Modded Peaveys

Sounds great Jerry!
After owning several of your modded amps I can concur they are some of the best tones out there! :rock:

paulyc":3ujl4l1y said:
What Peaveys and what mods in the clip ? Killer tone on that !

Marcus (bad dude) has a 6505 and Jimmy has a 6505+. Both have versions of my Metal Mod done to them with some extra switching options.

Mailman1971":3fqcoqcw said:
Sounds great Jerry!
After owning several of your modded amps I can concur they are some of the best tones out there! :rock:

Thanks Dan!!!! :rock:

Mailman1971":13460upn said:
Sounds great Jerry!
+1

My FJA Recto and 5150II amps continue to be among my favorites. Jerry's work brings out the best in these heads. I still get a kick out of switching between 6L6s and EL34s on my 5150II at will. Great stuff!

Ron

metalsoup":1c1n65zk said:
Mailman1971":1c1n65zk said:
Sounds great Jerry!
+1

My FJA Recto and 5150II amps continue to be among my favorites. Jerry's work brings out the best in these heads. I still get a kick out of switching between 6L6s and EL34s on my 5150II at will. Great stuff!

Ron

Thanks Ron! That 5150II is still one of my favorites.

Slightly off-topic, but why don't more people mod the Windsor? They are dirt cheap and would seem like a good base platform... :confused:

IndyWS6":56qngyqb said:
Slightly off-topic, but why don't more people mod the Windsor? They are dirt cheap and would seem like a good base platform... :confused:

-because it says PC on it -(Peavey)-(China)-

IndyWS6":1brsa0op said:

The Windsor is a very cool amp. Not something I'd take out on the road for heavy gigging, but great for local stuff and at home. A lot of people that bought them were low on funds so I think sinking more into them wasn't an option for many guys. Hard to recover the money too if you don't like it because it's not a desirable or collectable amp.

JerryP":3dlkm5c9 said:
IndyWS6":3dlkm5c9 said:

The Windsor is a very cool amp. Not something I'd take out on the road for heavy gigging, but great for local stuff and at home. A lot of people that bought them were low on funds so I think sinking more into them wasn't an option for many guys. Hard to recover the money too if you don't like it because it's not a desirable or collectable amp.
I get that the low-dollar thing and wouldn't buy one as a primary amp, but wondered why, given how inexpensively they can be had, they weren't a more popular starting point for a project amp. Even if you ripped the entire guts out, you can get a complete working amplifier for less money than the cost of a headshell for some other variants. Just thinking out loud :LOL: :LOL:

Back