You guys see the announcement Superior Drum 3.0?

Kapo_Polenton

Looks like Toontrack got savvy and loaded the next generation program with a whole new interface along with some effects for each track AND the ability to do drum replacement. Bit of a hefty price tag but I gotta say, I like what they did. If your system cannot handle processing needs, they allow you to export each individual drum track so that you can have just the sound files in your DAW for your own processing. Genius. If I didn't have Slate Trigger, I would say this would really be on my list of must haves.

https://www.toontrack.com/superior-drum ... %20Monitor

I saw that earlier. Looks pretty cool but I'm trying to figure out if I would really need anything it has to offer right now. I'm really getting along just fine with Superior 2. $200 upgrade aint really that bad but $400 is pretty steep if you dont own 2.

It looks extremely powerful.

The built in grid editor should be a nice addition for those who use daws that are less flexible when it comes to programming on a piano roll..... actual drum names instead of piano keys.

I am pretty stoked for it. The upgrade price is ok. I snagged SD2 last year for $99 but this seems like a huge improvement. SD2 feels fairly dated. I may hold out until Black Friday though. I have to assume they'll do upgrade deals...

hopefully! LOL!

I started using Getgood drums and it made SD2 completely 100% useless. I was wondering when TT was going to catch up and come out with something to compete with all these new options from Sturgis, Getgood and Perfectdrums etc. I have to say that I absolutely love the getgood drums. They absolutely crush everything else providing you have some mixing skills and access to some solid plugins but the midi mapping takes some tweaking if you use the TT drum midi. I have been waiting for TT to stop catering to the EZdrummer users and start giving us more. I will buy the upgrade first day out but I wonder if it will actually compete sound wise with the getgood drums. All the bells, whistles and easy to use features don't mean shit without sound quality.

I'm a bit pissed still that EZDrummer 2 won't follow time signature changes in a daw. Will follow tempo, just not time signatures. I like the ease of it, but writing black metal is troublesome. You shouldn't have to use the same time signature throughout the whole song. That's the major downfall for my application. I also have addictive drums, but only use it for the samples.

$319 crossgrade is spendy. Like Jer said. Probably wait for seeetwater Black Friday sale or something

crwnedblasphemy":mmv1kwva said:
I'm a bit pissed still that EZDrummer 2 won't follow time signature changes in a daw. Will follow tempo, just not time signatures. I like the ease of it, but writing black metal is troublesome. You shouldn't have to use the same time signature throughout the whole song. That's the major downfall for my application. I also have addictive drums, but only use it for the samples.

$319 crossgrade is spendy. Like Jer said. Probably wait for seeetwater Black Friday sale or something
Yeah I am in a bit better boat as it is only $209 since I own Superior 2. I also own EZD2 so maybe I'll get and EXTRA discount! LOL!

I really dislike the whole drum creation process. So tedious. I should look at Jer's vids to see if I'm overlooking something
want anyway, lol

crankyrayhanky":1kjn97ri said:
I really dislike the whole drum creation process. So tedious. I should look at Jer's vids to see if I'm overlooking something
want anyway, lol
Yeah man! Get up on them thangs!

I'm interested, but going to wait until Black Friday sales. I have SD2 and EZD2, and I'm mostly satisfied with EZD2. Haven't used SD2 for a while now.

NeubyWanKaneuby":11qfthhx said:
I'm interested, but going to wait until Black Friday sales. I have SD2 and EZD2, and I'm mostly satisfied with EZD2. Haven't used SD2 for a while now.
I hear uuu. I use EZD2 most. Barely dabble in Superior BUT SD3 looks like it'll be EZD2 on ultra-roids.

I'm a fan but I started using NI Damage lately...follows the DAW tempo, huge amounts of loops and preprogrammed stuff, plus shit you just won't find in something from Toontrack. I think I'm done with these guys. Been with em some EZD1 but I don't like their shit anymore, plus it's not as integrated as the Kontakt stuff with Reaper.

I posted it earlier on another forum for some guys I know that are into it, but at $319 for an upgrade from EZD2? I'm ok me.

I need to see what SSD5 will offer. Been waiting forever for it.

Watched all the videos available so far for SD3 and I'm underwhelmed considering the fact that it's a major upgrade that's been anticipated for years. All the "improvements" are features one would have expected to be included, IMHO.

The library is huge, even if you don't download the surround samples, and that's only for a handful of kits.

The effects are likely to be trumped big-time by SSD5's ones (an assumption, of course), given that Steven has a comprehensive pool of mature emulations to choose from.

Hoping SSD5 will be out before Black Friday so a head-to-head comparison can be made; it's going to be one or the other for me, not both.

Has there been any indicator that SSD5 is coming? 2+ years of chatter and nothing... the screen shots look pedestrian compared to what we see in SD3 and IMHO if Slate didn't have an inside track or at least conclude on his own that they would be combining the most asked for user features of EZD2 into a new SD, then he is potentially missing a huge opportunity. At $219 to upgrade from SD2 to SD3, he's going to have to offer a LOT to et folks to change their mind on SD3 which has an actual release date.

Good news is I will likely buy both since Slate confirmed there will be lower pricing for SSD4 platinum owners.

slyym":2xeuz5st said:
I saw that earlier. Looks pretty cool but I'm trying to figure out if I would really need anything it has to offer right now. I'm really getting along just fine with Superior 2. $200 upgrade aint really that bad but $400 is pretty steep if you dont own 2.
Concur. I'll wait till their R&D fees get paid down and this upgrade becomes more moderate in pricing. As it is, SD2.0 has been MORE than adequate for my needs. Way more.

But cool nonetheless!! :yes: :thumbsup:

JerEvil":2dn7akkz said:
NeubyWanKaneuby":2dn7akkz said:
I hear uuu. I use EZD2 most. Barely dabble in Superior BUT SD3 looks like it'll be EZD2 on ultra-roids.

If SD3 operates as easy as EZD2, I'm totally on board. :rock:

JerEvil":3wfcqlpz said:
Has there been any indicator that SSD5 is coming? 2+ years of chatter and nothing... the screen shots look pedestrian compared to what we see in SD3 and IMHO if Slate didn't have an inside track or at least conclude on his own that they would be combining the most asked for user features of EZD2 into a new SD, then he is potentially missing a huge opportunity. At $219 to upgrade from SD2 to SD3, he's going to have to offer a LOT to et folks to change their mind on SD3 which has an actual release date.

Good news is I will likely buy both since Slate confirmed there will be lower pricing for SSD4 platinum owners.
Hey J!

Yeah, he said near the start of the year that it was more-or-less ready and that he was waiting for an appropriate "window" in amongst all the other stuff Slate's been up to in which to release and market it.

I've been following the GS thread since long before that, and his "announcement" did make it feel as though release was imminent. However, as often happens with Slate...

That said, now that SD3 is out, who knows how it might affect SSD5's feature set? Slate's pretty-savvy when it comes to competition, so it wouldn't surprise me if he makes a tweak or two in response. I'm still hoping that whatever he does, it comes to market before Black Friday.

Also, I reckon Slate's offering will be cheaper-and-much-smaller (sample-set-wise) than SD3, and I too am hoping for a super-attractive upgrade deal from SSD4 Platinum. One reason I'm holding off on making a final judgement about SD3 is that until SSD5 comes along, there's no real context in which to make it. Apples to apples means that VI's that're several years old don't qualify.

At any rate, it looks like it's finally "all happening"! Woohoo!

I'm currently using SD2 and was disappointed when EZD2 was released and there was no nod to SD2...'been like three years. Anyway, yes, I will definitely pickup SD3. I use Roland triggers to record via SD2. Within SD2 there's a mapping for Roland triggers but it is generic...the preset just says Roland. SD3 has presets specific to ALL of the individual Roland modules as well as most other companies. That means it should map more precisely to which ever flavor module you have. :rock:

Monkey Man":3gz5xypn said:
JerEvil":3gz5xypn said:

Hey J!

Yeah, he said near the start of the year that it was more-or-less ready and that he was waiting for an appropriate "window" in amongst all the other stuff Slate's been up to in which to release and market it.

I've been following the GS thread since long before that, and his "announcement" did make it feel as though release was imminent. However, as often happens with Slate...

That said, now that SD3 is out, who knows how it might affect SSD5's feature set? Slate's pretty-savvy when it comes to competition, so it wouldn't surprise me if he makes a tweak or two in response. I'm still hoping that whatever he does, it comes to market before Black Friday.

Also, I reckon Slate's offering will be cheaper-and-much-smaller (sample-set-wise) than SD3, and I too am hoping for a super-attractive upgrade deal from SSD4 Platinum. One reason I'm holding off on making a final judgement about SD3 is that until SSD5 comes along, there's no real context in which to make it. Apples to apples means that VI's that're several years old don't qualify.

At any rate, it looks like it's finally "all happening"! Woohoo!

Slate could always just build in their Trigger software into SSD5 which is essentially what SD3 has done and then allow you to add effects etc.. anyway i had no idea there was so much competition out there drum wise in programs. Checked some of the others out and they also sound really good.. all of them are usable though so really, I only see SD3 being a bonus for people who actually play drums and want to do some replacing.

Back