Ozzy & Zakk is out again!

sg guy":9dxl01cs said:
Chester Nimitz":9dxl01cs said:
Most old Sabbath is tuned to E flat not C#.

-only BLACK SABBATH & PARANOID were tuned to "E"-(and a slightly sharp "E" at that)-all the rest mostly C#

You sure about that? Pretty sure War Pigs is E. Same with Sweet Leaf, Iron Man etc

Never Mind. Lol. I think you were talking about ALBUMS where I thought u were talking about songs. Duh

-the entire PARANOID album is in-(slightly sharp)-standard "E" tuning-

-SWEET LEAF's in C# -(but Iommi would always change things up, not as much as his time signature's, but he would use different tuning's for some song's)-

-try tuning down to C# with 9's, light gauge strings.

-when DIO joined, IOMMI & BUTLER tuned a half step down-(for the most part)-on HEAVEN & HELL and The MOB RULES.

sytharnia1560":3vjgzsb3 said:
CP5150":3vjgzsb3 said:
Whitfield Crane The singer from Ugly Kid Joe. I'm not kidding. He actually wasn't bad.

You are right but it wasn't for ozzy solo .. Whit sang at Black Sabbath rehearsals in 1997 (3 times in birmingham) because Ozzy didn't want to over use his voice before the shows. Whit never sang "back up" at the concerts though but I understand Robert Mason did (on a different tour...ozzy solo band)

Sabbath was not on Ozzfest 98. It was Ozzy solo.

CP5150":3qo17ixr said:
sytharnia1560":3qo17ixr said:
CP5150":3qo17ixr said:
Whitfield Crane The singer from Ugly Kid Joe. I'm not kidding. He actually wasn't bad.

You are right but it wasn't for ozzy solo .. Whit sang at Black Sabbath rehearsals in 1997 (3 times in birmingham) because Ozzy didn't want to over use his voice before the shows. Whit never sang "back up" at the concerts though but I understand Robert Mason did (on a different tour...ozzy solo band)

I saw Sabbath with the original lineup in 98 at Ozzfest. It might've been 99.

CP5150":3gmwav7j said:
sytharnia1560":3gmwav7j said:
CP5150":3gmwav7j said:

I wasn't talking about ozzfest. this is the only thing I have ever heard about Whit backing Ozzy..but if you were there for the ozzfest rehearsal then it clearly happened

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/how-ug ... k-sabbath/

I don't like Mr Crowley tuned down but I'm guessing its to make it easier for Ozzy's vocals.

Randy used E and Eb. The pinstripe Jackson was Eb and he used it for the songs off of Diary..Believer, Flying High etc

Back