Damn it! I Hate Friedman Cabs!

SavageRiffer

Banned
I went to Guitar Center and saw a Dirty Shirley 1x12 cab on clearance. Since I haven't had a chance to really check out a Creamback, I played it for a while. Wow! Great projection for a small 1x12. Real nice speaker. Anyway, I get it home and notice the jack is a bit loose and no ohm rating was written anywhere, so I unscrewed everything including the jack plate so I could pull off the back from there.

FUCK! It must be glued on. I engineered a little wooden dowel device with a cable tied to it so I could stick it inside the jack hole and pull on the cable. FUCK! That fucking thing is glued on. I'm not a weak dude, so I struggled with that fucking thing and fuck, it won't come off! Screw this stupid little cab. It sounds great but the hell if anyone can open the cab up. Maybe if I use a hair dryer to loosen up the glue it might come off, but then again, I don't want the tolex to start peeling. Frustrating.

I had the same problem with my 2x12 - literally had to rip the rear panel off. There was excess glue in the rear door recess. Lean into it, it will come apart.

Loudness250":fzw1czi1 said:
I would have tightened it back up and then measured the ohms.

Or just check the specs on the website... Is the glue their special sauce that makes their cabs sound good or something? Great sounding cabs but if they are glued shut that just sucks.

-yeah, that's the new, updated, HBEG-(Hairy Brown Eye Glue)-had to send my cab back to Dave to get it, sounds much better...

sg guy":23v2vb10 said:
-yeah, that's the new, updated, HBEG-(Hairy Brown Eye Glue)-had to send my cab back to Dave to get it, sounds much better...

:LOL: :LOL:

I wonder if Dave can mod non friedman cabs with that hairy brown eye glue lol

You sound,Like a dumbass. Personally don't own a Friedman product that Chartveldan endorses. You deserve what you get if you follow his lead. If he supports it you Know it must be total shit. Would never buy their products without a complete rejection of him as an endorser.

Hardvalve":38wohm88 said:
You sound,Like a dumbass. Personally don't own a Friedman product that Chartveldan endorses. You deserve what you get if you follow his lead. If he supports it you Know it must be total shit. Would never buy their products without a complete rejection of him as an endorser.

I have 2... One Creamback and the other a V30 both 16 ohms ... Best two cabs I've owned and they cover any situation never needed two take the back plates off though

I tied a cable around a wooden dowel, inserted it into the jack plate hole, and yanked the fucker several more times when it finally came off. I put some Armorall around the edges so it won't try to stick again. Then I was able to tighten the jack. Fucking cab it outstanding. The Creamback is an incredible speaker, maybe even better than a V30.

SavageRiffer":219ri1ei said:
I tied a cable around a wooden dowel, inserted it into the jack plate hole, and yanked the fucker several more times when it finally came off. I put some Armorall around the edges so it won't try to stick again. Then I was able to tighten the jack. Fucking cab it outstanding. The Creamback is an incredible speaker, maybe even better than a V30.

How many ohms was it?

Of course anyone can look on the Internet, but I really just needed to tighten the jack. Even after tightening it, it's still a bit loose.

SavageRiffer":4px0n3pf said:
The Creamback is an incredible speaker, maybe even better than a V30.

You should try a combination. I had a 2x12 Dr. Z Z-Best cab with one of each, and that thing was the best sounding cab I ever heard. Sounded good with every head I ran through it. I would have owned it forever if I didn't reluctantly switch to Axe thanks to volume restrictions.

errrrrl":1b0016o9 said:
Loudness250":1b0016o9 said:
I would have tightened it back up and then measured the ohms.

Or just check the specs on the website... Is the glue their special sauce that makes their cabs sound good or something? Great sounding cabs but if they are glued shut that just sucks.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

xzacx":24qjzy14 said:
SavageRiffer":24qjzy14 said:
The Creamback is an incredible speaker, maybe even better than a V30.

You should try a combination. I had a 2x12 Dr. Z Z-Best cab with one of each, and that thing was the best sounding cab I ever heard. Sounded good with every head I ran through it. I would have owned it forever if I didn't reluctantly switch to Axe thanks to volume restrictions.

Now that I've conquered the cab, I'm very much enjoying it. Funny you mention because I was just shopping around for a Dr.Z 2x12 online. I have another 1x12, but want to put replace the Celestion Gold with a V30 in it, then use the Celestion Gold and pair it up with a 75w Weber Silver Bell in a 2x12. If I do that then I'll have one 1x12 with a Creamback and the other with a V30, then the 2x12. Why on Earth I'd need 3 cabs, I don't know, but I can't help myself :m17:

Back