NAD (kind of)

eecamichael

So I finally pulled the trigger on a Fractal AX8 after debating months about do I or don't I. I own a Mark IV, Triaxis/2:90, and Electra dyne already, so I was on the fence if it could replace them. My wife sent me a picture of the box yesterday (Now what is THIS???), so I couldn't wait to get home. Unboxing and plugging into the 2:90 (after turning off amp and cab sims), I am floored. This thing is amazing, and is so inspiring to play with even just the factory presets. The Xitone powered 1x12 should be here next week, and really looking forward to diving into the FRFR world. I don't think I will sell the Mesa gear quite yet, but I really do like what I am hearing right out of the box.

Many thanks to Todd (Victim5150) for the patience and advice along the way. I don't post here a lot, however am a long time reader and lurker. Such a great forum, and I have learned a lot. Thank you all!

eecamichael":302m0d24 said:
So I finally pulled the trigger on a Fractal AX8 after debating months about do I or don't I. I own a Mark IV, Triaxis/2:90, and Electra dyne already, so I was on the fence if it could replace them. My wife sent me a picture of the box yesterday (Now what is THIS???), so I couldn't wait to get home. Unboxing and plugging into the 2:90 (after turning off amp and cab sims), I am floored. This thing is amazing, and is so inspiring to play with even just the factory presets. The Xitone powered 1x12 should be here next week, and really looking forward to diving into the FRFR world. I don't think I will sell the Mesa gear quite yet, but I really do like what I am hearing right out of the box.

Many thanks to Todd (Victim5150) for the patience and advice along the way. I don't post here a lot, however am a long time reader and lurker. Such a great forum, and I have learned a lot. Thank you all!
Nice! Todd is good people for sure! I need check out the Xitone stuff in the near future...

I get it. I am more of an "add to it" guy vs. buy and replace. A lot of the guitars, amps, and gear I own is 20+ years old, and I still use a good amount of it (all except for the Roland GR-1 guitar synth that I paid WAY too much for)...

I look at it as just adding more crayons to the box.

No, new gear doesn't make me a better player, and I still sound like me regardless of what I play through.

Finally, this will probably be the last year that I need a tax deduction for $ earned playing

Back