Amp Switcher recommendations

mrcak

Banned
Got enough amps to where it might be interesting combining 2 at a time. The Fulltone ABY looks cool to me. Any others work well?

I have used both Radial (Twin City) and Lehle (Little Dual). Both are quite good. Important to have a phase inverter and ground lift. Both have them...

I now have the Little Dual running the rig in my avatar (sounds awesome).

It really depends on what you want to accomplish and how many amps you need access to via the switcher.
Do you have separate cabs for each amp or are you trying to combine amps in to one cab??

For the former, I have an older Mesa High Gain Amp Switcher that works really well. 4in and 4out. Each is an amp/cab set-up.
Egnater used to make something similar to the Mesa as well.
Also, there is the Little Lehle for 2 amps and Lehle Dual that can actually do 3 separate amps. Also great.
I haven't owned, yet RJM makes some units capable of switching amps as well.
Then you can find a bunch that will A/B/Y two amps at a time.

Some other current options:
Palmer
Framptone
Radial
Voodoo Labs

Biggest things are isolation, phase, ground lift so there is not hum.
Best of luck.

There are many thread on the web about this topic. The Radial and Lehle are usually the top pick, depending on whether you need a buffer.

8len8":2n9eqntz said:
There are many thread on the web about this topic. The Radial and Lehle are usually the top pick, depending on whether you need a buffer.
Which one of these has a buffer? I'm actually shopping for an ABY pedal as well.

maggotspawn":qvmxqlfx said:
8len8":qvmxqlfx said:
Which one of these has a buffer? I'm actually shopping for an ABY pedal as well.

Just check out the product websites. The Radial is buffered.

The Lehle Dual SGOS is the best. there's really no better choice in a pedal format. IMO everything else I've tried has had signal bleed or developed signal bleed.

The Radial and Lehle great for the money, although the Radial ever so slightly changes the tone a hair. Did not like the Voodoo Labs switcher, it changed the tone more than I liked, but it was pretty versatile. Fixing to land an Ampete 444 in the next few months, I see they are down to the 1300 range now, and offer ultimate versatility regarding effects, and supposedly no tone suckage. Plus you can do way more with cab selection and combinations, and switch via midi.. I'm in very shortly :yes:

I use the Fulltone ABY soft touch. Works great and has lots of options. When I was looking for something a few years ago, Fulltone had the most options with ground lift, phase switching and buffers for each side.

Dopethrone":etyhn045 said:
Mattfig":etyhn045 said:
I have and love the radial...Never had an issue and can run four amps at once!!!

Which one is that?
I have been looking at the Voodoo Labs switcher.

Scratch that....Mine's Voodoo Labs....Same colors as Radial....My bad....It's a great switcher....

Lehle Dual SGoS is the best I've used other than the RJM Y-not. The Lehle Little Dual has a quirk where every other press the switches work on the release which can be annoying depending on how you play.

As others have said lehle dual sgos is top notch. I have also used the voodoo lab amp selector which was good but not as good. I currently just use the dual outs on my es-8.

If you're just using two amps an ABY will work fine. I have old Whirlwind that did the trick well for years before going with VooDoo Labs Amp selector...I now run a 4 half stacks through the VooDoo unit and can use any combo four or all four at once. Each input has level and ground lifts..pretty decent unit that Iv'e had zero issues with.

Back