Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp - Metal?!

For all of you who are wondering if this vintage piece of gear is able to handle modern metal tones... of course its subjective and remains as a matter of taste :rock:

This was the first amp I ever really bonded with. Took me seven years to find it. Used it on many, many gigs. Still have it and I won't ever let it go. I've got several great amps these days, some are more versatile, some are masters of their domains, but this one will always be my favorite, period, end of story.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Are you pushing it or boosing it with any pedals? Is that clip the straight preamp?

Just curious because I have one of these and always used either a TS-9 or Boss Distorition pedal for high gain stuff.

By the way it sounds good!

EXPcustom":aygxjuux said:
Are you pushing it or boosing it with any pedals? Is that clip the straight preamp?

Just curious because I have one of these and always used either a TS-9 or Boss Distorition pedal for high gain stuff.

By the way it sounds good!
Thank you!
Yes, I´m boosting the preamp with a Maxon OD808 to increase the gain. You can skip to the 30s mark in the clip for more information about the signal chain.

Back