Jake E. Lee blueburst presale

I'm sure it's a great guitar, but it's also pretty much everything I hate.

Gold hardware and blue (esp THAT blue)? :bleh:

God bless Jake. But how the hell does a guy like him, who's done exactly one minor tour in the last 20+ years keep an endorsement, and likewise, why does Charvel think people will pay that much? I suppose you have to be over 40 to even know about Jake, and maybe that means you have some disposable cash. But I think even the EVH brand is resting on Ed's laurels of long ago and he was 100x bigger than Jake.

Rick Lee":39fgt1me said:
God bless Jake. But how the hell does a guy like him, who's done exactly one minor tour in the last 20+ years keep an endorsement, and likewise, why does Charvel think people will pay that much? I suppose you have to be over 40 to even know about Jake, and maybe that means you have some disposable cash. But I think even the EVH brand is resting on Ed's laurels of long ago and he was 100x bigger than Jake.

I agree, but what other artist models can charvel really push ? Maybe charvel will come out with a michael charvel or charvel twins model :)

I dig jake and the guitar, but not for that price

I saw the list price. :thumbsdown: But the first Jake model has a similar list price. I paid $1,900 for mine brand new. This is my first Charvel and I think it was worth what I paid. Hopefully what they actually sell for will be a lot less.

I was ready to defend this Charvel model, especially since I grew up seeing that guitar in magazines, etc.........but then I clicked on the link.

That guitar is probably $1000 or so too much. I actually love the color (but I'm in my late 40s so I remember it) but a few reasons this is not a good deal:

- As mentioned, most folks will say "Jake who?"
- High price and doesn't even have a Floyd, which most times results in a higher price
- Has nothing really special that can't be done with a custom shop

A lot of these companies seem like they are behind the reality curve and late to the game. There are so many times people on the forum were begging for signature models of their favorite artists. The problem is that by the time a company finally decides to do it, nobody knows who the hell the person is. They don't stay up to date on trends, etc.

romanianreaper":183bwm0o said:
I was ready to defend this Charvel model, especially since I grew up seeing that guitar in magazines, etc.........but then I clicked on the link.

That guitar is probably $1000 or so too much. I actually love the color (but I'm in my late 40s so I remember it) but a few reasons this is not a good deal:

- As mentioned, most folks will say "Jake who?"
- High price and doesn't even have a Floyd, which most times results in a higher price
- Has nothing really special that can't be done with a custom shop

A lot of these companies seem like they are behind the reality curve and late to the game. There are so many times people on the forum were begging for signature models of their favorite artists. The problem is that by the time a company finally decides to do it, nobody knows who the hell the person is. They don't stay up to date on trends, etc.

That was THE guitar i wanted for many years (and still do). I love the white charvel, randy's polka dot v, randy's lp, etc, but the blue charvel did it for me. I was in love when i saw him play it on the "ultimate ozzy" video. The price, however, is too much. Can buy a great rig for the same price. Sigh

I want a DeMartini Frenchie as bad as anyone, but I'm not paying almost $3k for a guitar will effectively be not much better than the $800 Pro Mods I already have. I have a new Les Paul Standard and Heritage H535 that both cost less and are waaaay more instrument.

Is this considered a custom shop or USA select? If it's a custom then I don't think the price is bad, but if it's a select then its a 1K markup for the artist. Either way that color/layout isn't for me but for a huge Jake fan, I'd understand.

The best decision about Jake E. Lee's "Charvel" is to find some 70's hardtail Fender strat at Ebay and swap it's pickguard for H-S-S one with angled singles. Those strats sometimes cost the half or even the third part of Signature Charvel price and they are the closest to the "Whitey". Or just order the needed hardtail strat body with 24,75" scale neck at Warmoth. No offense to Jake E. Lee though. My favorite guitar player, best of the best and I can't wait to hear from him again and see him live at Helsinki like I already did in 2014.

These are all made in the Custom Shop according to the Charvel rep at Summer NAMM. They are being made according to demand. Most of the Charvel dealers at NAMM only reserved 1 of each and they had to order more due to the demand. They aren't mass producing these and asking Custom Shop prices.

Padre Bonic":uetnsl59 said:
These are all made in the Custom Shop according to the Charvel rep at Summer NAMM. They are being made according to demand. Most of the Charvel dealers at NAMM only reserved 1 of each and they had to order more due to the demand. They aren't mass producing these and asking Custom Shop prices.
Well there you go. A full on custom shop for that price is decent imo. Shit, I love Charvels but I've seen some monstrosities come up for sale on GC.com used that leave me shaking my head..so to each their own. Whatever floats your boat sinks someone else's...

87model4.jpg

Last week a dude on CL was trying to sell a stock 1987' MIJ Charvel Model 4 with a poplar body & maple neck as a "Custom Shop" model asking $3K claiming it was a "collectors item".

I laughed him off the internet. ;)

Back