I Just Got Fucked By Paypal AND Reverb Big Time UPDATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavageRiffer

Banned
"Status:
We contacted the buyer and let them know that you would agree to process a full refund if they return the merchandise to you in its original condition.

The buyer will ship the item to this address:
[address omitted]

The buyer is required to provide tracking information confirming that they shipped the merchandise to you by Jul 4, 2017. If we don't receive this information, the claim will be closed and a refund will not be issued.
"

Now I the shipping comes out of my pocket and they let the damned son of a bitch keep the amp until July 4th. This is an outrage. What flagrant support for a fraud who even used 3 different aliases in this single transaction. I provided many articles of evidence and the buyer didn't provided not one piece of evidence, and this is the result. Also note that they said that I agreed to it and I never once agreed to that at all. That is a lie by Paypal.

Reverb.com didn't lift a finger to do shit about it. I contacted them before the buyer even took delivery of the amp and warned them that he was up to no good. I sent them repeated messages and even contacted them on chat a couple of times. All they did was say they'd get back to me, but not a single fucking response. For two weeks I tried to get them to look into it, but they totally ignored me. They let this fraudulent piece of shit get away with everything and didn't lift a finger to stop it.

SELLER BEWARE: REVERB.COM DOES NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THEIR SELLERS. THEY WILL NOT PROTECT YOU EVEN FROM FRAUDULENT BUYERS.

By the way, beware of anyone with the following aliases:

Kamran Kavian
Jakeem Johnson Kavian
Lanz Kavian

Nothing angers me more personally than this.
All a guy has here is his word to go by.
When some cock sucker wants to pull a stunt and 'get over' on another guy that tosses cash his way well that is it!! :gethim:
I hope this resolves out man. And I would smear his fucking name thru the mud.
User name.... real name...... you got it. :D

Really hope this ends out ok for you my bud.

How will they attempt to confirm you received it in the "original" condition? What does that even mean when he's claiming it's broken?

cardinal":2o3tbgo9 said:
How will they attempt to confirm you received it in the "original" condition? What does that even mean when he's claiming it's broken?

It's all bullshit because they don't. Once shipping has been marked at sent, they issue the refund and close the case. You have to file an appeal. This happened to me once before with a Bogner Goldfinger. The guy returned it without the footswitch and Paypal told replied saying it arrived in original condition and then shut me out from any communications about it afterwards.

The Buyer doesnt even have to split shipping fees ? Damn. If any other shady piece of $#iT out there wants to try out Amps for free I guess this is how to do it, all on the sellers dime.

It Probably wont make much difference Savage But when you get the amp back make a Video opening the package up right from being delivered if possible, This dude sounds like the type of scum that'll Return the box with bricks or Drywall.

Edit: Actually it might be better to have it routed to the nearest UPS or FED Ex site and open the box up on site so they can document the condition or contents.

spliffsperlunk":371tai5g said:
The Buyer doesnt even have to split shipping fees ? Damn. If any other shady piece of $#iT out there wants to try out Amps for free I guess this is how to do it, all on the sellers dime.

It Probably wont make much difference Savage But when you get the amp back make a Video opening the package up right from being delivered if possible, This dude sounds like the type of scum that'll Return the box with bricks or Drywall.

Edit: Actually it might be better to have it routed to the nearest UPS or FED Ex site and open the box up on site so they can document the condition or contents.

I always pick up from a FedEx location or UPS store. I'm going to inspect it before I accept delivery.

Unfortunately it's basically inevitable once you do enough deals. We personally have someone phone buyers before shipping to make sure they are legit. :/

For our other companies selling smaller cheap products where that's not economically possible, we just eat the fraudulent purchases. Sucks but there's unfortunately basically nothing you can do.

Maybe you can report the guy to the FBI's ICE. I don't think they would really care.

That sucks, sorry man.

This kind of shit is why I only unload gear locally. I do not sell anything via reverb, eBay, etc.

Man, this sucks so bad, feel for you....fuckin' dude needs a boot in the ass. I've had good luck selling here because there's good peeps in our community, will think twice before selling anything expensive on Reverb. Hoping at the very least it gets to you in the shape it's supposed to.

BTW, post his Reverb store page if you would, to warn our community about dealing with that knob gobbler.

Sorry man. :thumbsdown: I've been fucked by PayPal and Reverb as well. As a buyer.

Buyer protection my fucking ass.

What a disgrace.

I once was shafted as a buyer by a fraudulent seller, but for a $15 SD card on Ebay.
This seller spoke French, had a Chinese name, but an address listed in London UK.
The Sandisk card arrives (with no embossed logo) and after trying it once in my camera it stopped working.
I have been in constant contact with Paypal, also pointing out sudden bursts of negative feedback on his ebay account, which he promptly cancelled; quite a give-away.
And then Paypal gave me the only option : 'send it back registered/signed for' which could cost me $21!
So this fraud never once responded in the Paypal dispute, sent me a fake card, got tons of negative feedback in a matter of days, closed his Ebay account when the shit was hitting the fan and they basically still sided with the seller?!

Oh and this Scott Brignell guy from Canada who never sent me a vintage MXR Micro Chorus... shady excuse about a torn address and a promise to resend it right before the chance to send a Paypal claim expired (this was when it was still only 45 days). Total douchenozzle.

This is his name and some aliases I've found:

Kamran B Kavian
Kamron Kavian
Kamran Karian
Jackeem Johnson Kavian
Hakeem Johnson Kavian
Lanz Kavian
Royal Brit Music
Livity LLC (some kind of fake real estate firm I think)
He may also have something to do with a firm called Santa Fe Crossroads LLC
Lalezar LLC (some fraudulent company in Nevada apparently)
Lunar International LLC

From what I've heard, he operates out of Brentwood, Los Angeles, and Santa Monica California. None of these might even be his real name. He seem to know how to cover his tracks.

If there's anyone here living in the Los Angeles area who has information that can help me catch the crook, please contact me.

Someone asked this in your original thread. What is his modus operandi? Does he intend to fake shipping your amp back to you and keep your Helios?

I also don't understand how they can issue a refund before you ever get the amp back, but according to you and some others that is what is taking place. I guess it is inevitable eventually people figure out how to scam the systems, hell look at the state of Illinois and California.

I am sorry with all the information you were armed with they reached such a shitty decision. Then you hear of buyers not receiving their items on time or not at all and the buyers going through hell to get things resolved with a delinquent seller. Bad all around :thumbsdown:

Everyone has different personalities. I'm the type of person that gets so mad about stuff like this that when it happens to me, I worry what I'm capable of as far as annoying someone so bad that they give up on ever selling again. I'm one of those people that gets pissed when I see someone run a stop sign.

I would research the crap out of this guy and would even think about traveling to his location. Not in a threatening way but showing up at his door and saying "Hi, I would like my amp back" and politely breaking down the whole transaction with paperwork. Another route is to politely tell the person I am contacting the police, FBI, etc. until I figure out how to get my gear back. You stole from me.

Maybe I'm a jerk about stuff like that but I have worked my backside off for years in an office and all I want is to have my guitar gear. This stuff is infuriating.

harddriver":pr7yfvuy said:
Someone asked this in your original thread. What is his modus operandi? Does he intend to fake shipping your amp back to you and keep your Helios?

I also don't understand how they can issue a refund before you ever get the amp back, but according to you and some others that is what is taking place. I guess it is inevitable eventually people figure out how to scam the systems, hell look at the state of Illinois and California.

I am sorry with all the information you were armed with they reached such a shitty decision. Then you hear of buyers not receiving their items on time or not at all and the buyers going through hell to get things resolved with a delinquent seller. Bad all around :thumbsdown:
Paypal won't refund this POS until it arrives back to the OP, but they will negative balance his paypal acct. Unless they've changed things; I haven't had a PP act in a few yrs now.
OP, I'd seriously close your bank account and start a new one with a different bank. Pain in the ass I know, but it will be worth it in the end, at least guaranteeing you controlling your funds while waiting for this amp to arrive. I know you have to contact a bunch of vendors you have that debit your account for various bills and such, but it will be worth it. Your credit cards that are attached to PP HAVE to follow your direction regarding possible fraud, so PP can't touch them. Just your bank right? Take the time to do it. You'll feel much better.

He apparently has something to do with a company called Lalezar LLC which had it's business license permanently revoked in Nevada. I don't know exactly what the connection is, but the Los Angeles address he used for Paypal is connected to that company and not his own residence.

What was the name of his shop on Reverb? I doubt it will matter but I'd like to send Reverb a note saying that me and many others are aware of this and watching it closely. And thus far extremely disappointed (being kind) with Reverb. Then I can pull the 4-5 items I have for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back