Wall of Thall - Nad (Fryette and video inside)

kylendm

IMAG00632.jpg

Finally did it. I took the plunge and got myself a Sig:X. I've wanted this amp ever since I've had my Baron. I actually had to choose between the two when I was buying the Baron so it's crazy actually owning both at this point.

They are both totally different amps though. The Baron K88 is super saturated, full, easy to play, super adjustable, and has an insane overdrive channel. The Sig is totally different. It's much tighter and responsive, but also very tweakable with all the different settings. I won't go into it too much since clips are always better than words when it comes to what the thing sounds like.

No pedals or post processing used in this demo. This is probably the only amp I've ever used that I feel doesn't need a OD infront. It's crazy.

If anyone wants to hear any settings, channels, or how it comes to the other amps let me know!

right on Kyle! It's always awesome to land a great amp after years of daydreaming. If you make clips I'd be interested in hearing the Baron a/b next to it.

crankyrayhanky":19m0y6c7 said:
right on Kyle! It's always awesome to land a great amp after years of daydreaming. If you make clips I'd be interested in hearing the Baron a/b next to it.
For sure! I'll try and get something out tomorrow. I'm curious as well.
311splawndude":19m0y6c7 said:
Congrats Kyle :cheers:

Love to be at your house some time :D

Don't forget to update your sig.

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
:) :) :)
:) :) :)
Thanks man! And definitely! Time to get rid of that Madison out of my sig too. I literally threw it in the trash today. :LOL: :LOL:

Side note, I have another secret rig to the left of it. I'm just waiting for one more thing to come in and it'll probably be what I use live.

I'm uploading another video comparing the Fryette, Baron, and the Ktre. It came out pretty interesting. I think a lot of people will be surprised by what they hear.

Here it is

I know this is about the Fryette but man the Baron just sounds evil in the high gain clips. :thumbsup:
The Rivera is surprising too. Once you get an OD in front of that thing it screams.

Sig X is the amp I use the most for years.... Congratulations. I use the Rhythm channel 90% of the time.

Have you used it with K85 ? I'm using it with K85 in my curreñt band.

Awesome amps! Congrats! I'd love to try a Fryette SigX. I've never had a chance to play one. It sounds vicious!

kylendm":2cgbjqby said:
IMAG00632.jpg

Finally did it. I took the plunge and got myself a Sig:X. I've wanted this amp ever since I've had my Baron. I actually had to choose between the two when I was buying the Baron so it's crazy actually owning both at this point.

They are both totally different amps though. The Baron K88 is super saturated, full, easy to play, super adjustable, and has an insane overdrive channel. The Sig is totally different. It's much tighter and responsive, but also very tweakable with all the different settings. I won't go into it too much since clips are always better than words when it comes to what the thing sounds like.

No pedals or post processing used in this demo. This is probably the only amp I've ever used that I feel doesn't need a OD infront. It's crazy.

If anyone wants to hear any settings, channels, or how it comes to the other amps let me know!

Sounds good there Jersey boy! I grew up on the other side of the river from ya :D Used to drive across the bridge to buy beer at Roger Wilco. Not sure if they still do, but we drove over there because you only had to be 18 to buy beer back then.

The Fryette stuff has been on my radar for a LONG time. I've almost pulled the trigger on a couple Sig X amps that have popped up in the recent past. I'm definitely gonna pick up a Fryette in the future.

Not that I'm opposed to using one at all, but it is cool when you get an amp that doesn't need an OD clean boosting the front end :thumbsup:

-My Savage 120 is that way; just absolutely perfect in terms of tightness and attack plugged straight in.
-The KSR Ares I picked up recently sounds really good without one, but takes my TS9 really really well and is pure hell on earth clean boosted.
-The FB100 I have (for sale buy the way; shameless plug :) ) sounds pretty tight unboosted, but needs a little more volume then the others. With the right cab/speakers, its an absolute raging beast when clean boosted.
-The Herbert I had absolutely needed an OD clean boosting the front end for my taste, but to be fair I only ever played it at ear splitting volumes and never made to ear bleeding levels, so maybe at really high volume it tightened up.
-Both the 5153 amps I owned, the 50w and 100w, needed an OD clean boosting for my tastes. Still didn't like those amps enough to keep them longer than a few months.
-The Blackmore I owned did ok without an OD, but sounded good with one.
-The Peavey Triple X2 absolutely needed a clean boost out front.

Oh yeah, we still have Roger Wilcos haha and they look like they haven't changed in years.
You should definitely pick up a Fryette sometime for something different. There's a Sig:X for trade on the classifieds now so maybe jump on that!
And that's come good info. I always try a boost on any amp I get. Even the Sig takes a boost well but it just doesn't necessarily need it.
Thanks!

Back