Boss MS-3

raz311

Hey All

Just wondering if anyone has picked up a Boss MS-3 already. I was hoping someone could chime in with some answer for a couple of my questions.
I'm looking at a simple switching system to use with an EVH 5150III 50w so I can downsize everything. I'm not a big effects guy, so I was wondering how the quality of the chorus, delay, octave and phasers are. I love the idea of this type of unit, I was going to go with the ES-5 switcher and a few pedals, but the fact that this has effects built in might be a better option for me. I'd use the FS-7 for bank changes etc and maybe a volume pedal of some sort too. I'm not playing out anymore (maybe just the odd jam with mates etc) so for at home use with a couple of OD's and the built in FX, seems like a good deal. All the reviews have been good but I want to hear from a non paid reviewer lol

Cheers in advance.

I have one. I was a long time user of the GT10, and always though the modulation and time based effects were great. The MS3 has all those effects built in, along with some new ones. The quality is the same. Might even sound a little better to my ears!
The form factor is awesome. Im using it in conjunction with an RJM mini amp gizmo into my XTC. Getting rid of that monstrous footswitch. So far I love it!

flimz":228bbf9i said:
I have one. I was a long time user of the GT10, and always though the modulation and time based effects were great. The MS3 has all those effects built in, along with some new ones. The quality is the same. Might even sound a little better to my ears!
The form factor is awesome. Im using it in conjunction with an RJM mini amp gizmo into my XTC. Getting rid of that monstrous footswitch. So far I love it!

Awesome, thanks for the reply!

Back