Amp Switcher recommendations

Another thing to keep in mind is phase alignment if you're using channel switchers. Most quality ABY boxes will have a phase switch but its only a sure thing if you're using single channel amps. If you're using channel switchers and they don't use the same number of gain stages then you'll have phase alignment issues with some combinations. So both cleans might be in phase but the crunch channels might be out of phase. Then the lead channels would be back in phase. I went through this a while back and ended up with the RJM Y-not because the phase switch can be programmed on a per-patch basis. Then I also had a MIDI controller switching channels on both heads and controlling the Y-not and it was cool when I finally got it working. Its just one of those things where adding a second amp can require a whole lot of extra expensive infrastructure to work properly.

I've tried several (except Twin City Radial) and the Lehle Little Dual has been my favorite. Super quiet, no power needed, superior German build quality. Switches are the best ever made, But like someone said there it this little down and up release thing that I think Lehle should redesign for alway switching only on a down stomp. I also see Lehle and Whirlwind on more pro touring boards that are beat and old still working.

Back