DOD Boneshaker

Love it on my SOundgear 5 Bass!
Hate it on my Epi Thunderbird bass
It's ok for some guitars
I wouldn't pay full price, but it's a cool thing to have in the arsenal

Is good for that price. They have been blowing them out.

Is a solid pedal, nice build and it covers a very wide range TBH.

Stacks well with other pedals and can sound ok on its own but I didn't really like it for my main distortion. Can get pretty doomy I guess and can definitely sound like shit with certain settings.

But again it does stack very well and is a good pedal. I got one and am keeping it for fun.

Worth $50 imo.

Edit: Havent tried it with a bass and it will never be a "main" pedal for me but I still like it.

Does it get fuzzy like a Rat ?

Confliction in what I have read. Some say it gets close to a Muff. Others say no fuzz.

stephen sawall":246c61d9 said:
Does it get fuzzy like a Rat ?

Confliction in what I have read. Some say it gets close to a Muff. Others say no fuzz.

Hmm idk..Don't take my word on in because I'm not a fuzz guy and I have never owned a fuzz.

I have watched videos and I would say yes it can get like a fuzz but it is very thick and probably not the same as a Rat. It kind of does its own thing.

Take that with a grain of salt and watch some videos is the best thing I can say.

If you are looking for a Muff or Rat clone I would not get the DOD for that.

I have Muff and Rat pedals. Personally I find videos and clips pretty useless to check out gear. They never sound like the gear in the room.

Had it a few days now. The EQ is nice for distortion. Gets about a as fuzzy as a Rat if you max out the EQ levels. I really like it as à overdrive with a crunchy amp. Nice for adding some hair and grit to a amp with smooth overdrive.

Back