EQ with separate boost?

peckhart

So I stuck my Analogman GE-7 in the loop of my Helios and was really liking the low end I could add to it.
Problem is, I have been running the Helios with nothing in the loop and just putting a jumper across it so I can toggle the loop on/off for solo boost volume. If I run the EQ in the loop I need to keep the loop on and now need a way to clean boost the volume for leads.
I came across the Empress Paraeq that seems cool with the built in boost that's on a separate button. I have never used a parametric EQ though. Also wondering if there are other options that could do both independently in one pedal like that.
Still looking to get a Suhr Koko for hitting the front too.

Just FYI in case this is what you thought but the Koko Boost isn't stackable. You can only use one Boost at a time, sadly.

I wondered when that Archer pedal would come out.. didn't realize they were shipping. Looks like a good idea though!

maddnotez":2vpcpaku said:
Just FYI in case this is what you thought but the Koko Boost isn't stackable. You can only use one Boost at a time, sadly.

Yeah that is fine. The Koko would be to.use out front to drive some more saturation.
The Empress Paraeq is EQ on one switch and Boost on the other. They appear to be independent which I am hoping for. Run in the loop, EQ always on and clean boost for volume bump for leads. I just grabbed one off of TGP. Price seemed right and the theory fits my need so I'll give it a shot.

Jimbo72":3gushmfj said:
Maybe check out the J.Rockett Steve Stevens pedal. Sounds great in front of my VH4.

I know it`s not a TS type pedal but will it tighten the low end ? I`ve got OCD about a tight low end :D

I run an SD1 in the front and a GE7 in the loop, easy to step on both at the same time

I got the Empress Paraeq yesterday. Works like a charm and dies exactly what I need it to.
A bit trickier than the graphic EQs I am used to but I am getting it dialed in and the boost side works great!

Back