Jacob Deraps soundchecking with Toto

MrDowntown

Someone put up a thread, or two, on this kid covering EVH, and showing off his Germino a whilst back. Well here's another, but not EVH this time...

I subscribe to his YT channel, as some of you probably do so you may have seen this already. Pretty friggin' awesome though...getting to soundcheck with Toto... https://youtu.be/4_J7y3-BrtI

Never heard any Toto song except for I BLESS THE RAINS DOWN IN AFRRIIIIIICCCAAAAAA. But that's pretty awesome lol

MrDowntown":23e28brw said:
Someone put up a thread, or two, on this kid covering EVH, and showing off his Germino a whilst back. Well here's another, but not EVH this time...

I subscribe to his YT channel, as some of you probably do so you may have seen this already. Pretty friggin' awesome though...getting to soundcheck with Toto... https://youtu.be/4_J7y3-BrtI

I totally forgot how awesome that song is.

i had "forgotten it" as well...sorta, in that i don't think of it :LOL: :LOL: . Anyway, that drum start is f'n awesome...gets me "moving" :LOL: :LOL:

The kid drumming on that video is the kid that has been doing some video covers with him Josh Gallagher (sp), I believe.

Let's heap praise on a punk who learned a Toto tune, plays it like a good parrot, and Lukather thanks him because he's too lazy to do his own soundcheck. Does this punk have any of his own style, or is he just a parrot?

mrcak":1xuxm9he said:
Let's heap praise on a punk who learned a Toto tune, plays it like a good parrot, and Lukather thanks him because he's too lazy to do his own soundcheck. Does this punk have any of his own style, or is he just a parrot?

You must be fun at parties

I was just watching Toto in concert last night. Luke was one of the masters of the '80s LA Studio tone. Him and Landau with the 3+SE preamp. Great tone.

No comment on the kid. :LOL: :LOL: :D

Give it up for a young guy that digs the music that we grew up on.....cannot hate that. Most kids today listen to garbage.

FourT6and2":1q5s2iuz said:
mrcak":1q5s2iuz said:

FourT6and2":1cg8c473 said:
mrcak":1cg8c473 said:

Right? Jesus......

Findthetone1":3uc58ukc said:
FourT6and2":3uc58ukc said:
mrcak":3uc58ukc said:

Right? Jesus......

My opinion is so out there, right? While you guys pull your pants off to parrot clips like this. Copying shit is a means to an end. I notice on YT and the net this practice is praised, as if it's something special to copy something someone else created. It's harder to have your own style, IMO. Luke's BLACK Hair Coloring probably was still drying, so he let this punk fag soundcheck for him.

His lead was flat & he was heavy on the trem bar but not bad.

I was a mechanic in 1982' when that song was in the top 10 my boss kept it on "hit radio" and they played "Rosanna" about 40 times a day, didn't care too much for it at the time.

But im a big ToTo fan none the less, I have "Toto radio" on Pandora.

Luke ages like a fine wine.

Id be more impressed if that kid could pull off some Andy McKee but IDK anybody that can.

Damn, why are people so hateful and hell-bent on criticizing and finding flaws? He catches flack when he covers a song because he's a "parrot" and, seemingly, a "fag". Christ... I'd be willing to bet you'd also criticize him for playing an original because you wouldn't have anything to compare it to. I'd also be willing to bet that he couldn't care less about the opinion of someone who trolls the Interwebz named mrcak.

The kid can flat out play. He looks like he's having a blast when he does it. His obvious love of music is infectious. He's on stage with SL and Toto. I think it's clear who's winning... ;)

IndyWS6":jcunx5sw said:
Damn, why are people so hateful and hell-bent on criticizing and finding flaws? He catches flack when he covers a song because he's a "parrot" and, seemingly, a "fag". Christ... I'd be willing to bet you'd also criticize him for playing an original because you wouldn't have anything to compare it to. I'd also be willing to bet that he couldn't care less about the opinion of someone who trolls the Interwebz named mrcak.

The kid can flat out play. He looks like he's having a blast when he does it. His obvious love of music is infectious. He's on stage with SL and Toto. I think it's clear who's winning... ;)

Certainly not you. The kid can flat out parrot a few tunes. Losers like you celebrate this as some major accomplishment. Doesn't say much for you, does it? He's not playing anything original, is he?
Asshole :LOL: :LOL:

I don't understand the hate either, but apparently playing on stage with SL/Toto (albeit, only a soundcheck) is very common place, and no big deal at all. WTF do i know...I thought it was pretty cool (flat solo et all)

Here is some original stuff he's apparently working on....

MrDowntown":jooghtyo said:
I don't understand the hate either, but apparently playing on stage with SL/Toto (albeit, only a soundcheck) is very common place, and no big deal at all. WTF do i know...I thought it was pretty cool (flat solo et all)

Here is some original stuff he's apparently working on....

Real original. Jam in A. :LOL: :LOL: In his bedroom. Man, some of you RT guys are beyond pathetic.

ed_Sped2":zaqcx0al said:
mrcak":zaqcx0al said:
Real original. Jam in A. :LOL: :LOL: In his bedroom. Man, some of you RT guys are beyond pathetic.

Oh the irony.....

No irony at all, shitass. I'm a hobbyist player. Always have been. I don't post parrot solos for dipshits like you to swoon over like a bitch.

@ :50 seconds Luke walks over to the Bogner & turns him down. Dude looks at Luke like ..........

giphy.gif

Back