How long are your ernie ball colbalt strings lasting you?

I dug the 'effect' they advertised for the strings, but I only got slightly longer life than the cheapies. I recently put a pair of the NYXL's on both my main axes, and really dig them. I need to get better about wiping the strings down when I'm done with a set/night of songs, but they seem to really be retaining their spank after a few weeks. I wanted to try the Paradigm strings instead, but the string website I use had a deal for a free headstock tuner on the NYXL's and I couldnt resist.

I did put the acoustic Paradigms on and really dig those as well...so can't wait to try them on my electrics.

Dude, my Cobalts last a long time. I had a pair on for six months and they still sounded fine and not dull at all. That was on my main guitar that I was using at jam practice twice a week along with playing it at home. I have yet to break one. I'm using 10-52 tuned to drop C or B.

I've yet to break one either. I haven't really kept track of how long they last vs. regular strings, but I like their feel so I stick with them.

Tronald Dump":1bfhp9d3 said:
I've yet to break one either. I haven't really kept track of how long they last vs. regular strings, but I like their feel so I stick with them.

When I change strings, I put a small piece of the blue painters tape on the back of my guitar and write down the date, gauge and brand i put on. Just something I started doing a few years ago to keep track.

Back