How am I just now discovering Ian Thornley????

threemounts_1

I can't believe I've not followed/heard of him before.

Sad part is I was a fan of his side project to Big Wreck, Thornley. Granted the guitar chops on those albums aren't very evident as it's more just heavy rock... but listening to Big Wreck these days I'm blown away.

Ghosts is some of the best strat-y solo stuff i've ever heard. He's got a vibrato that rivals Trucks on slide which baffles me....

Ian is incredible, not just an amazing guitarist but an incredible singer and songwriter. Love Big Wreck. I only found out about them about 4 years ago. To me the Ghost album is a masterpiece from beginning to end. I love they keep pushing and changing each record.

Jason

Ian is incredible. He's a great guitar player, singer, songwriter AND seems like a really down to earth guy.

Just pick one! You don't get to be great at everything! :LOL: :LOL:

I understand that Big Wreck is pretty big in Canada but I have yet to hear a single track on US radio. What a shame, so many missing out on some absolutely great music! :cry:

Big Wreck! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Oh man, he's legendary up here in Canuckland. I've seen him live countless times over the years in all his incarnations (Big Wreck, Thornely, Ian Thornley, Ian Fletcher Thornley) all mostly in small clubs and 3000 max theatres.
Tone for days, and sheer virtuosity when playing live.

Here are a few pics from a Big Wreck show just a couple months back..

Back