Awaiting word from retailer on this axe. Thoughts?

D-Rock

mlcftbz_v3.png

ML CHICAGO FLAME - TRANS BRAZILIA

Top - Flame Maple
Body- Mahogany
Neck- Mahogany
Scale Length - 24 3/4"
Neck Type- Set Neck
Neck Profile- V
Fingerboard- Ebony
Inlays - Abalone Dot
# of Frets - 22
Knobs - Gold Speed
Hardware Color - Chrome w/Brass V Plate
BridgeTune-O-Matic
Pickup (Neck) - DiMarzio Super Distortion CRCR
Pickup (Bridge) - DiMarzio Super Distortion CRCR
Binding - Single Ply Cream
Finish - Gloss
Color - Trans Brazilia
Made in Korea

Dean imports used to be hit and miss. I have heard they have gotten way more consistent for the past several years.

The V neck carve is my favorite.

I had a MIK ML in Blueburst. It was a great guitar, and very well constructed. I had a matching V, Explorer, and Caddy, and each one was top notch.

Sweet looking guitar!

Just joining in on the ML love. I have an '81 USA ML I bought brand-new in '82. It's the guitar I 'grew up' on and the baseline for which I typically judge all others. The thing is a beast, sounds and plays like a dream and I also really dig the V neck shape. For rock and metal, you can't go wrong with a Dimarzio Super D in a big mahogany body. Assuming the Korean build quality is up-to-snuff (no reason to believe it's not), the specs are nearly identical to my old USA. They're fantastic guitars. :rock:

Good luck!

very cool guitar! On another note, is it just me or do USA Deans seem to be hard to find through dealers? Almost like they make 10 a year :LOL: :LOL:
Even one of the "premier" Dean USA dealers has an inventory of like three.....

USA Deans are mostly custom ordered...And the built time is at least 6 months or so. All of my custom Dean MLF's were worth the time and money. I would guess that dealers don't want to invest too heavily in such a niche guitar,it's a love it or hate it body style.

Also note,the ML body is thinner than the MLF body. Also,the bridge on the ML sits higher off the body than the recessed floyd on the MLF because the neck angle is different.

As a kid I had one of these US versions with a Kahler on it. Pretty wild guitar!

Back