Soldano built SLO-100 Effects Level Loop is on the way.

JLB BCM

Moderator, I wasn't sure which page to list this, if it belongs elsewhere, my apologies. I don't post too often to RT. Thanks.

How do,

LB here, Blues City Music owner. I spent 2 days this week with my good friend Mike Soldano. As always we had a fabulous time hanging out and talking amps, cars, and anything else we could think of. I also asked him about an option for the SLO.

The original loop for the SLO which was installed on serial # amps +/- 88100 and forward, has been a studio grade, line level +4db loop located in between the preamp and power section of the amp. I told Mike that many MANY guys were very interested in the SLO but run a host of -10db effects level pedals. Could we do a post master volume loop that is EFFECTS LEVEL. He said, you know I think I can. Do what? I never thought Mikey would go for it, but guys he is in a fabulous mood these days and knows he has customers dying for his amp with the correct loop.

As of right now, Mike is coming up with the design and costs to see how to proceed, but I truly think it is a go. I'll let you guys know what he comes up with, but I've also asked him since it was MY IDEA, that I get an exclusive on it for a while.

You want it, it's coming. SLO-100 with an effects level loop.

NOW, NO MORE COMPLAINING. He's going to try and build it, you guys need to buy it. No need to ask John Suhr whom is Mike's buddy too, to build a loop on the SLO. NO ONE knows this amp better than Mike, plus this will be a factory build not a warranty busting add on from someone else. Contact me via my social media or message me right off my website or cell for any questions or updates as I don't come here all that often. Thanks..

TURN IT UP.

LB
BCM

Ive always ran good delays through the loop and never had a problem. Great he's doing this and its nice he's going to change but I hope the SLO tone doesn't change

Hey that's awesome, a few thinks to consider, have send and return controls, make it switchable on off just my 2 cents

instrument level is the term I'm used to

SLO - great amp, pants loop (with rack fx)

I thought the loop in the SLO was also before the tone stack, not between the preamp and power amp which is where most loops in amps are?

Tone Jones":32py9him said:
I thought the loop in the SLO was also before the tone stack, not between the preamp and power amp which is where most loops in amps are?
Yup, V3 & V4 are both cathode followers. V3 drives the loop, V4 drives the tone stack. Mike swore for years he couldn't do anything about the loop without changing the sound of the amp.
So WTF has changed?

Yes! But please have it be footswichable with level. I have the egnater loop and it's really what this amp needs. It my favorite amp to play live with.

You have to remember, Mike hates cell phones and social media as he would much rather build amps and cars in his shop. It is dead pan quiet there, peaceful, and surreal sometimes. I'm quite envious. Perfect for research, design, and build with zero distractions. Windows are always open, no loud HVAC, and he's on a canal off Puget Sound. Gorgeous.

He doesn't do much online unless necessary, sounds good to me, so he isn't on the leading edge of feedback. The SLO +4db loop is my choice of a loop. I have no desire for an effects level loop, just me, as I only run +4db effects on occasion; however, I know plenty would want a loop like this. He told me at dinner last night, nope, the current loop is between preamp and power section. He's done a post master volume loop with the Hot Rod 25 and everyone digs that one. He already has an effects loop bypass switch between preamp tubes on the top front of the chassis. That will remain the same I'm sure. I have 2 amps with such.

Like I said earlier, Ford doesn't ask Chevy for help designing a car and if I was Mike I'd have no use for John's or Bruce's take on the loop. It's his creation and he's willing to make it happen, so let's sit back and watch the inventor's magic, then you guys can run all your want through it. Sounds like a big win win to me. Yes it's needed this for a long time, but as for tonal changes, it won't be any more or less than what it is now.

Thanks for the comments. I'll relay to him.

LB
BCM

I use the level on my egnater loop mostly as a lead boost as I kick on delay. It's a perfect and no tap dancing

Good move. The loop in the SLO is the one thing that needs an overhaul. Put it AFTER the tone stack. If it's after the master, that probably also means the master volume will be the loop send control. Not the best situation either. As long as you're requesting things, I'd strongly suggest pressing Mike to include separate send/return controls. Or at the very least, a dedicated send.

FourT6and2":2133uqlr said:
Good move. The loop in the SLO is the one thing that needs an overhaul. Put it AFTER the tone stack. If it's after the master, that probably also means the master volume will be the loop send control. Not the best situation either. As long as you're requesting things, I'd strongly suggest pressing Mike to include separate send/return controls. Or at the very least, a dedicated send.
But if it's footswichable then it's out of the signal. Mine just says level so not sure if it's send or return

halebox":2rqznz6b said:
FourT6and2":2rqznz6b said:
But if it's footswichable then it's out of the signal. Mine just says level so not sure if it's send or return

Oh I wasn't responding to you, sorry.

Back