2 notes live

Gringo

Hi there
I got the 2 notes live and want to use it with my Mesa dual rectifier for playing at low volume .
Not interested here in recording .
Any suggestion for a configuration of my rig ?
Not interested to use a pc . Is it doable ??
Planning to use :guitar --> Mesa amp head--> 2notes live --> FRFR cabinet ( since I think we can't use regular guitar cabs) . First , my configuration is right ?
Second , is the FRFR cab is ok , any suggestion here ? 1 or 2 cab ? Wattage ? Brand ?
Planning to get the Friedman ASM -12 active amp profiler 500 watt 1 12 ? Or the atomic clr neo mkii 500 watt??
Any suggestion plz ? The wattage is ok ? I know it's a bit too much , but planning to use it low volume mainly , and from time to time high volume .

Thank you

So you have the Two Notes Torpedo Live? Or a Two Notes Torpedo Reload?

The Reload is the one with the attenuation capabilities, so you would to Guitar-> Amp->2notes Reload->regular guitar cabinet.

I guess if you plan on using cabinet impulse responses (IRs) you could go Guitar-> Amp->2notes Torpedo Live->powered FRFR cab like the Friedman.

I would try posting in the Two notes subforum ->http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=75

Actually I have the 2 notes Live.
The FRFR is the way to go if I don't wanna use the pc ? ( I'm planning to use the different cab simulations ). Any suggestion? Friedman is ok or do you have any recommendation ?

Btw, if I get the reload like you said , I can keep the original cab and play at low volumes without degrading the quality of the sound ?
Appreciate a lot .

You can absolutely use the Live with no computer editor. You will not be able to update it, buy new cabs from La Boutique and load them or even load your own 3rd party IR's though without hooking it up to a computer.

Honestly, the Reload and your own cab sounds like more of what you are looking for.

The Live, like the Studio is more for doing direct FOH or recording or listening at night with headphones and no cabinet attached. It doesn't attenuate. You need the Re-Load to listen to your amp at it's sweet spot but at a lower volume.

I'm kinda confused. I mean , of course I gotta hook the 2 notes Live to my computer in order to updates
And load new cabs , but in order to use it in a simple way , what do you advise ? An FRFR cab ? Maybe Br to be able to use cab simulations with it ...
no ?

By the way , I know that the live doesn't attenuate, but
It's promoted for silent recording and Playing !
That's the device players use in order not to get rid of their
High gain amps .
Also there's an advantage of using headphones which is awesome.
So , how to play at low volumes with this ?
Thanks

Gringo":1wm6mnxj said:
By the way , I know that the live doesn't attenuate, but
It's promoted for silent recording and Playing !
That's the device players use in order not to get rid of their
High gain amps .
Also there's an advantage of using headphones which is awesome.
So , how to play at low volumes with this ?
Thanks

Headphones or thru powered monitors.

The Reload does sound like it would work better for you. I have the Reload and Studio... and the Reload works better for low volume w/o recording or pc/Mac involvement.

Thx .
Finally , if I decide to use the pc . Do I need an audio interface ?
What would be the speakers ? FRFR ? Studio monitors?
Best combination plz .

You can use the USB to your computer for editing and upgrades.
You won't need an interface unless you want to record to your computer DAW.

If you ONLY want to play, not record, then you only need a monitoring system.
Either studio monitors, FRFR, and even a 4X12 from the thru output.
Your choice...try out a couple and then decide what works best for you and your space.

Hope this helps.

You simply need to have YOUR choice of how you want to hear the sound.
Meaning, you can choose studio monitors, FRFR speakers, good pair of headphones, or even use the thru output to a "regular" cab.

If you are asking which you should choose, that's not a question anyone can answer for you.
You decide what works best for you.

In your 1st post you said "low volume playing," so if that's the goal, a powered speaker where you can adjust the output volume would seem to be a smart place to begin.

Sorry if there was some confusion...the LIVE gives you some options :thumbsup:

I'll take a stab ;) For the record I don't a have a 2notes Live but do know quite a bit about them.

So @Gringo if you plug you amp's speaker out into the Live's speaker in there are 3 ways (that I know of) that you can hear your guitar from the Live without using a PC.

1. Headphone jack - Plugin your headphones, choose a cab impulse response and jam away silently
2. The Speaker Thru Jack - If you plug in your normal guitar cab here you will hear your guitar but it will be at full volume aka no attentuation
3. Line out jack - you can plug in any type of monitoring system you like. Monitoring system = system with something powered, with a volume knob and speakers such as the Friedman ASM you mentioned (best case) OR regular Studio powered monitors such as Mackie, M-audio, KRK Rokit etc. Just choose a cab impulse response, and you can play at a low volume or loud by adjusting the monitoring system's volume (Friedman ASM/Studio Monitors etc).

I really hope this makes sense brother ;)

I don't have a Suhr Reactive Load, however I think it's pretty simple.

You will take the speaker out from your amp -->into the Suhr, then the line out from the Suhr -->to your monitor...that's it. It's a LOAD box only, not a cab simulator like the LIVE. You would need IR's on your DAW to simulate a cab for recording.
The Suhr unit does have a speaker thru to hook up your cab if you like. That's how you would attenuate the amp for "bedroom level" playing.

The Suhr is a totally different animal, it's a Reactive Load Box.
The LIVE has cab, mic, EQ, reverb, and even power amp simulation.

Although, Suhr makes A.C.E., Analog Cab Simulator as well :thumbsup:

Deanmachine":3jd93nlg said:
How do I do this with a Suhr reactive load any tips would be greatly appreciated .

Suhr DI out to Audio Interface (Focusrite Scarlet, UA Apollo, etc), then Interface out jacks to powered monitors.

Back