You guys see the announcement Superior Drum 3.0?

JerEvil":13zi8sm6 said:
Has there been any indicator that SSD5 is coming? 2+ years of chatter and nothing... the screen shots look pedestrian compared to what we see in SD3 and IMHO if Slate didn't have an inside track or at least conclude on his own that they would be combining the most asked for user features of EZD2 into a new SD, then he is potentially missing a huge opportunity. At $219 to upgrade from SD2 to SD3, he's going to have to offer a LOT to et folks to change their mind on SD3 which has an actual release date.

Good news is I will likely buy both since Slate confirmed there will be lower pricing for SSD4 platinum owners.

Slate is the king for marketing and it almost feels as if at times he is just rebranding his own products in order to come up with "new releases" added to his monthly bundle. Also hate how you can't just buy individual plugins now. For that reason, Slate can kiss my ass on any future releases. Glad I got Trigger platinum for cheap while I could. Soon that will be a monthly subscription as well.

You can still buy all of his plugins individually, mate. You're not the first to think otherwise. I don't know how that myth started (I've seen it all over the 'net), but it's never been true.

I'm slowly buying them individually as they go on special and I happen to have the funds. Not even sure why, really, other than insurance against possible discontinuation that results in a plug's being removed from the all-in bundle. That's what happened with the Lexicon 480L emulation.

My reasons for wanting SD3:

SD2 has drum trigger mappings for the major drum modules/triggers…Roland, Yamaha and others but those trigger mappings are generic to the company NOT to the specific model.  SD3 has trigger mapping presets specific to most models current AND past.  The specific Roland model I have is included…VERY COOL!

SD3 also includes the song creation functionality that was released with the EZD2 release from three years ago.  I was pissed that Toontrack didn’t offer the same thing for SD2…BUT, it’s in SD3.

Also, the included drum kits were mic’ed and recorded by George Massenburg In Galaxy Studios.  Massenburg…legendary  sound engineer.  The studio where the drums were recorded in is also a legendary studio in Belgium.

There’s also a drummer tracker in SD3.  It will allow you to take a drum recording from anywhere, analyze it, separate out the individual drums (kick, snare, toms..etc.) and replace those drum hits with hits from the SD3 library and other libraries.  I doubt I’ll use that much if at all…but it is awesome it’s included if I need it.

All of my SD2 kits, presets and MIDI will work with SD3…no wasted $$$.  Also, there will be FREE upgrades to the SD2 kits so that the graphics and interface will match SD3.  This is truly awesome. 

The price of SD3 is $419.00, but, I get it for $200.00 because I already own SD2

Monkey Man":3r4qs7vo said:
You can still buy all of his plugins individually, mate. You're not the first to think otherwise. I don't know how that myth started (I've seen it all over the 'net), but it's never been true.

I'm slowly buying them individually as they go on special and I happen to have the funds. Not even sure why, really, other than insurance against possible discontinuation that results in a plug's being removed from the all-in bundle. That's what happened with the Lexicon 480L emulation.

Are you sure? I just checked and I cannot at all find where to buy the virtual mix rack...

EDIT : just checked... you can!You have to go to the virtual store not follow a link to product description. I eat my words BUT they way the site is laid out, it almost keeps directing you to the monthly subscription. Sneaky Slate snake oil ;)

timeroo":8zoflpje said:
I started using Getgood drums and it made SD2 completely 100% useless. I was wondering when TT was going to catch up and come out with something to compete with all these new options from Sturgis, Getgood and Perfectdrums etc. I have to say that I absolutely love the getgood drums. They absolutely crush everything else providing you have some mixing skills and access to some solid plugins but the midi mapping takes some tweaking if you use the TT drum midi. I have been waiting for TT to stop catering to the EZdrummer users and start giving us more. I will buy the upgrade first day out but I wonder if it will actually compete sound wise with the getgood drums. All the bells, whistles and easy to use features don't mean shit without sound quality.

I've been wanting GetGood Drums for a while now, but didn't know if they were any better than EZDrummer. I'm already using impulse/samples for a different snare and kick and just using EZDrummer for cymbals, toms, etc.. How do the snares and kicks in GetGood stack up to EZDrummer?

vultures":879gkvza said:
timeroo":879gkvza said:
I started using Getgood drums and it made SD2 completely 100% useless. I was wondering when TT was going to catch up and come out with something to compete with all these new options from Sturgis, Getgood and Perfectdrums etc. I have to say that I absolutely love the getgood drums. They absolutely crush everything else providing you have some mixing skills and access to some solid plugins but the midi mapping takes some tweaking if you use the TT drum midi. I have been waiting for TT to stop catering to the EZdrummer users and start giving us more. I will buy the upgrade first day out but I wonder if it will actually compete sound wise with the getgood drums. All the bells, whistles and easy to use features don't mean shit without sound quality.

I've been wanting GetGood Drums for a while now, but didn't know if they were any better than EZDrummer. I'm already using impulse/samples for a different snare and kick and just using EZDrummer for cymbals, toms, etc.. How do the snares and kicks in GetGood stack up to EZDrummer?

GGD absolutely mauls and annihilates any drum software that I have ever used. It crushes SD2 to death and wrecks everything else I have tried. I wanna rock the new SD3 though. Ill do the upgrade.

I'm excited for the grid editor. Now I can ditch Reason! I literally only use Reason for the drum grid editor. I export the MIDI file and do everything else in Logic. SD3 is a bit expensive though, even as an upgrade.

Kapo_Polenton":20se9f9u said:
Monkey Man":20se9f9u said:

Are you sure? I just checked and I cannot at all find where to buy the virtual mix rack...

EDIT : just checked... you can!You have to go to the virtual store not follow a link to product description. I eat my words BUT they way the site is laid out, it almost keeps directing you to the monthly subscription. Sneaky Slate snake oil ;)
LOL You're not the first to have had trouble finding the option, matey!

I saw a fella a while back hassle Steven over it, insisting the option wasn't there. Apparently all he had to do in that case was scroll to the bottom of the page he was on.

Glad to be of service, bro'.

EDIT:

On SD2:

I'd like to see a cheaper, stereo-only option. Not keen on paying for 100GB of surround samples I'm never gonna use, and I'm betting I'm not alone on this.

Back