If You Thought Fortin Amps Were Expensive...

I'm still watching this bad boy :D

getpubthumb

GOHOINC":2p01h02s said:
That's the josh homme amp, from queens of the stone age. He used them on the like clockwork record and tours. Last time I saw one actually for sale it was like $2300 or so I think... his base tone is usually quite clean.

It seems like he likes to change things up. He was using Echopark amps last year when he was touring with Iggy Pop. I saw QOSTA last week and he used 2x Mosvalve and 2x 70's Peavey...

Candiria":2q65jr2z said:
$1,399.99 a knob...seems a bit excessive.

LOL

hstlaurent":2q65jr2z said:
It looks like the builder is saying "I really don't want to build this thing anymore, but if someone is willing to pay me a huge amount of money for it, I'll do it"

Ha! I've known builders like that before. Either that or maybe his pricing is his way of conveying his superiority over Bogner, Wizard, Friedman, Fortin, etc... Eh, I don't know. I don't want to bash their amps because they might actually be good. However, I can't hear $8399 or even $3899 in what I've heard from it so far. At this point, it sounds like a budget boutique. If there's anything I'd criticize is putting up a ridiculously expensive amp without putting up some video/audio that represents their price point.

godgrinder":2pat40fy said:
GOHOINC":2pat40fy said:
That's the josh homme amp, from queens of the stone age. He used them on the like clockwork record and tours. Last time I saw one actually for sale it was like $2300 or so I think... his base tone is usually quite clean.

It seems like he likes to change things up. He was using Echopark amps last year when he was touring with Iggy Pop. I saw QOSTA last week and he used 2x Mosvalve and 2x 70's Peavey...

From what I know as a fan boi, he used the Tubeworks mos valve stuff in Kyuss and the first QOTSA record. Then he switched to the Ampeg V4 and/or V22 for a long time. Then for Them Crooked Vultures he was using a Tiesco Checkmate 25 and some other lower wattage amps. The Ampegs came back for some QOTSA tours and what not then the Greedtones were on the like clockwork record. His real tones come from him and are helped by his board, a fulltone ultimate octave, a Maestro or Stone Deaf PDF, SIB Echodrive among others. Always has interesting gear imo, especially his fiddles.

I traded for one, and got fucked big time. Paypal sided with Kavian Caveat Emptor. If I ever get my hands on him, he's gonna know he fucked with the wrong guy.

napalmdeath":3s6r3em8 said:
I traded for one, and got fucked big time. Paypal sided with Kavian Caveat Emptor. If I ever get my hands on him, he's gonna know he fucked with the wrong guy.
He's been known to run through the golf course. Beat that ass and send him to Grandma's!!!

napalmdeath":34k2lqo8 said:

God damn... I just spit up some ice tea on myself from laughing so hard... now my coworkers are looking at me like "what the fuck are you doing?" Can't stop laughing lol :LOL: :LOL:

napalmdeath":371d13yc said:

Padre Bonic":1jrreti2 said:
napalmdeath":1jrreti2 said:
He's been known to run through the golf course. Beat that ass and send him to Grandma's!!!

The petty butthurt troll strikes again. It's funny how you go around trolling, stalking, and talking shit, but somehow think you have the place to do so. Whatever shit you talk about me, realize that you're the one trolling and dragging around drama. Your contributions are worth shit, and for the people who read these threads with genuine interests, you hijack it with petty insults. If this is the best you can contribute to the forum, then you're fucking worthless.

SavageRiffer":3oe2hd1i said:
Padre Bonic":3oe2hd1i said:
napalmdeath":3oe2hd1i said:

The petty butthurt troll strikes again. It's funny how you go around trolling, stalking, and talking shit, but somehow think you have the place to do so. Whatever shit you talk about me, realize that you're the one trolling and dragging around drama. Your contributions are worth shit, and for the people who read these threads with genuine interests, you hijack it with petty insults. If this is the best you can contribute to the forum, then you're fucking worthless.

SavageRiffer":295q4zha said:
How predictable the butthurt little troll is.
Ha! No more predictable than the guy who smoked himself out as a former member who was banned for doing the same things you're doing now. Good luck with that internet rage.

There's way too much hostility around here these days. Everyone needs to cool down and go do something positive and productive. Just let things go guys and chill out.

Back