Where to buy an Edwards LP?? Any hiccups with CITES??

napalmdeath

I CAN'T find a guitar, now that I have cash in-hand.. I want this one! But, it seems Japan is my only option, can't find one in the U.S., (that's clean, or priced right).

E-LP-130CD_WH.jpg

I bought an FGN neo Classic and an Edwards from greatjapaneseguy001 on eBay fast shipping ( 48 hours) love the Edwards but if you can get an FGN there way better

If I am not mistaken Edwards have been made in China with final assembly and/or inspection in Japan for several years.

First off.....dont buy from Ebay unless the seller is in the US. Many of the Japanese sellers are listing guitars that other stores are selling. So they are hijacking the shops add and acting like they have the guitar in their possession. The mark up these Ebay sellers are asking is ridiculous. In some cases, they are asking twice as much than the original store is selling it for. This goes for Edwards as well as Crews Maniac, Orville, Bacchus and others. If you find a guitar on Ebay listed by a Japanese seller, you can usually copy the guitar model and then Google it. Then you will find the store it is actually located at. There have been instances where a Ebay buyer buys the guitar only to find out the guitar has been sold. Then the Ebay seller tries to make a switch on you. There is a whole thread about these sellers at MyLesPaul forum in the "other single cut" section. There is a list of Japanese sellers there that do this.

personally, when I see a japanese seller trying to sell a guitar, I am able to find the store that actually has it. Ishibashi is one of the stores that these Ebay hackers steal the listings from.

I do believe Greatjapanesguy is selling his own guitars.

DADA":1581tla2 said:
Agree with Chester here.
Customs will delay delivery and wants you to pay!

I have bought about 10 guitars from Japan. I have never had to pay a customs fee. But it is a possibility. Shipping takes 7-10 days on average.

longfxukxnhair":2k7z2o02 said:
DADA":2k7z2o02 said:
Agree with Chester here.

I have bought about 10 guitars from Japan. I have never had to pay a customs fee. But it is a possibility. Shipping takes 7-10 days on average.

Yeah, I didn't think so.. What determines this??

napalmdeath":30d961pp said:
longfxukxnhair":30d961pp said:
DADA":30d961pp said:
Agree with Chester here.

Yeah, I didn't think so.. What determines this??

I really have no idea. Every time I plan on paying a customs fee and it has never happened. Customs gets the shipment and then hands it off to the USPS for the delivery portion.

I've bought a few guitars from Japan and have never paid customs or duties. Greatjapeneseguy really is a great Japanese guy. Buy from him with confidence. KOIZJAPAN sold me a Bacchus on Reverb, and was also great to deal with. Japan to Chicago in 4 days. Rakuten.com is also an excellent seller. Good luck. :thumbsup:

raz311":mcp58kvl said:
guitup too":mcp58kvl said:
If I am not mistaken Edwards have been made in China with final assembly and/or inspection in Japan for several years.

Correct

It's my understanding that the woodworking and painting is done at an ESP owned and operated factory in China. Complete assembly and finishing touches are done in Japan.

ESP oversees what goes on, on both accounts, and I've yet to see anything less than superb quality reviews.

Obviously, the price reflects these processes, and certainly doesn't effect my desire to own one. Still head and shoulders above "hand-crafted in China". I've owned a Wolfgang earlier run EVH, and 2 ESP's made in China that were all the biggest pieces of shit ever. Fretwork, painting, setups, electronics and flaws all apparent, and just hideous.

Meestursparkle on eBay has a STELLAR rep, dude.

He's Dangerdog on MLP, and if you talk to him over there he'll kick you a discount. If he doesn't have what you're looking for he can find it. Nice guy.

napalmdeath":2hbr0656 said:
raz311":2hbr0656 said:
guitup too":2hbr0656 said:

Correct

It's my understanding that the woodworking and painting is done at an ESP owned and operated factory in China. Complete assembly and finishing touches are done in Japan.

ESP oversees what goes on, on both accounts, and I've yet to see anything less than superb quality reviews.

Obviously, the price reflects these processes, and certainly doesn't effect my desire to own one. Still head and shoulders above "hand-crafted in China". I've owned a Wolfgang earlier run EVH, and 2 ESP's made in China that were all the biggest pieces of shit ever. Fretwork, painting, setups, electronics and flaws all apparent, and just hideous.

According to this thread on my les Paul forum, Edwards are made in Japan again and have been since sometime in 2009.
Read post #259

http://www.mylespaul.com/threads/edward ... 88/page-13

Steinmetzify":2fe3rqlc said:
Meestursparkle on eBay has a STELLAR rep, dude.

He's Dangerdog on MLP, and if you talk to him over there he'll kick you a discount. If he doesn't have what you're looking for he can find it. Nice guy.

I bought a Crews Maniac LP from him. Good guy and a good seller

DADA":2kd759o3 said:
Try http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/eng/
Ask them if they can arrange your fav model Edwards.
Have ordered 3 guitars from them with no problems or hick-ups.
Al arrived well packed in Holland
Succes

Thanks for that link... I think today was the quietest day I ever had at work lol... I have a damn excel sheet of makes, models, and prices of shit I totally do not need. :LOL: :LOL:

Back