NCD and NSD

skoora

Got a 2x12 Avatar and some speakers to shuffle things around. Got Alnico's for the Avatar, their A25 and a Celestion Blue and got a 75 Creamback and the Fane F70 t try in a 4x12. So far, so good.

The 4x12 had 3 greenies and a Classic Lead 80 before. Kept one of the Greenies in there.

Congrats! Cool rigs. But it looks like the speakers in the 4x12 are sitting on top of the brace? Am I seeing it wrong?

Racerxrated":2bnjzcdn said:
Congrats! Cool rigs. But it looks like the speakers in the 4x12 are sitting on top of the brace? Am I seeing it wrong?

I'll have to investigate it when I get home. I remember the speakers being flush with the baffle when I changed them out. The Brace wasn't elevating those corners. Possibly the baffle is recessed there for it. I'll pop it open tonight and double check it.

I liked in the vids I've seen how the F70 had a pronounced mid voice without being too bright. Thought it might be a good mix with celestions. I never liked the G12H30 anniversary but figured I'd give one another go. Had a few in the closet un-used. The efficiency on some of these speakers must be pretty high because this cab is now fairly louder than my EVH cab.

Back