Jake E. Lee blueburst presale

Chester Nimitz":g2bj46t2 said:
87model4.jpg

Last week a dude on CL was trying to sell a stock 1987' MIJ Charvel Model 4 with a poplar body & maple neck as a "Custom Shop" model asking $3K claiming it was a "collectors item".

I laughed him off the internet. ;)
That very pic you used is from alienation..if you ever check out their listings on eBay they are hugely overpriced. By their logic, my 88 Jackson Strat is worth 3K and a model series is 1k. I paid 1K for my Jackson and model series should be 250-400 bucks at best.

Racerxrated":1tw8e9jb said:
Padre Bonic":1tw8e9jb said:
These are all made in the Custom Shop according to the Charvel rep at Summer NAMM. They are being made according to demand. Most of the Charvel dealers at NAMM only reserved 1 of each and they had to order more due to the demand. They aren't mass producing these and asking Custom Shop prices.
Well there you go. A full on custom shop for that price is decent imo. Shit, I love Charvels but I've seen some monstrosities come up for sale on GC.com used that leave me shaking my head..so to each their own. Whatever floats your boat sinks someone else's...
If it's USA Custom Shop, the price is fine.

Steve

Has anyone played one of these yet? I’m curious if the back of the neck is shaped like my current Charvels or if it has a real different shape like some of the flatter backed necks in the 80’s?

6CA7":19gokf89 said:
Has anyone played one of these yet? I’m curious if the back of the neck is shaped like my current Charvels or if it has a real different shape like some of the flatter backed necks in the 80’s?

I haven't played one but jake says the neck is skinnier than "normal" charvels

I have played one....a buddy bought one. The neck is a little skinnier than any other current Charvel guitars that I have played. It was a smooth and fast feeling neck. Almost effortless to play and absolutely flawless in every way. It’s first guitar that I’ve picked up in a long time that made me believe a top level of quality can be achieved. ...and yes I’ve played a lot of guitars.

sytharnia1560":25t10pco said:
6CA7":25t10pco said:

I haven't played one but jake says the neck is skinnier than "normal" charvels
Forum member 'littleguitars' has one and he loves it. The neck is indeed very thin.

Too pricey for me. I had my Charvel wild card primer scream painted to look like it. Close enough for my Ozzy tribute.
3RE0HHCl.jpg

At least the blueburst ones have an actual brass Chavel hardtail unlike the Whitey sig models just had a steel hardtail at the same high price...WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :no:

When that blue burst was first released last year, it wasn't even on my radar. I have more than enough guitars to keep me happy. Then I made the mistake of trying out the one that was at NAMM in January.

When I told one of the Fender/Charvel reps that I wanted to buy it, he politely suggested that I get one of the blue bursts that was already available at various dealers. But I was adamant about getting THAT one. After doing a bit of research based on the serial number, it seems like it may be one of the early prototypes they made when they were first trying to replicate Jake's original blue burst.

The neck is pretty narrow and flat. Not sure if they're all like that, but mine is considerably more narrow than my other CS Charvels. I love it though, and I haven't been able to put it down since I got it.

As far as pricing goes, it's a top notch custom shop guitar that can be had for considerably less than the advertised price, so I can't say that I'm really feeling the outrage on cost.

sytharnia1560":24e1coqt said:
littleguitars":24e1coqt said:
This just showed up on youtube earlier this month, but it was shot several months ago at winter NAMM. The guitar in this video is the one I ended up with, and Jake gives a pretty good rundown of the specs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-2KHk0ZV6U

Is that one an ebony fretboard? I know the ones he has are ebony but the sig model is rosewood

It does look dark, but it's rosewood.

To answer the OP's question about neck adjustment, you do need to remove the neck in order to get proper access.

A custom shop Charvel for 2700 new is a good price, and a Sig model no less. Look at some of the clowns on Reverb trying to sell their USED Charvel custom shop for 3K or more.
Lol.

$2600 for a Custom Shop Charvel sides on being a bargain. Guarenteed that everyone that thinks it’s too expensive wouldn’t even question this price if it was a Suhr, TA, PRS or CS Gibson.

victim5150":347c2p84 said:
Too pricey for me. I had my Charvel wild card primer scream painted to look like it. Close enough for my Ozzy tribute.
3RE0HHCl.jpg
That looks great, those Wildcards are great Charvels.

Back