Chester Bennington committed suicide today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard this. My Daughter asked me to get tickets for their upcoming show this morning and we were talking about Chester.
Very Sad. He had allot of kids.

Damn dude. Not really a fan but he had a pretty killer voice. Depression is real and doesn't give a fuck about money or fame. Really sad to read that.

RIP. I listened to hybrid theory daily when I was in middle school when it came out.
Meteora was also awesome and had at least a song or two from it for all my playlists.
Amazing voice and talented frontman. He will be missed. That's so sad about his 6 kids. Depression is no joke.

Very sad news

Being famous fucks with the mind. That's why most of these celebrities are all on drugs if one form or another. It's a downward spiral from there. It's sad but he is just another statistic of the industry.

vander":3p0ikmzh said:
Sad :(
He was good friends with Chris Cornell...today would have been Cornell's birthday

Yeah, the missis told me that too....I guess it weighed on his mind, who knows,,,,all very sad. :aww:

I actually feel a little guilty, I always made fun of Linkin Park, But this is another big rock star that did this in the last couple months or so! It's crazy sad. I actually saw Kirk Hammett he was in front of me in line at the store. He did a doubletake of my ramones shirt, he looked kind of bummed I'm sure he heard about it.

Fuck.
I suffer from PTSD
Killed 3 guys back about 20 years ago. Shit haunts me till this day.
Trust me. I know depression will follow you. Makes you doubt reality.

godgrinder":3rptyrcy said:

Hate to say it, but I agree with this completely. I have no more respect for him or his music. My god daughter's father (my uncle) killed himself a few years ago, and it's been heartbreaking for years having her grow up without him. She just graduated high school and the whole family flew out to be there for her, and it is STILL a sore subject and many tears shed. I know mental illness is a thing, but not seeking help and killing yourself when you have children is incredibly selfish and cowardly. I really feel for his kids, but that's about it.

vultures":1pzxx413 said:
godgrinder":1pzxx413 said:

Hate to say it, but I agree with this completely. I have no more respect for him or his music. My god daughter's father (my uncle) killed himself a few years ago, and it's been heartbreaking for years having her grow up without him. She just graduated high school and the whole family flew out to be there for her, and it is STILL a sore subject and many tears shed. I know mental illness is a thing, but not seeking help and killing yourself when you have children is incredibly selfish and cowardly. I really feel for his kids, but that's about it.
+100 man...

I actually liked LP.
Never liked Korn, limp whatever and the rest. But I heard melody in LP'S music and the songs were good.

That being said, it's not even one full day in and I've read various things online about his selfishness.
I definitely don't recall this much backlash when Cornell did it.

Just odd to me thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back