jam space as long as the rest of he house doesn't mind. If you're ever interested in meeting up just pm me. I'm usually casing kids around.

cardinal":mzn7cfj8 said:
Thanks guys!

Bronco":mzn7cfj8 said:
Nice! Where in NoVa are you? Lived in Alexandria for the past 6 years...

Cool man. I've been in Vienna for the last few years. Bought a house so hopefully will get to stay here a while! I still need a drum kit (and to learn to play the damn thing). Otherwise it's a pretty decent jam space as long as the rest of he house doesn't mind. If you're ever interested in meeting up just pm me. I'm usually casing kids around.

I lived in Reston from 2003-2007 when I was stationed there. :) I used to go to Melodee Music in Sterling and up to that Chuck Levin's guitar store occasionally in Maryland. I enjoyed some parts of living there but the traffic turned me into a madman. :)

Oh also, love the room! Reminds me that I need a Charvel again one of these days. I just picked up a G&L Legacy with single coils so have the "Strat" thing covered. I miss my Charvels. :)

Thanks man! Traffic doesn't seem worse than the Bay Area, but that's not saying much. At least the Metro works most days. Chuck Levins is pretty nice but a bit of a haul from here.

Love that Charvel. My #1 for sure.

cardinal":1mf5qco1 said:
Thanks man! Traffic doesn't seem worse than the Bay Area, but that's not saying much. At least the Metro works most days. Chuck Levins is pretty nice but a bit of a haul from here.

I lived in Hawaii for 9 years and people always wonder why I complain about D.C. traffic more. I tell them that at least in Hawaii, I might be stuck in traffic, but it is 75 degrees and I'm looking at a beautiful ocean and listening to Hawaiian music. :)

romanianreaper":2u8wtolf said:
cardinal":2u8wtolf said:

I lived in Hawaii for 9 years and people always wonder why I complain about D.C. traffic more. I tell them that at least in Hawaii, I might be stuck in traffic, but it is 75 degrees and I'm looking at a beautiful ocean and listening to Hawaiian music. :)
Do you, like, not have the technology to at least reproduce the music of your choice in your vehicle? Heck a lot cars can even control the cabin temperature. Then it it is just down to the view, which makes you sound like a bitch. :LOL: :LOL:

Elric":dnq6ixma said:
romanianreaper":dnq6ixma said:
cardinal":dnq6ixma said:

Do you, like, not have the technology to at least reproduce the music of your choice in your vehicle? Heck a lot cars can even control the cabin temperature. Then it it is just down to the view, which makes you sound like a bitch. :LOL: :LOL:

:) I'm just saying that in Hawaii I was a normal human operating a vehicle. In D.C. I was like Multiple Migs from Silence of the Lambs behind the wheel. I have never seen so many angry people in my life. By the way, there is no view in D.C. :LOL: :LOL:

romanianreaper":3oq4dl36 said:
Elric":3oq4dl36 said:
romanianreaper":3oq4dl36 said:
cardinal":3oq4dl36 said:

:) I'm just saying that in Hawaii I was a normal human operating a vehicle. In D.C. I was like Multiple Migs from Silence of the Lambs behind the wheel. I have never seen so many angry people in my life. By the way, there is no view in D.C. :LOL: :LOL:

People here are definitely angry. Very strange. Obviously not everyone. But I've never met so many reasonably well-off people who seem just plain angry at the world.

cardinal":ogxhiplf said:
I don't have a swank separate rehearsal space and never get to play out these days, but I had a rare moment of an empty house... sooo much more fun to really crank these up and rattle the place.

IMG_8893_zpsyo6xti9r.jpg

Nice :rock: Hope you enjoyed it man!

I don't play out but used to own a home out in the country where I could play as loud as I wanted whenever I wanted, but I decided to go back to school and the wife and I have been stuck in an apartment complex the last 4 years. Well I graduated last week, were moving in the next couple months, and I'm making every effort to assure the next place is far enough from any immediate neighbors and has a dedicated jam room. Can't wait to be able to crank it up an peel paint :rock:

cardinal":adcs9llq said:

IMG_8893_zpsyo6xti9r.jpg

It's awesome when you get a chance to crank up an amp! I'm in Alexandria moving to Manassas this week, stuck in apartments not being able to make any real noise. My bands rarely practice too, so it's a Vox VT for most of my playing.

Back