NGD PWE/Stevenson arrived!

mooncobra

I have wanted to try a PWE/Stevenson guitar for a long time. I found a PWE tele on Reverb for a good price, and snagged it. I have heard quite a few guys on here say what high quality guitars they are, so I always wanted to check them out. This is the guitar:

https://reverb.com/item/5747701-pwe-ted ... _BwE&pla=1

-GUITAR ARRIVED! - so, the PWE/Stevenson Tele arrived yesterday. After putting in a few hours on it yesterday, and another hour this morning, I have come to the conclusion that I am not a telecaster fan. Its a VERY WELL made guitar and its very resonant. I think I am used to guitars that have a mahogany body and maple top or alder/maple and this is really different. The weight, and especially the tone. The pickups sound great, but I wish they had a bit more output. Its a great guitar, no doubt, and I have wanted to try a PWE/Stevenson guitar for so long, but I wanted to try one of their maple topped super strats. So, I will wait until I can find a great deal on a PWE/Stevenson super strat and sell/trade this guitar in the mean time. This guitar is just not for me, so I will pass on the savings to a fellow rigtalker if they are interested.

That looks awesome. I can't see from the pics but is the truss adjustment accessible without taking the neck off?

Anyway, it looks awesome. I'd love to play a short scale tele someday, and that example looks plain amazing. Enjoy!!

I love my Stevenson. It's my main instrument. And I just bought an event horizon this week, it arrives in a few days.

nnajar":1736jc5o said:
I love my Stevenson. It's my main instrument. And I just bought an event horizon this week, it arrives in a few days.

I am hoping it is as good as everyone says. Everyone I have seen or spoken to online that has a PWE/Stevenson guitar says it is a great sounding and playing guitar in the same league as Suhr or Anderson.

mooncobra":3fss8a8t said:
nnajar":3fss8a8t said:

I am hoping it is as good as everyone says. Everyone I have seen or spoken to online that has a PWE/Stevenson guitar says it is a great sounding and playing guitar in the same league as Suhr or Anderson.
If you don't like it, i'd consider taking it, so no worries :thumbsup:

I know the original ownner of that guitar. It is very nice. You should buy mine as well! Far and above the quality and playability of a Suhr.

krueger":tk3cufdq said:
I know the original ownner of that guitar. It is very nice. You should buy mine as well! Far and above the quality and playability of a Suhr.

I saw yours in the classifieds, very nice! I like a hard tail or a Floyd, nothing else.

I've owned three of Ted's guitars, and the Future 24 he delivered to me this summer quickly became my #1.

His guitars are *excellent*, well on par with any of the Suhrs or Andersons I've owned/played, and a bargain comparatively. Also, he's a super nice/generous guy. I'd buy another right now if I could afford to.

That's an astonishingly good price.

Here's my Mahogany/Pau Ferro minimalist Standard

3NT9Bqhl.jpg

- so, the PWE/Stevenson Tele arrived yesterday. After putting in a few hours on it yesterday, and another hour this morning, I have come to the conclusion that I am not a telecaster fan. Its a VERY WELL made guitar and its very resonant. I think I am used to guitars that have a mahogany body and maple top or alder/maple and this is really different. The weight, and especially the tone. The pickups sound great, but I wish they had a bit more output. Its a great guitar, no doubt, and I have wanted to try a PWE/Stevenson guitar for so long, but I wanted to try one of their maple topped super strats. So, I will wait until I can find a great deal on a PWE/Stevenson super strat and sell/trade this guitar in the mean time. This guitar is just not for me, so I will pass on the savings to a fellow rigtalker if they are interested.

-the build quality is definitely high end. the guys who said that these are in the same ballpark as Suhr or Anderson are right. Its very well made.

-just strumming it not plugged in, its loud.

-I looked at it close, and PWE/Stevenson knows what he is doing! the neck is especially nice. very smooth, and the edges are slick and smooth.

I like the way it looks with the blue finish and chrome humbuckers. Those look like jumbo frets which are what I always use. That rosewood fretboard looks very porous and dark, so I can appreciate a fine piece of wood like that. Congratulations on the new guitar man.

SavageRiffer":1v7gzddw said:
I like the way it looks with the blue finish and chrome humbuckers. Those look like jumbo frets which are what I always use. That rosewood fretboard looks very porous and dark, so I can appreciate a fine piece of wood like that. Congratulations on the new guitar man.

The fretboard is Madagascar rosewood. It feels great. It's too bad, it's a really nice guitar, but I am definitely not a Tell guy. I listed it on here and the Gear Page. Only a couple inquiries about it here, but MANY guys on gear page want it. A lot of great trade offers.

Back