Watch out for that Wah hiding in the grass!!!

Haven't been in this forums for years now but it's sad to read how immature and overall pitiful a lot of the comments here still are. Some of you are grown men with families and kids I assume and you come here to be 16 y/o again talking about how a musician is not this or not that, or rambling about Kirk's Wah use for ages. It seems like the only ppl in the world that cannot get over Kirk's Wah usage is in the 80's rockstar wannabe's guitar forums.

a Wah is to kirk's solo/tone/vibe what Chorus is to James' Hetfield cleans yet nobody talks shit about it. How low have these forums gotten where most of the things you read are infantile comments from bedroom rockstars and internet cowboys.

Joeytpg":343s5l4m said:
Haven't been in this forums for years now but it's sad to read how immature and overall pitiful a lot of the comments here still are. Some of you are grown men with families and kids I assume and you come here to be 16 y/o again talking about how a musician is not this or not that, or rambling about Kirk's Wah use for ages. It seems like the only ppl in the world that cannot get over Kirk's Wah usage is in the 80's rockstar wannabe's guitar forums.

a Wah is to kirk's solo/tone/vibe what Chorus is to James' Hetfield cleans yet nobody talks shit about it. How low have these forums gotten where most of the things you read are infantile comments from bedroom rockstars and internet cowboys.

The overuse of ANYTHING in a musical context gets tiring...Zakk's squeals, Yngwie's use of the same scales, runs, and arpeggios over and over, George Lynch and the Phase 90 phase, and YES, Kirk's wah...

Joeytpg":2kqbiive said:

Yeah, its more like a gentle ribbing among friends.. A nice, well deserved razzing.
Hell.. if I was his friend, Id give him SO MUCH SHIT, he'd probably swing. And he'd definitely walk away a better man.... embarrassed to use teh wah.

paulyc":1s2hbnqb said:
The overuse of ANYTHING in a musical context gets tiring...Zakk's squeals, Yngwie's use of the same scales, runs, and arpeggios over and over, George Lynch and the Phase 90 phase, and YES, Kirk's wah...

I agree. :thumbsup:

Joeytpg":b0i8axoj said:

The only thing that matters is that you have 5150 posts!! You should have picked a better thread than this for such a monumental achievement.

oldmtlhed":2ijtuu0q said:
RIFF":2ijtuu0q said:
Yeah, its more like a gentle ribbing among friends.. A nice, well deserved razzing.

:cheers:
Your avatar pic is KAYLEE from FIREFLY! ( Best TV show EVER! )
:thumbsup:

:cheers:

Shes great... ;) Actually, every girl on that show was awesome!

oldmtlhed":27u22f5z said:
Ventura":27u22f5z said:
oldmtlhed":27u22f5z said:
....When he died,
they lost it.
And with Trujillo, they got it back

No. I liked Trujillo better in Suicidal Tendencies.
Yeah, Trujillo was a great bass player. Amazing ability.
Now he seems relegated to playing a drab low end backup of the guitar.
If he were actually looked to for some ideas & style, Metallica might be able to find a second wind.

They say James comes up with ideas & Lars directs things. They should all be meshing in ideas, & Lars should sit down.

RIFF":35ke5c9q said:
They say James comes up with ideas & Lars directs things. They should all be meshing in ideas, & Lars should sit down.

They became a bunch of uber-rich drama queens.
I seen a documentary, and they were all worse than Ozzy behind-the-scenes.
I lost all respect for them many years ago. Around the time they sucked-up to the RIAA
and sued their FANS for downloading their music on NAPSTER. I can understand going after
a file-sharing service. But the individual FANS? The whole thing crossed the line.
You don't sue your FANS. They are the one's that made you RICH in the first place.
They were all so screwed up, their managers/label made them all see therapists and shrinks.
Everyone around them was terrified they would fall apart, and the CASH COW would end.
God forbid the money stop flowing.

RIFF":2gcegqbh said:
Shes great. Actually, every girl on that show was awesome!

"Goin on a month now I ain't had nothin' twixt my nethers wern't run on batteries!" --- Kaywinnet Lee Frye

:LOL: :LOL:

oldmtlhed":3sowijll said:
RIFF":3sowijll said:
Shes great. Actually, every girl on that show was awesome!

"Goin on a month now I ain't had nothin' twixt my nethers wern't run on batteries!" --- Kaywinnet Lee Frye

I cant know that! .....I could stand to hear a little more. :D

RIFF":nhkwti8g said:
I cant know that! .....I could stand to hear a little more. :D

"If you take sexual advantage of that girl... you will go to the special hell.
A place reserved for child molesters... and people who talk at the theater." --- Shepherd Book

Back