Another Reverb Prick - UPDATE: HERE'S HIS FRIVOLOUS CLAIM!

Chris O":2hxzcv98 said:
Whatta phucn mess!

Jim - Good on you for hopping in to help!!

Eh, it was the right thing to do as soon as I connected the dots as to who was the buyer. It's sad to know that his scams / attitude haven't changed in the 8-9 years since I first knew about him. He tried to buy some vintage pre-rola Celestions off me, and told me what he was willing to pay, roughly 1/2 of what they were selling for at the time.

I told him "Good luck with that, and goodbye!"

I've put my source and SavageRiffer together via email and phone #'s now, hopefully they can get this sorted out. But this guy is a brazen prick, and skillful scammer, so there's no telling where it will go.

sg guy":3ocj6x4p said:
-JIM, is this piece of shit even a guitarist?

I know he has quite a few old Marshalls from the 60/70's, and cabs to match. I'm going to assume he plays and is not just a collector, but I don't know for sure.

I met him about 4-5 years ago, but he didn't identify himself as the Royal Brit (ebay & Gbase account names) guy, nor as the low balling prick that he apparently is, besides this latest incident. Had I known who he
was at that time, I would have been all over him about the stuff I knew then.

Obviously he knew who I was, and kept his mouth shut about the previous incident on the speakers, and other players I had to help in a paypal dispute 6-8 years ago. I know he's got a boatload of cash, though, and this kind of crap is just fun for him.

Sickening, isn't it?

Ventura":zq8ugass said:
Scumback Speakers":zq8ugass said:
I know he's got a boatload of cash, though, and this kind of crap is just fun for him.

Sickening, isn't it?
Yep :gethim:
What a piece of shit. Lots of ways to fuck with somebody if you have their address (hint, hint).... :gethim:

What is the scam exactly? Is he trying to get a refund and keep the amp?
Early on in the debacle when he said reroute it and refund because a different shipping method was used than what was on the Reverb ad, it just seemed like buyers remorse and him trying to find any loop hole to get his money back.
Him sitting on the amp now though certainly shows different intentions.
Sucks for sure. Sorry you are going through this SR.

Scumback Speakers":ss73xxod said:
Candiria":ss73xxod said:
Oh wow, well this blows.

Jim,

Do you have any documentation/emails etc on this guy? Could it maybe help with SR's PayPal claim if he has proof of a business having seen this guy pull similar stuff?

I might be able to pull something up out of a crashed Mac Office email account, but it would be from years ago, as in 5-7 years ago. But based on what I heard from my source, this guy knows all the tricks to get his money back through paypal, and it would take more money/time/effort to fight it (more than likely) than to just pay the return shipping and refund this guy's money.

I'm not going to divulge all the info I just got online from my source, as it would out him and probably cause him strife. Suffice to say, he's been informed, and knew details that point directly to a scam on the buyer's part from the get go.

I am entertaining calling paypal about this, but I want to hear from SavageRiffer first, as that would require transaction #'s, and other information to make a case for this.

I hate hearing about this kind of crap, especially when I have some history in trying to rectify crap from this guy before, which I do.

Happy to go to bat for SavageRiffer, but it's his call on how he wants to handle this. All he has to do is call me and tell me what he wants to do about it.

We may not see eye to eye on a lot of things, but this was a solid move. :thumbsup:

Dirty prick lives in a $1.2M home in L.A. so it's obvious this isn't about money. I'm sure a $1.2M home is scoffed at in those parts, but to a commoner like myself, all the more unbelievable he is doing this for a "good time".

SavageRiffer":34gkdbp2 said:
Racerxrated":34gkdbp2 said:
They won't actually refund him till it shows delivered to you. They will just debit your paypal account. In fact, I don't think they will pull it from your bank? They will just give you a negative balance on your paypal account and you won't be able to use it until you fix that neg balance.
I'd imagine this assclown has had many problems before as stated by Jim S, and that Paypal is aware of his previous history to some degree? That should be in your favor.

I hope so. It sucks that at this point I'd be happy just getting my amp back in the same condition I sent it. The funny thing is that I would have refunded the guy if he wasn't acting so suspicious to begin with. Right off the bat he started acting dirty so it quickly became one of those damned if you do damned if you don't situations.

If he used a credit card/debit through paypal, he has his money, if he disputed with his bank. Bank does a temporary credit, while they "investigate", paypal. I've had to do it with a guitar.

napalmdeath":14fs41ba said:
SavageRiffer":14fs41ba said:
Racerxrated":14fs41ba said:
They won't actually refund him till it shows delivered to you. They will just debit your paypal account. In fact, I don't think they will pull it from your bank? They will just give you a negative balance on your paypal account and you won't be able to use it until you fix that neg balance.
I'd imagine this assclown has had many problems before as stated by Jim S, and that Paypal is aware of his previous history to some degree? That should be in your favor.

I hope so. It sucks that at this point I'd be happy just getting my amp back in the same condition I sent it. The funny thing is that I would have refunded the guy if he wasn't acting so suspicious to begin with. Right off the bat he started acting dirty so it quickly became one of those damned if you do damned if you don't situations.

If he used a credit card/debit through paypal, he has his money, if he disputed with his bank. Bank does a temporary credit, while they "investigate", paypal. I've had to do it with a guitar.
I bank at a credit union, not sure if that matters, but all i did was physically go there and sign a form blocking paypal's access to my bank account, and called the 2 credit card companies i had and did the same. I informed them that possible fraud was being committed, and they did what I asked. Now, my paypal account showed a negative balance but that's a separate issue from my bank, who has nothing to do with the paypal transaction beyond receiving or sending money to and from my account. I never received my amp, but I also kept my money. No paypal anymore, but last I checked nothing on my credit reflecting this issue. This happened back in 13. Also, this pile of shit won't actually GET his money until the amp shows delivered back at the OPs address.

Big thanks to Jim at Scumback speakers. I was able to get the information I needed for a police report. Once I get a copy of the police report, I can submit it to Paypal and hopefully they decline his claim. Here's the kicker: according to an inside source, the son of a bitch plans to hold on to it for a few weeks. I don't know if he's modded it or what, but apparently he has a proclivity to screw things up and then try and rip off people who fix it.

I've been screwed by eBay & Paypal a few times and, unfortunately, it has been for no less than $1700+ in any instance. The last time I got screwed was on eBay. That's why I abandoned eBay and went to Reverb. Unfortunately, Paypal isn't all cozy with Reverb, so they ignore whatever happens on Reverb and do their own judge-jury-executioner thing. For once, just once at least, I'd like to see some justice done and get the ruling in my favor. Just once at least I'd like to see Paypal side against frivolous bastards like this guy.

God knows I've given the guy so many chances, but he has ZERO conscience. I'm not the only victim here because this kind of crime is a crime against the entire gear trading community. That bastard represents the kind of people who screw things up for everyone.

Well, this looks like a fun situation. I know it's hardly a consolation, but I did recently have a case awarded in my favor by both Reverb AND PayPal that was attempted by an asshat like this one. Keep it respectful, professional, and regularly follow-up to PayPal. Not saying you haven't, just stating what can take you miles. Took about 10 days with PayPal, but it all worked out.

As for the bank, just call and tell them you've seen unauthorized transactions and you don't want to risk that spilling over into your bank account as well. Until it's straightened out, you want to block all transactions from PayPal. If your bank is worth 2 cents, they'll immediately block PayPal until you say otherwise.

Man I wish you the best with this BS. I'd really like to see this end well for you....but ain't it eff'd up that it's apparently so easy to scam someone out money/gear. Laws are for th honest and honorable....this SOB should dangle from a high tree.

SavageRiffer, you are welcome. If it comes to a paypal testimonial, I can do that with regard to what this guy did years ago that I was contacted about to get another deal resolved. Not sure if it resulted in a paypal claim since it's been so long ago, but it was for a misrepresented pre rola Celestion speaker that was blown and sold as good/working, etc.

I'm not sure what makes people like this tick, they just suck. Glad I could help out. You've got my number and email, let me know if there's something else I can do on this. Good luck!

Here's the kicker: according to an inside source, the son of a bitch plans to hold on to it for a few weeks. I don't know if he's modded it or what, but apparently he has a proclivity to screw things up and then try and rip off people who fix it.
Did Reverb make you generate a shipping label so he could ship it back on your dime? That's how my return worked. Seems like there would be a time limit to ship it back.

SavageRiffer":w4bfemp1 said:
Here's the kicker: according to an inside source, the son of a bitch plans to hold on to it for a few weeks. I don't know if he's modded it or what, but apparently he has a proclivity to screw things up and then try and rip off people who fix it.

Un-PHUCN-believable!! What the hell is wrong with people???

UPDATE: SEE OTHER THREAD ABOUT PAYPAL/REVERB...

PAYPAL LIED AND SAID THAT I AGREED TO A FULL REFUND AND CLOSED THE CLAIM!!! I NEVER ONCE AGREED TO A FULL REFUND! NOT ONLY THAT, THEY ARE TAKING THE SHIPPING COSTS OUT OF MY POCKET. AND AS IF THAT WASN'T FUCKING ME ENOUGH, THEY GAVE THE SON OF A BITCH UNTIL JULY 4TH TO SHIP IT BACK TO ME!!!

REVERB.COM DID NOTHING AT ALL TO HELP. THEY TOTALLY IGNORED EVERY MESSAGE I SENT. THEY ONLY RESPONDED TWICE SAYING THAT THEY WOULD GET SOMEONE ON THE RESOLUTION TEAM TO CONTACT ME. NO ONE EVER CONTACTED ME. THEY LET THIS FRAUD SON OF A BITCH GET AWAY WITH IT.

Jeez...I was afraid this is what would happen. You can file an appeal with PayPal about it. Feel free to have them contact me about my previous dealings with him. Sorry, SR.

Back