Synergy amps?

MARK1970

Anyone have any news when these will be out? Their site is still under construction. What preamps are available or will be?

This has been talked about for a couple of years . who knows when this will be available . There website has been "under construction" for well over a year .

They have started manufacturing/assembly so probably pretty soon.

Check their facebook page, it has the most up-to-date info
https://www.facebook.com/SynergyAmps/

To people that don't know, these are a resurrection of the randall/egnater MTS modular (preamps) amps.
Dave Friedman, Fryette, and Bruce Egnater, have been involved in the engineering of the Synergy stuff.

Im of the camp that the power section is the heart of the tone in many ams> . Friedman and Bogner come to mind. If you have a vanilla power section with a standard with no enhnacements to the NFB loop its not going to get you there

scottosan":263fkk3j said:
Im of the camp that the power section is the heart of the tone in many ams> . Friedman and Bogner come to mind. If you have a vanilla power section with a standard with no enhnacements to the NFB loop its not going to get you there

Agreed... but, if your amp is a Marshall style EL34 power section, then I'll bet most of these M-style modules are going to sound spot on.

scottosan":19e2h27v said:

There is a 50w head, and a rack mount power amp, too. These new modules have the ability to tune these power amps (NFB, etc..)
Or at least I know that was the plan early one, so hope that made it to the final design.

I think the best part of these things is the module cage/rack thing that allows you to turn a single channel amp into a 2 channel as long as the "host" amp has a loop...looking forward to that part just by itself !!!

Yeah, that´s the thing that everyone has been asking Egnater for ever since they presented it, which I guess is almost ten years ago by now. It´s a great idea, even if you could do the same thing with any of the old four-module preamps, a Patchmate/GCX/4x4 or similar and a iso transformer. Glad to see it finally happen, though, even if I have a nagging feeling this Synergy line will fizz out after a few short runs and never get to full production. I hope I´m wrong!

paulyc":kbojwem7 said:
I think the best part of these things is the module cage/rack thing that allows you to turn a single channel amp into a 2 channel as long as the "host" amp has a loop...looking forward to that part just by itself !!!

Plus the recording features of this box make it a killer device.

Dave L":1n2cw6za said:
Yeah, that´s the thing that everyone has been asking Egnater for ever since they presented it, which I guess is almost ten years ago by now. It´s a great idea, even if you could do the same thing with any of the old four-module preamps, a Patchmate/GCX/4x4 or similar and a iso transformer. Glad to see it finally happen, though, even if I have a nagging feeling this Synergy line will fizz out after a few short runs and never get to full production. I hope I´m wrong!
Hopefully not. The feature set is so good but man it is taking a heck of a long time to get to market. I am sure there are a lot of things to work out and they want it right when they launch. I get all that but let's GO!!!! LOL!

JerEvil":mhnezfxh said:
Dave L":mhnezfxh said:
Hopefully not. The feature set is so good but man it is taking a heck of a long time to get to market. I am sure there are a lot of things to work out and they want it right when they launch. I get all that but let's GO!!!! LOL!

But wait, next month they'll ship.... :doh:

Dave L":p6xghn48 said:

Yup i was there coming up with the ideas....stings if it happens, even after 10 years!
At least steve got the power amp built!

Mattfig":1l1ap7i1 said:
JerEvil":1l1ap7i1 said:
Dave L":1l1ap7i1 said:

But wait, next month they'll ship.... :doh:

They are shipping pre-order interest at least....pics when it arrives, LOL! :rock:

Jeff Hilligan":wvbeuhpo said:
Dave L":wvbeuhpo said:

Yup i was there coming up with the ideas....stings if it happens, even after 10 years!
At least steve got the power amp built!

It was a sad day when you had to leave the fold Jeff and I can appreciate how you feel...so wanted this to happen back then.

When I get to play (oooh say once a month now) .... 8/time out of 10 I play my AX8..I have no idea why $1600 on Synergy still seems like a good idea..shrug.

Got some love from FedEx today...

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 5,061
Back