_____))((

yeah I got one a month or so ago and at first I was pretty underwhelmed. But slowly but surely I have tweaked away at it and now I just love it. It won't knock my EVH off its #1 position (although honestly in the last 2 weeks I have barely turned the EVH on) but man I would happily use it in any pretty much any situation

Some of the Marshall flavours you can get out of it are fantastic. It is the first solidstate amp I have played where you really have to "balance" the EQing...even small alterations to one of them changes things a lot

Man, you're getting some great tones out of that thing. Are you using the stock amps in it? Killer playing as usual, btw

Hell yes. I used my Katana head while my Friedman was out getting updates. The lead channel with one of the built-in boosts really got me there. I had two months of solid band use and it killed it. The louder it gets, the more oomph and articulate it gets. Just like a real tube amp.

I thought it was OK at best as a practice amp for my DAW and Marshall cab at home, but once i hooked that sucker up to my Friedman cab with H75's in it and cranked it... Holy shit.

I mean... it ain't no Friedman, but it made my time without the Friedman easier for sure.

I did not get along with any of the sneaky amps personally. I like to use the lead channel and base most of my tones and gain stages from there. I despise the brown channel.

I bought the 50 watter as a home "noodling" amp, but was so impressed that I returned it and got the 100w 1x12, which I now use for rehearsals and as a backup for my live rig. That said, I could easily gig with this amp, and likely will for small rooms.
Boss hit one out of the park with this thing...nothing comes close in this price range IMO.

I have had mine for about six weeks, but only have about an hour of play time on it. I have too many other amps and I usually play very loud when I'm home alone (with earplugs in). But I'll take the Katana to band practice this Sat. and see if it cuts through the mix. I bought it mainly as a gig backup amp, as I hate carrying two 100w Marshall heads around.

Loving my 100 watt 112 combo as well as my 100 watt head. I just did a car show benefit outdoors at a ski slope in Upstate N.Y. and used my head with a Hughes & kettner Tm112 cab miced and thru a large PA system. Sounded MONSTEROUS! Best gear buy in awhile.

I want to get one as a gigging backup. It's got to be lighter than any tube head out there and you don't need to keep ito. Standby to stay warm.

Damn there's alot of good tones in there! What do you use to control it in a band situation? Is the footswitch enough or do you need a midi controller?

Sounds good my man!

I love my Katana. right out the box.
Hooked it to a 4x12 and started slamming with my drummer.
Stock pre-sets. Killer!
Floored me how great it was. Only thing I put in mine is a MXR 10 band graphic EQ in the loop. :D

But that goes in EVERY AMP I have! :LOL: :LOL:

I like how dynamic the Amp is in response. Really does play like a tube amp.
Gots a great edgy tone that's really versatile.
Best bang for the buck purchase EVER for me! :rock:
Slave it out to your cabs man. :yes:

I just bought the head about 2 weeks ago and fucking love it. I didn't have high hopes for it initially. The steaming pile of shit Fender mustang series totally ruined anything solid state modeling whatever for me. Until I plugged in to the Katana. I played it about 15 minutes at the shop and took it home that night just to make sure it wasn't some sort of sorcery in the shop making it sound better than it was. Plugged into to my avatar 2x12 and brought money to the shop the next day. Such a cool little unit and pretty versatile. If you have a midi effects unit you can use that to switch the 4 presets. I use my M9 for that as well as a few effects I like. The core sounds on it though are pretty good bang for the buck.

Love mine also! It has been getting more play time than my Axe-FX lately. I just tweaked the sound in the editor to have a tubescreamer boost, and a parametric EQ after the amp. Save the sound, and it sounds good every time I turn it on. If you use the software to add some EQs, you can dial in about anything you want.

MichaelR/T":1ejuqj32 said:
I'm really blown away at how good it sounds with my Strat.
I saved this patch where it sounds like I'm playing through an old Fender Bassman amp. Fuckin' killer response. :thumbsup:

I haven't try slaving it yet but I will with my Marshall 4x12 Greenback cab.
I'm betting it will sound wicked. :thumbsup:

Care to share your settings on that? :D

man... i wish they'd let you throw an effect in the reverb slot

atrox":3q7dlzqq said:
MichaelR/T":3q7dlzqq said:
I'm really blown away at how good it sounds with my Strat.
I saved this patch where it sounds like I'm playing through an old Fender Bassman amp. Fuckin' killer response. :thumbsup:

I haven't try slaving it yet but I will with my Marshall 4x12 Greenback cab.
I'm betting it will sound wicked. :thumbsup:

Care to share your settings on that? :D

man... i wish they'd let you throw an effect in the reverb slot

If you use the KatanaFXFloorboard editor you can use up to 5 effects instead of 3.

Shask":hv2legno said:
Love mine also! It has been getting more play time than my Axe-FX lately. I just tweaked the sound in the editor to have a tubescreamer boost, and a parametric EQ after the amp. Save the sound, and it sounds good every time I turn it on. If you use the software to add some EQs, you can dial in about anything you want.

And once again, like all these years on the forums, you get my G.A,S. going and I end up looking to buy something. :)

That was some pretty impressive tones coming out of that thing! Sounds great.

This is full 80s metal geek but was that one riff you were playing, Ratt's "What You Give Is What You Get"? Sounded just like it.

Hey one last question too. How does the amp handle pedals?

romanianreaper":ibh6ezq6 said:

This is full 80s metal geek but was that one riff you were playing, Ratt's "What You Give Is What You Get"? Sounded just like it.

You can come over and try mine out if you want!! :LOL: :LOL: :thumbsup:

Buckeyedog":1a76wqoh said:
romanianreaper":1a76wqoh said:

You can come over and try mine out if you want!! :LOL: :LOL: :thumbsup:

Oh man, you got one?!! That is awesome man! Which one did you get, the 100 Watter?

Man, I have so much crap I want and can't afford it all. I want a Friedman guitar, maybe the Katana, a Martin acoustic, etc., etc. Son of a.....:)

Slight hijack. How do you sync up the sound with the video? I'd like to buy one of those XLR interfaces for my SM57, but only have an iPhone 7 Plus for video. How to sync?

Back