I Just Got Fucked By Paypal AND Reverb Big Time UPDATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I voiced my concern (in direct relation to SR's experience, even pointing them to threads here on the forum) as a seller on Reverb, contacting their support team, and this was the reply I received:

Hi Dooredge,

Clare with Reverb here. Thanks for reaching out to discuss your concerns. Since you use Direct Checkout as a seller you do have full Reverb Protection on your sales as a seller. You can read more about this below:

Reverb.com | Reverb Seller Protection

Some of our sellers have chosen to still use Paypal, which unfortunately does create limitations on what we can do for a buyer and a seller alike as Paypal has to get involved in issues with disputes. When you use Paypal you do not have the same Protection as a seller who uses Direct Checkout because Paypal ultimately has the final say.

Since you are using Direct Checkout, though, even if a buyer pays using Paypal, you are still protected with us and with Direct Checkout we are able to provide in-depth support for you as a seller.

Hope this was helpful, and thanks for reaching out. If you have any other questions, feel free to reply to this e-mail or call us at 1-888-726-2728.

Thanks!

Best,

Clare

dooredge":2pgg6trl said:
I voiced my concern (in direct relation to SR's experience, even pointing them to threads here on the forum) as a seller on Reverb, contacting their support team, and this was the reply I received:

Hi Dooredge,

Clare with Reverb here. Thanks for reaching out to discuss your concerns. Since you use Direct Checkout as a seller you do have full Reverb Protection on your sales as a seller. You can read more about this below:

Reverb.com | Reverb Seller Protection

Some of our sellers have chosen to still use Paypal, which unfortunately does create limitations on what we can do for a buyer and a seller alike as Paypal has to get involved in issues with disputes. When you use Paypal you do not have the same Protection as a seller who uses Direct Checkout because Paypal ultimately has the final say.

Since you are using Direct Checkout, though, even if a buyer pays using Paypal, you are still protected with us and with Direct Checkout we are able to provide in-depth support for you as a seller.

Hope this was helpful, and thanks for reaching out. If you have any other questions, feel free to reply to this e-mail or call us at 1-888-726-2728.

Thanks!

Best,

Clare

Yeah, I received a similar reply. Then I responded to it and nothing. Days will go by and they'll send me some stupid message asking me for things, sounding like they didn't even read past the first line. They more days will go by and we'll get nowhere. Meanwhile, the bastard will have gotten away with it and I'll be screwed.

I suspect Reverb are pretty much locked out due to the draconian policies of PayPal.....who always side with the Buyer.

I'd pick up a phone. Reverb has always been more receptive on the phone. I skip using email when it's to to this point. Call them.

he basically could ship back a box with a few rocks in it and still get his money back.

paypal is so fucked. that is so messed up. sorry dude.

napalmdeath":3owisx5n said:
I'd pick up a phone. Reverb has always been more receptive on the phone. I skip using email when it's to to this point. Call them.

Agreed, talking to a live body would better serve OP at this point.

The very least, Reverb needs to ban Prick Kavian from buying/selling on their site.

dooredge":354rp6ec said:
napalmdeath":354rp6ec said:

Agreed, talking to a live body would better serve OP at this point.

The very least, Reverb needs to ban Prick Kavian from buying/selling on their site.

What's the point? If I call them they'll still need to review the case, then they won't tell me anything anyway until they make a decision. I already know they aren't going to do shit for me. People like Kamran Kavian get away with this stuff because they know that places like Paypal, Reverb, eBay, all work that way.

End of the day, i don't know if talking to them over the phone will help or change things for you but, just my opinion...it's too easy for folks to not give a shit when everything is in an email.

I do hope this ends well for you man! And there are some really solid folks on this forum...i must say! :thumbsup:

Shit, I may have to eat my words. Reverb actually called me just a min ago. I don't know if they'll do anything for me, but they're pretty much my only hope of not getting screwed out of my money here.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: stop sending emails. Not directed at the OP, just in general for these type of situations. When things like this happen, the only possible recourse for you is to keep documentation of every conversation you have in writing to forward, then call Reverb and/or PayPal. If all you're doing is sending emails and this guy is calling in to explain his side, you will lose 157% of the time.

Call them. Call them daily. Explain each time you're just concerned and you're trying to ensure they have everything they need and cooperate with them.

Side note - I wish Reverb had the option to block users like eBay does. Then everyone could block this joker moving forward.

I've had good luck with reverb even in dispute resolution. I'll continue to sell there but as a result of this thread/experience from SR I have changed my store to only accept reverb direct checkout and keep paypal out of it. From where I sit and based on my past experiences, reverb is pretty good, but when paypal gets involved then hands are tied.

It sucks that PayPal isn't responding, but in the four disputes/claims I've had over the last 13 years I've always called in and talked to a rep at PayPal. I find that usually is more effective than the email/dispute comment process.

SR, I'd encourage you to do that, and feel free to reference my account and name with them for anything I can do to help. Since I have had to help in previous disputes with Cam/Kam/Royal Brit, I should think that would help.

As for Reverb, I don't use them, so I'm no good there, but if I did, I would. But please, call PayPal to talk to someone, I think it's the best way to get this resolved, or start your appeal.

As an Ebayer buyer ive had 100% feedback for 11 years.

Ive had a few issues with sellers but when i call Paypal they have always bent over backwards for me.

I buy about 130 items a year.

Ive bought a few things off Reverb with no problems.

CL ive bought & sold about 15 things, always try to get someone on the phone and can usually tell right off if they're full of shit or not. ;)

I bought a JMP 2203 from John Pace off either here or the old Harmony Central and it went off without a hitch but i had never done it before and was skeptical.

John is an excellent seller. :thumbsup:

This is just crazy. It's enough for me to say screw it. I'm cancelling my paypal and reverb store. I don't even want to deal with this drama at all. I will buy and sell in person from here on out.

cecilbag":3r9m4f3c said:
This is just crazy. It's enough for me to say screw it. I'm cancelling my paypal and reverb store. I don't even want to deal with this drama at all. I will buy and sell in person from here on out.

this sucks. I quit paypal a while ago. they are horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back