Favorite underrated riffs from the 80s/early 90s?

RoccoPezzin

What's up dudes! I’ve had people requesting this video on my channel for quite some time, so I finally decided to do it! :rock:
I think there are loads of sick riffs from the 80s/early 90s that got little to no attention, so let’s give these guys some credit!
These are just 5 among my favorites, what are yours? :rock:

Agree so much about the XYZ tone. Never found the details bout it, but it really really is amazing.

Thanks for your video. Great selection! Know my playlist for the next days now ;)

Great video and +1 on A Little Aint Enough. Jason was a beast on that album. The solo on It's Showtime is a monster.

My favorite underrated riffs:

Accept: Turn Me On
Anthrax: Medusa
Yngwie: Soldier Without Faith
Savatage: Hall of the Mt. King
Dokken: The Hunter

Really great video production. Great playing, too!
Your creamy Kramer only has a bridge humbucker!
Tell us about your rig you used to record your guitar parts for the video.
Good ballsy tone. Rich harmonics.

Alex_S":jp2rprfe said:
Agree so much about the XYZ tone. Never found the details bout it, but it really really is amazing.

Thanks for your video. Great selection! Know my playlist for the next days now ;)
thanks man! as far as I know, on Hungry he used a preamp built by Mike Morin, super rare to find these days..that tone is mindblowing

psychodave":3hgkx715 said:
My favorite underrated riffs:

Accept: Turn Me On
Anthrax: Medusa
Yngwie: Soldier Without Faith
Savatage: Hall of the Mt. King
Dokken: The Hunter
great choices there!

oldmtlhed":hih21tnm said:
Really great video production. Great playing, too!
Your creamy Kramer only has a bridge humbucker!
Tell us about your rig you used to record your guitar parts for the video.
Good ballsy tone. Rich harmonics.
thanks dude! yep that's a USA Kramer Baretta, it's a 1985 Reissue from 2005, killer axe. I'm playing through the AxeFx2 XL+ using the Friedman BE100 amp sim.. that's literally it, just a touch of plate reverb

victim5150":7bn68clt said:
Great video and +1 on A Little Aint Enough. Jason was a beast on that album. The solo on It's Showtime is a monster.
man I've been trying to learn that for quite a while, so fuck*n fast!! and yes the whole album is just fantastic

RoccoPezzin":2blrpc4s said:
Alex_S":2blrpc4s said:

thanks man! as far as I know, on Hungry he used a preamp built by Mike Morin, super rare to find these days..that tone is mindblowing

Thanks. Read that somewhere already, as well as a SLO rumor. Probably the Morin is true. Never heard of him in any other context. But as you'd said one of the best recorded hard rock tones ever. The record is worth listening for the tone alone.

RoccoPezzin":15fji6rx said:
I'm playing through the AxeFx2 XL+ using the Friedman BE100 amp sim.. that's literally it, just a touch of plate reverb

That figures. I honestly thought it was a real amp, in it's own sound-proof room with a SM57 on the cab.
This digital stuff has come a long way. For direct recording, how can you beat it.
Usually, you can hear the hum or hiss of a live amp. The digital stuff is so pristine.
( But you can run filters in post to remove the hiss. )

The band got tons of attention but Guns N Roses has some really underrated tracks and riffs imo I can think of 5 of their tracks I never hear people talk about

You're crazy
Double talking jive
Dead horse
Locomotive
Breakdown

From other bands I'd say

Mike Watt - big train
Soundgarden - get on the snake
Dire straits - calling Elvis
Eric Clapton - bad love
Skid row - monkey business

THE Riff of doom lol:

How many awesome riffs can you have in one song? You could just take the entire Coroner albums No More Color and Mental Vortex and be through lol:

Say they don't have chops, play this riff correctly lmao:

Since when is Paul Gilbert or Megadeth "underrated"? :checkthisout:

If that's the case... I might as well post THIS:

\:D/

Back