NAD! Vht d120

mchn13

One of my gear regrets over the last year or so has been selling my d60. I was in a purge and only the jcm800 stayed as I needed it for my band. No matter how much I loved that little monster, it always sounded like an 800, and I never got along with it in a modern metal setting no matter how much I boosted it. I needed an amp that could cover both, so I traded my 800 for a d120, and instantly remembered why the last one stayed around so long. Just a beautiful sounding single channel that just covers it all, even being so simple. Chimey cleans all the way to an evil sounding metal tone. The last one stayed around longer than any amp ive had in the last twenty years. Might be my retirement amp y'all.
vded8k.jpg

Congrats! Always wanted one of those. I have a CL50 and a PB45 and had a Sig X, love(d) all of them! The Deliverance is next on my list to get at some point.

Nice! So, do you like the 120 better? I dig the 60 a bit more, more modded Marshall where the 120 was a bit more modern.

Amazing how you can clean up with the guitar volume, even on More mode.
Congrats!

I won't know which I like better til I get it on my Engls at practice, but I got it cause I needed something that could cover modern as well, so I feel like it's gonna be perfect.

Hey!
Glad you are liking the Deliverance, I remembered you saying that you posted on here sometimes so I just checked out of curiosity and bam!

Gotta say, I am LOVING this JCM 800, though I'm finding these randall cabs with v30 to be a bit harsh

:rock:

Zachalou":19cz7yoq said:
Hey!
Glad you are liking the Deliverance, I remembered you saying that you posted on here sometimes so I just checked out of curiosity and bam!

Gotta say, I am LOVING this JCM 800, though I'm finding these randall cabs with v30 to be a bit harsh

Hahah hey Zach! Thanks for the trade and the meet man. Made things real cool. Some people like to mix with the v-30's, I just love what they do, although I had a cab with swamp things in it that was just crushing. May mix a couple of those with my v30's.

Zachalou":263lhjk8 said:
Hey!

I post intermittently at best. I have 1700 posts in 11 years lol. I came over during the old guy exodus in '06 hahahahah.

No problem, was much better than shipping!

Maybe it's just my randall cabs! might try to trade out for some mesa or marshall cabs, plenty around!

I was considering swamp things also use to have a cab that had them paired with texas heats that I used with a JVM 410 head, didn't like the head but the cab was cool :D

seems a lot of people rave about g12-65 speakers used with the 50 watt JCM 800 too, maybe I'll grab some up

Zachalou":3lvbku4f said:

Maybe it's just my randall cabs! might try to trade out for some mesa or marshall cabs, plenty around!

I was considering swamp things also use to have a cab that had them paired with texas heats that I used with a JVM 410 head, didn't like the head but the cab was cool :D

seems a lot of people rave about g12-65 speakers used with the 50 watt JCM 800 too, maybe I'll grab some up

I didn't get along with the Jvm either. Cool thing is the v30's have value so you could probably sell a couple at a time, so you could buy and try others.

Zachalou":yjg67527 said:

Also that marshall grows another layer of low end after 2-3 on the master, so my v30's seem a little harsh until 2 or so then they got smoother and really started kickin. Loudest 50 water I ever had.

I got it to little above 2 today, I'll really have the chance to crank it tonight after work and see what it sounds like then,

definitely louder than that EVH 50 watt I had,

Racerxrated":2p2ml5jn said:
Nice! So, do you like the 120 better? I dig the 60 a bit more, more modded Marshall where the 120 was a bit more modern.

Congrats!

I wonder why that is? By design? Having the d60 for a couple years, I can definitely tell the 120 has a different(kinda hollow), but not in a bad way, mid focus. Sounds like more typical Vht mids if that makes sense, where the d60 seemed to have a more marshall mid focus.

mchn13":3m309nlt said:
Racerxrated":3m309nlt said:

Congrats!

I wonder why that is? By design? Having the d60 for a couple years, I can definitely tell the 120 has a different(kinda hollow), but not in a bad way, mid focus. Sounds like more typical Vht mids if that makes sense, where the d60 seemed to have a more marshall mid focus.

Before I got that 120, I had played a d60 for about a week, it is a great amp as well but the 120 just had that extra something that I really liked to it

DragonCrestPC":2y5yj6kj said:
Congrats! another VHT brother!

Yeah I'm back. Sold my d60 last year. It's interesting hearing the differences between it and the 120. Not in a bad way at all, and it worked out good cause I got this one to do my metal project with. I just love how Vht' get brutal but still toneful.

Zachalou":6qh1jfb1 said:
mchn13":6qh1jfb1 said:
Racerxrated":6qh1jfb1 said:

Congrats!

Before I got that 120, I had played a d60 for about a week, it is a great amp as well but the 120 just had that extra something that I really liked to it
That 120 seems to have a Mesa type low end, just huge sounding while the 60 has good tight lows like a modded Marshall with a depth mod.
Both are great amps, and such great tone for the money when you think about the used prices.

Back