Another Reverb Prick - UPDATE: HERE'S HIS FRIVOLOUS CLAIM!

SavageRiffer

Banned
Man Reverb has been great, but there have been some real pricks lately. So I sold an amp on Monday evening, shipped the next morning, then last night I get an angry email demanding a refund if it wasn't delivered by today. UPS ground is 5-8 days, it has been 4 days. I think the dude had buyer's remorse, so funny thing is he sent me another message saying that he was shopping around and found a few amps like mine that were brand new for only $350 more (a lie since Bogner prices are fixed on new amps, then said that I was lucky to get such a good amount for it, then said he wasn't getting cold feet.

I was like dude, so you've been shopping around looking for deals, it's only been 4 days and delivery is scheduled for Monday, but you're wanting a refund because it wasn't delivered before the weekend... yet you say you're not getting cold feet? Please, what a little bastard. Some of these Reverb fuckers are worse than the twits in eBay.

Yep, lots of good tranactions but every now and then you get the weirdo/flakes. He still doesnt have it so hope it ends well for ya.

Tonelover":2akwofxo said:
It has nothing to do with what site you're on, they're everywhere, including here.

No, actually Reverb attracts a certain group of people because they have not yet clamped down on the necks of their sellers. Though the same kinds of people frequent eBay, Reverb is increasingly getting the kinds of liberal thinkers who take too much advantage. These are the kinds of people who cause places like eBay to adopt draconian policies. They're like people who go argue with surgeons because of something they read on WebMD. They typically have some degree of knowledge marginally above the average novice, and have a proclivity to create ostensible misunderstandings to distort a situation so they can take advantage of it. On Reverb is this particular type, but specifically in the gear trade.

Basically, they are the kind of people who ruin things for everyone else. Once they've crapped in the sandbox, no one can play in it. Then they move on and find another sandbox to crap in.

I'd reach out to reverb and let them know about what the seller is trying to do. Hopefully you took pictures of the packing process. Tell reverb that you are afraid that the buyer will cause some kind damage to get a refund.

SavageRiffer":2600soyk said:
No, actually Reverb attracts a certain group of people because they have not yet clamped down on the necks of their sellers. Though the same kinds of people frequent eBay, Reverb is increasingly getting the kinds of liberal thinkers who take too much advantage. These are the kinds of people who cause places like eBay to adopt draconian policies. They're like people who go argue with surgeons because of something they read on WebMD. They typically have some degree of knowledge marginally above the average novice, and have a proclivity to create ostensible misunderstandings to distort a situation so they can take advantage of it. On Reverb is this particular type, but specifically in the gear trade.

Basically, they are the kind of people who ruin things for everyone else. Once they've crapped in the sandbox, no one can play in it. Then they move on and find another sandbox to crap in.
That was incredibly well written.

OK, here's a full transcript. Keep note of the dates. Also, notice where he talks about the estimated shipping date being updated. It has only been 4 business days and it's scheduled for Monday. To protect the guy's identity, I put initials...

• Hello, I see you just bought it this year but what year was this made in as the new ones have the gold pinstripe going across the front along with an update in the build, I'm told. Thank you
o l. k.

o Jun 11, 2017 12:23 PM

Maybe you're thinking about the 100w head. I don't know of any pinstripe on the 50w. Not sure what the year is, but looks like a 2014-2015. It's hardly seen any use, maybe 2-3 hours max. As far as I know, there is no difference between a 2017 and a 2015.
o Jun 11, 2017 07:13 PM

I tell you what, if you want to make it a quick transaction, I'll do $1899 tonight.
o Jun 11, 2017 07:43 PM

1900 shipped? ty
o L. K.

o Jun 12, 2017 09:16 AM

That's pretty low man, and shipping has gotten expensive. Assuming that you're in the continental U.S. or no excessive shipping costs, send me an offer of $1950? and it's yours.
o Jun 12, 2017 10:45 AM
o
I'm in Cali and just submitted the whole 1950 for it shipped. thanks, lanz
o L. K.

o Jun 12, 2017 01:08 PM

please remember to revise the invoice to reflect 0 shipping. thanks
o L. K.

o Jun 12, 2017 01:11 PM

I was wondering why you submitted the offer that way. I edited the order to be $1950 total. I just don't want them to charge me fees for the $1950 + 85, so let me know when you put the payment through so I can check. Thanks.
o Jun 12, 2017 01:19 PM

going to do it now..
o L. K.

o Jun 12, 2017 01:23 PM

Looks like the payment went through, thanks. I'm not sure I can make the FedEx pickup this afternoon, but I'll try to make it when I get out of work. Stand by and I'll be in touch this evening.
o Jun 12, 2017 02:59 PM

ok, that's fine.. no problem at all. thank you
o L. K.

o Jun 12, 2017 05:35 PM

Just got off of work. Going to print label as soon as I get home. I'll ship tonight or in the morning.
o Jun 12, 2017 06:20 PM

so it's not coming fedex but UPS instead?
o L. K.

o Jun 13, 2017 03:27 PM

Yeah, sorry about that. When I used Reverb to do the shipping, it gave me a USPS or UPS option, so I chose UPS. It should have given you the tracking number, but if you didn't get it, let me know and I'll send it. I dropped it off on my lunch break earlier today, so it's probably already on its way to you. It's packed very well in a brand new box.
o Jun 13, 2017 05:52 PM

you're going to need to change service to fedex somehow because I've been waiting on this since Thursday when it was supposed to be delivered by. Then UPS changed delivery to Friday, now tracking is rescheduling again. I don't understand this. You indicated it would be sent fedex, NOT UPS! And as it's sig confirm, I can't sit around each day waiting until the end of the day for UPS.. they don't reach typically until 5-6pm but due to not being able to take a chance, I'm sitting around all day. Fedex is by 12-1pm on average. Unless it's delivered today, Friday 6/16, you'll need to resend this fedex or send a full refund please. This would have all been avoided with fedex as initially I was told. Thanks
o L. K.

o Jun 16, 2017 02:18 PM

It's already in your state. The average ground shipping time is 5-7 days, not including weekends, but it has only been 4 days - shipped on the 12th, today is the 16th. If it was still stuck in my home state or appear to have been lost, then I could see your concern. I never guaranteed you FedEx, nor did you ever make it a requirement. I originally intended to use FedEx, but I went with what was the most expedient at the time so I could get it to you. I never promised expedited shipping either, so the package will get there when it gets there.
Don't you think it's a bit premature to fly off the rails and made demands? How would it even be possible to switch shipping services? I've been screwed by people who get cold feet and buyer's remorse, so I don't give refunds. That's my shop policy. My obligation is to deliver you the amp as described in my auction. If the package gets lost or damaged, then we'll deal with that if the time comes. For now, it's only reasonable to wait and try to get the amp to you within a reasonable delivery date. Even if delivery took 9 days, it wouldn't be too far of a stretch of reasonable shipping.
Look, I'm not out to screw anyone around. I'm going to send you some pictures later when I get home to show you how much care I took in sending the amp to you. I gave you an incredible deal. I mean $1950 shipped for a Bogner Helios? Come on man, just be patient and I tell you it will be worth the wait. It's a damned masterpiece of an amp, and it will drown your ears in honey man. You just got a magnificent deal, so give it a chance. Believe me, I want that amp to get to you as soon as possible so I can move on to other things. Relax. I've never screwed anyone and I'm not about to start. I've done business on eBay, Reverb, and all the major forums for years with outstanding feedback ratings.
o Jun 16, 2017 05:20 PM

I never implied you were not honest and it's not a matter of 'cold feet'. Just as you've had some bad experiences, so have I with UPS and that's why I said nothing when you indicated it would be fedex. From TX to CA is never 9 days no matter which ground service is selected. The point is UPS' tracking clearly stated 5/15 delivery to CA. One more whole day wasted sitting around is acceptable but I don't even know if it will be Monday, Tuesday or whatever now. I can tell you this ain't my first rodeo either and it's precisely why I never use UPS. Lastly, there are several other 50w H amps available right now for around 2G. Brand spanking new they're $350 more! I wasn't complaining anyway about the $ but as you bring it up, let's be realistic.. you did not do bad on a used amp as most boutique amps loose at least 1/3 of value resold...
I'm glad you packed well because now that it's clearly taking much longer, it probably will get banged around more too
o L. K.

o Jun 16, 2017 05:45 PM

Look man, it has only been 4 days. You have to understand that it's just not reasonable for you to complain and make demands at this point. I've worked with you, and part of our deal - on your request - was $1950 shipped which means that I had to cover part of the shipping costs. Not only did I drop my price for you, I paid part of the shipping as well. If you paid for expedited shipping then that would be a different story.
Look, even if the Helios doesn't get there until Wednesday or even Friday, that wouldn't be unreasonable because it's not out of the ordinary for shipping delays to happen. I called UPS and they said it's scheduled for delivery on Monday which makes it 5 days - UPS ground is 5-8 days, so there are actually a few days of wiggle room. That's why they give you an "estimated" shipping date and not a guaranteed one.
1. The package is not lost according to UPS
2. It's in your home state already
3. Scheduled delivery is Monday though ground shipping allows up to 8 days
4. I shipped the very next day, so it's not like there was a delay on my part. Moreover, my shop policy specifies up to 2 days to ship, so I could have shipped a day later and still been in the right.
All I can say is that nothing has actually gone wrong at this point. Even though tracking indicates a delay, it's still within the 8 day estimate. Therefore, it could be delivered on Wednesday and actually still be on-time.
My shop policy does not allow returns. However, if you're set on getting a refund, I'd consider it on the following conditions: You would have to return the package unopened, fully insured, and held directly at a local FedEx or UPS location that I specify. Once I have received the package back and inspected it, then I'd issue a partial refund which would be the sale price minus shipping charges and a 10% restocking fee. That basically equates to a refund in the amount of approximately $1700. That would also be on the condition that you leave favorable feedback or no feedback at all.
Here are some pictures of the packing so you can see that I've put a lot of effort to ensure that you receive the amp in perfect condition.

{PICTURES OF BOX AND PACKING OF AMP}

o Jun 16, 2017 09:30 PM

do you clearly even understand what I originally said to you? Why are you telling me your bogus policies? Are you high or something? Please keep your bs to yourself and we'll see what happens when it gets here. In the meanwhile lay off me with your intimidation 'techniques' . I will not bandy wits with the likes of you. Lastly I'll remind you, I'm fully protected by paypal and my credit card co and will note your feedback extortion if necessary. Please don't contact me again.. I will contact you if or when necessary.
o Kamran Kavian

o Jun 17, 2017 03:21 PM

Look, I'm trying to work with you here. Your hostility is uncalled for. You were demanding a refund based on a delay that wouldn't even make the package late anyway. It has been 5 days. Insulting me gets us nowhere.
You were the one who demanded a refund prematurely, so I explained the conditions on which I'd offer you a refund. Rather than overreacting, you need to calm down and think clearly. If you try something with Paypal, just keep in mind that filing a false claim is fraud. Be careful making a false claim.
Let me make it clear that my shop policy specifies there are no returns. That's not bogus. That's already in writing. The terms I offered you are the conditions by which I'd agree to consider a return.
I have been honorable, giving you the deal you asked for, and shipping out the package well-packed as you requested and in a timely manner. You have NO claim to Paypal. Therefore, if you file a claim, it will be fraudulent claim. That mean you will be in violation of the law.
Here's the deal. YOU were the one who demanded a refund prematurely, so you have the burden of shipping charges. There's nothing unreasonable about that. A restocking fee is not uncommon or unreasonable when returning merchandise. Selling the item to you only to have to refund it on a whim because you suddenly got buyer's remorse, means that I must put the amp back on the market. That means that I could have otherwise sold it to someone else if it weren't for you, so there's nothing unreasonable about a restocking fee. I said it would be 10%, and that's actually half of what some places charge to return items.
Why should I bear the financial burden because you decided out of the blue to shop elsewhere? I'm sorry, but I am not going to pay out of my pocket to accommodate your indecisiveness. That's not reasonable.
Therefore, be very careful issuing threats. Be careful filing fraudulent claims. The best thing to do is stay calm and rational and work with me. If you want to return the amp being that there is nothing wrong with it and, most likely, it will be there on Monday, then that's on you not me.
Like I said, you need to return the amp via FedEx or UPS, fully insured, and arrange for it to be held directly at a FedEx or UPS location for me to pick up. The reason for that is because if they try to deliver while I'm not home, that will delay the process, thus delaying your refund. If the Helios has not been tampered with and is returned in the original pristine condition, then I have no problem giving you a refund. However, I will be entitled to a restocking fee because I'll have to put the amp back on the market and sell it all over again.
Just calm down, and read what I'm trying to tell you here. I'm not here trying to battle with you. I already said that before. Relax and read calmly how I've explained things and I think you'll be able to see that there's no need to get bent out of shape and insult me.

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
Monday, 06/19/2017
Last Location:
Los Angeles, CA, United States, Saturday, 06/17/2017
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS:
Signature Required

SHIPMENT PROGRESS

LOCATION DATE LOCAL TIME ACTIVITY
Los Angeles, CA, United States 06/17/2017 6:47 A.M. Destination Scan
06/17/2017 5:45 A.M. Arrival Scan
06/17/2017 5:14 A.M. Departure Scan
Los Angeles, CA, United States 06/16/2017 10:23 P.M. Arrival Scan
Vernon, CA, United States 06/16/2017 10:04 P.M. Departure Scan
06/16/2017 7:00 A.M. Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. / Delivery will be rescheduled.
Vernon, CA, United States 06/16/2017 12:13 A.M. Arrival Scan
Houston, TX, United States 06/13/2017 10:15 P.M. Departure Scan
06/13/2017 8:01 P.M. Arrival Scan
06/13/2017 7:31 P.M. Departure Scan
06/13/2017 1:17 P.M. The shipment has been dropped off and is now at The UPS Store®.
United States 06/12/2017 9:47 P.M. (ET) Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Just saying man if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably a duck... I'd get reverb involved now. There is buyer protection especially if you have pictures of the process but why I always pay UPS to package for me as I've had a buyer intentionally damage an amp and send it back as "defective". I have also had a buyer send me back the same weight in bricks and try to claim he repackaged the amp and it must have been switched and lost my shirt both times....

From my experience get reverb involved now and let them moderate the situation if that's what it turns into.... if it gets ugly give me a yell I work in LA every week.

Contact reverb and PayPal immediately and let them know about what is going on. I'm willing to be he has already.

I'd be worried. Almost sounds like he's threatening to break the amp when he gets it and then claim shipping damage or that you sent him a broken amp. Not sure what I'd do.

I'd probably ask Reverb if you can cancel this out but make him pay for the shipping. You might be able to get FedEx to reroute it back to you some how.

SandyRavage":1xvzr7wu said:
Just saying man if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably a duck... I'd get reverb involved now. There is buyer protection especially if you have pictures of the process but why I always pay UPS to package for me as I've had a buyer intentionally damage an amp and send it back as "defective". I have also had a buyer send me back the same weight in bricks and try to claim he repackaged the amp and it must have been switched and lost my shirt both times....

From my experience get reverb involved now and let them moderate the situation if that's what it turns into.... if it gets ugly give me a yell I work in LA every week.

I contacted Reverb and asked them to proactively warn the buyer about frivolous claims. I hope they can straighten the guy out because I'm tired of getting screwed by indecisive buyers. These are the photos of the packing and box I sent him in our conversation.

20170613_115859_zpsacm4kmzj.jpg

20170613_115816_zpsxrbysqfb.jpg

20170613_115725_zpsr4po8ugd.jpg

20170613_115928_zpsvia5b8sd.jpg

20170613_121300_zpszdy3py3h.jpg

20170613_121355_zpsgwuxkm2x.jpg

20170613_121550_zpsmpcychdc.jpg

20170613_121601_zpsxhilrezh.jpg

cardinal":1g3jr9pr said:
I'd be worried. Almost sounds like he's threatening to break the amp when he gets it and then claim shipping damage or that you sent him a broken amp. Not sure what I'd do.

I'd probably ask Reverb if you can cancel this out but make him pay for the shipping. You might be able to get FedEx to reroute it back to you some how.

That's a good idea. I guess I need to try and stop the delivery to reroute the package before it's too late, then deal with Reverb & Paypal later. This guy sounds like he'll play dirty to get his way and I'm not in the mood to be screwed out of $2000 again.

SavageRiffer":10net485 said:
cardinal":10net485 said:

That's a good idea. I guess I need to try and stop the delivery to reroute the package before it's too late, then deal with Reverb & Paypal later. This guy sounds like he'll play dirty to get his way and I'm not in the mood to be screwed out of $2000 again.
The only thing you can do at this point is wait it out. Doubtful that you can reroute it, but good luck. If he does play dirty after receiving it then here are your options:
1. Tell him no refunds, it's his amp.
2. If he gets paypal to reverse the charges, shut your paypal account down and stop payment/paypal access at your bank. That way they can't touch you or your money. Of course, you'll have to pay/get paid by credit card or with money orders when shopping but it's better than getting screwed.

I had a similar situation on ebay, and did this exact thing. I still buy/sell on Reverb whenever I want. Nothing on my credit report, and I still buy on ebay. Just don't have paypal anymore.

Back