Fryette d60 or Pitbull CL

Define metal. I have a 50 CL with EQ and Reverb and it does hard rock, melodic and heavy metal in the 70-90's in the likes of VH, Ozzy, Maiden, Priest etc. I pair it with a FB 4x12 with P50'e's. I'm not at all a fan of nu metal, modern, detuned stuff so I can't comment in that regard. It shines on modded Marshall and early VH stuff for me. I can't plug into tuned to Eb on a floyded guitar without ripping some VH I or II stuff haha

I don't have any exp with the Pitbull but I've had both the D60/120 and they def can do metal, with a boost. I can tell you the Deliverance has as much string definition as anything out there.
Nothing cleans up better with just the guitar volume also. But it is a no frills 1 channel amp, no loop unless you send it to Fryette for a loop mod for 300 or so. The D60 puts out like a 100w amp, and is more modded Marshall while the 120 seems a bit more modern tone wise.
Great amps.

Not going to get funk cleans on the Deliverance without using boosts for you main OD. When I hear funk I think super clean and a compressor up front. Not sure on the CL. Te Deliverance is near perfection though. I'd suggest a Sig: X which will give you a killer super-clean channel, effects loop and 2 gain channels that are 95% spot on with the Deliverance.

I have owned all the pitbulls. Still have a UL and a D120. The CL will do metal all day,but may be too dry for you(I don't find that an issue,but some do). It's not compressed,but neither is the D120. IMO you should get the CL with the eq so you will have a clean channel for you to get your funk on,and still have metal at the click of the footswitch.

Maybe define what funk you're talking about. If you need super duper clean, you may want a channel switcher. I've never tried the CL amps, only the Classic and UL. I never fully jived with the clean channel of either of those amps for pushing them--the headroom was just too much. This is where the Sig:X really shines.

I think the Deliverance amps can do funk. If you get something like an EH Signal Pad, you may find that you don't need much else to go between funk and metal, so long as you're using the right guitar/pickups.

If you want a channel switcher, I think the Sig:X would be the best bet from Fryette for getting Metal and clean/funk and anything in between with the touch of a footswitch or rolling your guitar volume.

I play funk on my Deliverance 120 all the time. I use different settings for metal.

All three channels of the Sig X can do funk. Two of the channels can do metal. All three with pedals.

Thanks for your input. I do not need really clean tones.
Isn't the UL more brutal than the CL?
BTW, it's a used VHT G100CL without EQ I would get. You cannot buy Fryette new here. No distributor anymore.

Vin Diezel":1o5ewqxa said:
Thanks for your input. I do not need really clean tones.
Isn't the UL more brutal than the CL?
BTW, it's a used VHT G100CL without EQ I would get. You cannot buy Fryette new here. No distributor anymore.
Everyone swears by the EQ, I would try to get that just because however with my experience I did not ever need to use it. With the right tubes and boost I had it sounding perfect. I'd still like the option though but if the deal was right........also idk if having the EQ even if not using it makes any differences.

Regarding the UL, the one I had was made in 1994 and they've made some changes so I can't say for sure. The UL is what most people go for from what Ive seen but the CL crushed the one I had.

The UL sounded bigger and wider from the KT88 but the CL was way more aggressive and brutal. I'd definitely like to try a current production UL but if I were to get another VHT it would be the CL100. The brutal tone to me was amazing. I kind of regret selling it but it lead me to my current setup so it's all good.

You probably wouldn't be disappointed with any VHT/Fryette tbh. Just depends on which one is best for what you want.

Back