Metaltronix for Mailman

Cordoba

I was digging through a photo album a while back and found another pic of your old amp. This was taken around 1992.

V23JiTa.jpg

:yes:

Nice!! That amp......
Was fucking LOUD!!!
Just wish I messed around with it more like eq in the loop..... boosts... etc.
:LOL: :LOL:
I was on a flipping roll at the time. I know. Unbelievable. :D

Mailman1971":1yu6aiyd said:
Nice!! That amp......
Was fucking LOUD!!!
Just wish I messed around with it more like eq in the loop..... boosts... etc.
:LOL: :LOL:
I was on a flipping roll at the time. I know. Unbelievable. :D

Same here. I never tried anything other than el34s and never paid attention to the preamp tubes. No idea what I had in there.

:aww:

Mailman1971":10m3cfjb said:
This amp was crazy. It dialed in backwards.
Not joking. It was like '1' was 10.
Had a ripping tone.

Well said. LMFAO! If you look closely, the 3rd knob in from the left is system level, and it's almost off. And that was for band practice. I had to turn it down for gigs.

:hys:

krueger":373uii2z said:
There is a guy on Reverb selling the head and matching 4x12 if you want the cab

Cool man, it's always great to hear about the survivors out there.

:thumbsup:

I had 2 - consecutive ser #'s. Loud as hell. Also had a modded one by Lee, that was so "hissy" at high gain & ran so hot, we called it the grill.
I remember being really into the tone at the time, but honestly can't remember how good they sound (or don't).
Great feel when you played them though.

krueger":2587jvvt said:
There is a guy on Reverb selling the head and matching 4x12 if you want the cab

Gat dang it, they don't get any nicer than that! Hard to believe dat rig is almost 30 years old.

Tronald Dump":281od6re said:
I was digging through a photo album a while back and found another pic of your old amp. This was taken around 1992.

V23JiTa.jpg

Looks like a Peavey VTM 4x12...most likely loaded with Celestion G12K-85's if so.. :D

kurtsstuff2003":2qe98bm4 said:
Tronald Dump":2qe98bm4 said:

V23JiTa.jpg

Looks like a Peavey VTM 4x12...most likely loaded with Celestion G12K-85's if so.. :D

Actually it's pre-VTM. I bought it with a Butcher head in 1986. It did have G12k-85s.

Tronald Dump":1icrh73f said:
kurtsstuff2003":1icrh73f said:
Tronald Dump":1icrh73f said:

V23JiTa.jpg

Actually it's pre-VTM. I bought it with a Butcher head in 1986. It did have G12k-85s.

:rock:

Back