Friedman Pink Taco + Suhr Reactive Load - Metal Tone Test

errrrrl

More home recording tone test with a Pink Taco, Keeley Red dirt, Suhr Reactive Load and Ownhammer IR's... basically misc metal riffs to a vid of people moshing :rock: ENjoy!

Like most of your clips, this sounds great! I'm a big fan of the Suhr Reactive Load and Ownhammer IRs.

Speaking of, would you mind sharing which Ownhammer IRs you used and what IR loader?

:)

Tronald Dump":155ub13y said:
Like most of your clips, this sounds great! I'm a big fan of the Suhr Reactive Load and Ownhammer IRs.

Speaking of, would you mind sharing which Ownhammer IRs you used and what IR loader?

:)

Thanks. I'm using the Ownhammer heavy hitters pack and use use NadIR in mono. To me the key for good metal/thrashy stuff is to load two IR's at the same time but one has to be an "Edge" IR and the other can be any other 0 thru 10 IR file in the same folder. I'll explain cause it took me awhile to figure out the whole Edge and 0 thru 10 IRs.

If you look at this directory \OwnHammer's\Heavy Hitters 96000-Hz\Single Cabs\412 MAR\T75\Mics you will see loads of IR's like this
getpubthumb

My theory is to basically use any EDGE labeled IR and combine it any one of the 00 thru 10 IR's. The Edge is a dark sounding IR and the other ones are usually much brighter and create awesome palm mutes/etc when combined. So for my recordings I literally randomly chose "OwnHammer's\Heavy Hitters 96000-Hz\Single Cabs\412 MAR\T75\Mics\OH 412 MAR T75 57-EDGE.wav" and loaded it with this "OwnHammer's\Heavy Hitters 96000-Hz\Single Cabs\412 MAR\T75\Mics\OH 412 MAR T75 160-00.wav" cause I liked the way they sounded together.

There is no real winning combination cause you can literally choose from so many IR's from the heavy hitters pack (too many IR in my opinion lol) and mix and match to your taste. And once you get a good combo that you like you can tweak it a bit more in NadIR using the balance knob to get darker or brighter tones. I hope this all makes sense. I'm no expert on IR's but have been messing with them for almost two years trying to get good metal tones, so feel free to ask more questions if you have any and I'll try to help. Here are the ones I used, one for the left side and the other got the right. Good luck man! :rock:

getpubthumb

getpubthumb

Tronald Dump":1lbtromi said:
Thanks for going to the trouble of posting those screen shots and the accompanying explanation.

:thumbsup:

Hope it helps! Post some clips too! ;)

errrrrl":12sj2j4p said:
Tronald Dump":12sj2j4p said:
Thanks for going to the trouble of posting those screen shots and the accompanying explanation.

Hope it helps! Post some clips too! ;)

I'm working on a clip right now, but it's a full song so it's gonna take a while. I also grabbed one of those Mooer 001s and I'm trying to find the right IRs to complement it. I may end up just going with the Suhr Reactive Load and one of my tube amps.

This sounds really good. A HUGE part of me really wants a BE-100, however, tracks like this make me wonder if a PT20 isn't the way to go.

Tronald Dump":20f1zbwb said:
I'm working on a clip right now, but it's a full song so it's gonna take a while. I also grabbed one of those Mooer 001s and I'm trying to find the right IRs to complement it. I may end up just going with the Suhr Reactive Load and one of my tube amps.

I tried for like maybe 10 minutes to use IR's with my mooer pedal but couldn't really say it was any better than their built in cab sim. But yeah that mooer is pretty kick ass for just plug and play.

VH4_BigRig":20f1zbwb said:
:rock: Sounds great!
Thanks man!

brianiac5150":20f1zbwb said:
This sounds really good. A HUGE part of me really wants a BE-100, however, tracks like this make me wonder if a PT20 isn't the way to go.

Thanks man. I get to play with a BE100 at the local shop once in awhile and its so much more awesome plus having a clean channel is nice but the taco can get pretty ballsey when really cranked up or at low volumes with a screamer in the front.... What I like about the taco is that it has a pretty good bass response and thickness especially when compared to the Runts.

If it was 1989, would be cool. Please stop supporting products Chartveldan stands behind. The sooner he goes away, everyone benefits.

Hardvalve":338813fc said:
If it was 1989, would be cool.
Thanks! I wish it was 1989 again too or 1988 even :LOL: :LOL:

Nitrobattery":338813fc said:
Sounds awesome!
Thanks man!

LunatiBSW":338813fc said:
Great job dude. :rock: I need to get back into figuring out this recording game
You should man, but make sure you keep making vids still. Your vids inspire me to want to buy a house and a Butterslax so I can crank that shit up and the shake the walls too ;) Seriously I enjoy your vids :rock:

MetalHeadMike":338813fc said:
Nice thrashy vibe :rock: Oh how I miss those days in the pit :rock:
Thanks man, been stuck in thrash mode since the 80s, its what I live for :rock:

I prefer the summer of 87'. I had a job at the local burger stand, I had my budget beginner guitar rig......it was ON!

Sounds great man! LOVE the tones and they're perfect for this kind of thrash! I have the HH pack, I guess I need to try some of these IR's at some point.

Damn! That sounds killer man.
I need to get the new 33 pedal to use with my Pink Taco to get the heavies. :rock:

Badronald":thfeh52x said:
I need to get the new 33 pedal to use with my Pink Taco to get the heavies. :rock:

Honestly my 33 didn't bond with my taco so much as my other amps with my normal settings. If you turn on the 33 and tweak the amp around the pedal then not too bad ;) Good luck!

errrrrl":2u9rx4af said:
Badronald":2u9rx4af said:

Honestly my 33 didn't bond with my taco so much as my other amps with my normal settings. If you turn on the 33 and tweak the amp around the pedal then not too bad ;) Good luck!

Maxon OD808?

Badronald":1gxspigg said:
errrrrl":1gxspigg said:
Badronald":1gxspigg said:

Maxon OD808?

Maxon sounds killer with it!

Back