Varius Guitars?

SavageRiffer

Banned
Korean made, but man they got some great specs and look fantastic. Stainless steel frets too. I've heard they are excellent quality. Could give Suhr a run for the money? Who owns one?

Varius_Ymir_S1_candy.jpg

can't take them seriously with that headstock. That thing is fucking hideous. Bodies and configuration look sweet, nice tops!

Headstock doesn't seem materially worse than the Suhr/Schecter/Anderson/Pacer headstock.

There are some pretty nice guitars being made in Korea now.

cardinal":356csf5f said:
Headstock doesn't seem materially worse than the Suhr/Schecter/Anderson/Pacer headstock.

There are some pretty nice guitars being made in Korea now.

Exactly. Several Japanese brands like Schecter and ESP, and even Fender, have produced some great stuff in Korea. Blackstar used to make their amps in Korea, but went under the radar and moved to China. I don't know if their Chinese stuff is as good, but I've seen manufacturing in both countries and there is better overall quality control, safety regulations, and commitment to quality in Korea than China most of the time.

Unfortunately, Korean companies got kind of greedy and forced a lot of manufacturers to China and other emerging industrial countries like Brazil. Korea is still putting out some great quality stuff. I've been seriously looking at the Various guitars, and from what detail I've been able to gather, they're very well made.

They've got quality components and stainless steel frets which is a big factor for me. I don't get too excited about Seymour Duncan pickups, but they're good quality so you can't knock them for that. The headstock isn't bad at all. I use to hate Suhr headstock, and pretty much all non Fender strat, Jackson, or Ibanez headstocks. When Tyler guitars were getting popular, I didn't think their headstock was too bad, but it kind of grew on me like the Suhr stuff. Varius headstocks are not bad. There are definitely worse like that stupid EVH weirdo headstock on whatever guitar that was.

"Hideous!" is your great contribution to this thread? Please, you're a petty little naysayer. It's about time you learn how to pick threads you actually have an interest in instead of just going around shitting on others. There are a hundred ways to voice an opinion, but when you're consistently an asshole, don't go acting like that's all you were doing. FORE!

SavageRiffer":zgmo722y said:
"Hideous!" is your great contribution to this thread? Please, you're a petty little naysayer. It's about time you learn how to pick threads you actually have an interest in instead of just going around shitting on others. There are a hundred ways to voice an opinion, but when you're consistently an asshole, don't go acting like that's all you were doing. FORE!
Nobody's shitting on anything. I don't like the headstock. Another guy a couple of posts up said the exact same thing but you only got butthurt when I said it. Its a public forum. By all means buy the shit out of that ugly ass guitar.

Padre Bonic":1n0qb4wo said:
SavageRiffer":1n0qb4wo said:
Nobody's shitting on anything. I don't like the headstock. Another guy a couple of posts up said the exact same thing but you only got butthurt when I said it. Its a public forum. By all means buy the shit out of that ugly ass guitar.

Like I said (pretty clearly), I could give a shit about your opinion. It's the fact that you're just a dick to be a dick. If you don't like the headstock, OK fine. What's the point? In fact, that has little to do with anything in my opening post. I was obviously trying to discuss the guitars as they seem like a fine alternative to the much higher priced Suhrs. What's the fucking point of naysaying? How does calling the headstock hideous contribute anything worthwhile? Na, you just like the pile on negative shit to be an asshole. Face it, you know exactly what you do and there's no excuse for it. Butthurt is you who can't be man enough to admit when you were being a douchebag, and instead harp on and on with more insults. You're a fucking troll.

SavageRiffer":b0mm1d98 said:
Padre Bonic":b0mm1d98 said:
SavageRiffer":b0mm1d98 said:

Like I said (pretty clearly), I could give a shit about your opinion. It's the fact that you're just a dick to be a dick. If you don't like the headstock, OK fine. What's the point? In fact, that has little to do with anything in my opening post. I was obviously trying to discuss the guitars as they seem like a fine alternative to the much higher priced Suhrs. What's the fucking point of naysaying? How does calling the headstock hideous contribute anything worthwhile? Na, you just like the pile on negative shit to be an asshole. Face it, you know exactly what you do and there's no excuse for it. Butthurt is you who can't be man enough to admit when you were being a douchebag, and instead harp on and on with more insults. You're a fucking troll.

So you DO care. We could tell.

SavageRiffer":2ws9qa0s said:
Padre Bonic":2ws9qa0s said:
SavageRiffer":2ws9qa0s said:

Go wipe your cooter. I simply responded in kind to another forumite's post and you turned into Savagerager once again. Get over yourself.

Back