New (anticipated) Sub Day!!!!!

We all live in an ISP.

So yeah, I didn't catch the guys joke, wasn't trying to be an asshole.

Reply to all:

Thanks RottingCorpse for that tip. Duly noted.

Regarding clips, imo they don't do this thing justice.

Regarding it being like 2 cabs. I don't think so tbh. I mean technically it is a second cab but it's different than running two 4x12's. It's a single 15" subwoofer for the low frequencies with a 600w power amp built in.

It's not about getting more bass to me. My 4x12 sounds monsterous as it is but adding the sub just brings it to another level. Hard to explain. Just makes everything sound better. Really fills out my sound, makes it fuller, bigger and even more monsterous.

Doesn't change my tone at all just makes it bigger/better.

Thanks for the replies. I love this thing and would recommend it to anyone. I'm curious to try the new line of powered guitar subs that peavey came out with but the ISP is where it's at for me.

7 Stringer":2f87t48r said:
makes the sound 3 D and full. Bass is clear and un cluttered. Cleans sound stellar also.

Pretty good way to explain it ^^^

Happy SUB day!

I have had my ISP Theta Combo for years... one guitar speaker, one sub and for the last couple of years added an ISP 2x12 Vector... same as the Theta Combo, just no preamp section...

LOVE 'em... ditched my 4x12's... ruined every other cabinet I've ever heard...

Enjoy!

If you play by yourself, in a large room, I can see how the sub would make your tone fatter.
But when you play a live show, you have a PA, and bass and kick drums to blend with.
The "guitar" sits in the mid-range. It's not supposed to be fighting with the bass guitar.
This is why I never liked 7-string guitars. You add that low B string, you are getting in the
range of the bass guitar. Drop-tune a 6-string is all we need. And 8-string guitars are stupid.
It's a GUITAR.... not a HARP! :LOL: :LOL:
Seriously though, I never had trouble getting enough fat low-end with a 4x12 cab.
I don't want boomy sub-bass. I'm not playing rap music in my car!
Just my opinion. You guys do whatever makes you happy. If you like the walls to shake
when you chug some djent sludge.... go for it.
I like my bottom-end tight and focused! :D

oldmtlhed":2ao1hnuy said:
If you play by yourself, in a large room, I can see how the sub would make your tone fatter.
But when you play a live show, you have a PA, and bass and kick drums to blend with.
The "guitar" sits in the mid-range. It's not supposed to be fighting with the bass guitar.
This is why I never liked 7-string guitars. You add that low B string, you are getting in the
range of the bass guitar. Drop-tune a 6-string is all we need. And 8-string guitars are stupid.
Seriously though, I never had trouble getting enough fat low-end with a 4x12 cab.
Just my opinion. You guys do whatever makes you happy. If you like the walls to shake

Like Mario would say:

Here we gooooooooooo...........

:LOL: :LOL:

7 Stringer":gnzn7vd7 said:
oldmtlhed":gnzn7vd7 said:

Like Mario would say:

Here we gooooooooooo...........

I'll bite :)

There are these little things called frequencies. Every instrument has them. This sub was not made by idiots. I believe this old frequency argument may have cross their minds when designing it.

It so happens that the sub does not interfere with the drums or the bass guitar. This is literally the same argument everyone has about these subs but I've played it with the bass and it definitely does not interfere at all.

It seems and with all due respect you have no idea what this sub does. It is not "boomy sub-bass" and I don't perform in a rap group. It isn't THAT kind of a sub. I also have zero issues getting fat low end with my stack without the sub. I use a Rev 2 Uber with a Mills cab and it has some of the best low end you can get. But when you plug into one of these you will see what a difference it makes. It will make your already perfect tone bigger and better.

It definitely stays tight and focused but yes, the walls may shake a bit and it may be too much for your rib cage to handle. In fact, I recommend you stay far away from these subs. I will say I'm guessing the 2x10 Vector is tighter than the 1x15" due to physics but this stays plenty tight. Yeah, if you turn the bass level to 100% it will probably fart out and sound like shit but with the right blend it sounds marvelous.

Seriously though lol....everything stated was wrong apart from the shaking walls bit.

If this was another joke that I didn't catch, I apologize in advance. You know how sensitive us Rug-Talkers can be.

I honestly don't care what people think either way because I know how good this thing is but imo this sub is magic and will improve anyone's tone so I wanted to post, share and recommend. I was forewarned by a couple members about posting here about it. Advised don't do it, etc etc, fighting frequency arguments blah blah but the sub is so good idc.

Literally everyone that has heard it or played through it who I've met was stunned. From metal guys to blues guys and people were even commenting on how much better it makes even the clean tones. Just fuller, bigger and better.

I'd seriously recommend it to anyone for any style. Once I heard it I had to have it and I got it :)

Not many of these floating around so if you find one let me know as some others I know want one.

maddnotez":35inuaxs said:
I'll bite

Why am I not surprised. You are going out of your way to justify your purchase.
I said "if YOU like it... then have fun with it". If it was some kind of "miracle tone improvement box" then EVERYONE
on this forum would own one. It would be the buzz of the internet guitar community. But reality seems to be quite
the opposite.
HAVING SAID THAT... "The Subman Cometh" uses a SUB to boost his 4x12 cabs. He seems to like it.
So you are not alone in your "sub love".

( This dude has a massive collection of high-end stuff. )

I needed to justify my 808 lol.

You should try one with the Stealth. Would put a giant set of nuts on that thing.

maddnotez":2gjrf338 said:
You should try one with the Stealth. Would put a giant set of nuts on that thing.

My Stealth should get a cap-job. It's old. 1994 I think. It has newer tubes, but everything
else is original.
The Stealth is a weird little monkey.
Rumor is, Lee Jackson was behind the circuit design. Rumor has it, there are IC chips
in between the tube gain stages. The amp is dirty. CRATE marketed the amp as a
"grunge" box. I guess they thought "grunge" was popular at the time.
Funny thing is... the amp was killer for death metal. Like most tube amps, you gotta
crank it up to get the sweet spot. Too loud for practicing in the house. So I didn't use
it much over the years. It's in a closet right now.

Awesome! This is interesting because I have always wondered about these cabs. I love a huge chunky low end sound, so I think I would love one. If only they weren't so freakin' expensive!

On a side, but similar, note. I have always wondered if having a sub is the missing link to me liking the Axe-FX direct into FRFR / monitors. I have never loved it direct into 8" monitors, but I have often wondered if I would like a pair of 5" monitors + matching sub better. I know I have a little Logitech speaker system on my work computer for listening to music. It has two, like 1" speakers, and a sub, and those little things shake the walls. Sounds so full and huge, and I only keep the sub up 25% or so.

oldmtlhed":3bv9fmwp said:
maddnotez":3bv9fmwp said:

My Stealth should get a cap-job. It's old. 1994 I think. It has newer tubes, but everything
else is original.
The Stealth is a weird little monkey.
Rumor is, Lee Jackson was behind the circuit design. Rumor has it, there are IC chips
in between the tube gain stages. The amp is dirty. CRATE marketed the amp as a
"grunge" box. I guess they thought "grunge" was popular at the time.
Funny thing is... the amp was killer for death metal. Like most tube amps, you gotta
crank it up to get the sweet spot. Too loud for practicing in the house. So I didn't use
it much over the years. It's in a closet right now.

Yep it is great for the old school DM sound. I blew mine up dicking around trying to slave it to a different power amp lol.

Shask":3bv9fmwp said:
Awesome! This is interesting because I have always wondered about these cabs. I love a huge chunky low end sound, so I think I would love one. If only they weren't so freakin' expensive!

On a side, but similar, note. I have always wondered if having a sub is the missing link to me liking the Axe-FX direct into FRFR / monitors. I have never loved it direct into 8" monitors, but I have often wondered if I would like a pair of 5" monitors + matching sub better. I know I have a little Logitech speaker system on my work computer for listening to music. It has two, like 1" speakers, and a sub, and those little things shake the walls. Sounds so full and huge, and I only keep the sub up 25% or so.

Would be interesting for sure. I had the AX8, kind of wish I could've afforded to keep it now that I have the sub.

My other guitarist said that exact thing, that the sub was the missing link to my rig.

I guess some people won't like it and others won't believe me but it literally made everything sound better. We hooked it up to a Theile type Celestion 1x12 and it was crushing. Even with a half stack, full stack, cleans, high gain, you name it.

To me it really is a magic box. I just think not a lot of people have tried them. Everyone I've met that's played or heard in person was blown away except the one guy earlier who said he didn't like.

I paid $825, I know a couple have sold for $750 and some guy in Austin had one for $500.

Just have to keep your eyes open. With that said the 2x10 is still in production and Peavey just came out with a line of these for cheaper. $800 new for the 600w 1x15 but I didn't want to gamble with that one since I played the Vector and also I kind of think you get what you pay for and Peavey sometimes uses cheap parts from what I hear?

One thing bad I will say about my Vector is the board design. The output jacks are soldiered to the board and they go directly to the back plate so they are just sitting there and are kind of delicate. But I feel the power amp they use is good quality.

I absolutely love this thing and just like Tom (subman cometh) said to me, I can't see myself ever playing without it. Kind of a pain to lug that extra piece of gear around but to me it's worth it.

oldmtlhed":20g8crra said:

This entire post is as laugh riot! :LOL: :LOL:

rottingcorpse":rnh4rdzh said:
oldmtlhed":rnh4rdzh said:

This entire post is as laugh riot! :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah....That's why I said he didn't know what this thing even was. I really wasn't trying to justify a purchase, I'd have just sold it otherwise. It was that literally every point made was so far off base.

It does not occupy the same frequency as the Bass and doesn't interfere at all.
It's not an 808, not even close. Not boomy either.
Huge touring professional bands use Subs on and off stage.

As I said the only accurate point was the bit about the walls shaking. That is true and I love it lol.

I can understand if someone has played one and said meh, I don't need it or don't like it. I wouldn't "get" that but I would understand. Everyone has different ears. But to just throw out random objections that aren't accurate....of course I'm going to reply back.

Btw Rotting....My buddy fixed the output jack so now the crossover works. Going to pick it up in the next few days and try it out. We hooked it up to his SLO and it was amazing. He doesn't want to give the sub back to me haha.

Every clip I have listened to of thesubmancometh it makes me jones for that HUUUGE WALL SHAKING BOTTOM END !! I only live 3 hours from Austin,but I gotta pass for now..thats too bad for me though!! I am glad you like it and it works for you,thats what counts!

riffermadness":1in9goe4 said:
Every clip I have listened to of "thesubmancometh" it makes me jones for that HUUUGE WALL SHAKING BOTTOM END !!

Then I am sure you would enjoy the ISP sub in your rig.
Get one, and make a video clip for us.
:thumbsup:

Thanks for all the honorable mentions here fellas! (I'm Tom, Thesubmancometh, and Gsxrbusa) :LOL: :LOL:

Everyone knows I really like my subs. Been using them live for years with no complaints. I don't mic it up, it just adds some stage depth. Plus it raises my 4X12 up closer to ear level so I can actually turn down (Wait, did I really just say turn down!) :gethim: The subs are not for everyone but I recommend at least taking one for a test drive.

Congrats on the sub Maddnotez!!! Happy you found one and dig it. :rock:

Back