I will never buy Fortin again.....

maddnotez

Banned
Unless he gets rid of that lying sack Khourey.

I wasn't happy with the pedal so I posted my feedback on their FB. Was immediately attacked by fanboys which was kind of expected. Lots of trolls online but what got me was that guy Zach.

I'm sure some of you know, the guy who was banned from places for getting all his buddies to hype gear so they can sell for a profit. Yeah, I guess he works for Fortin or runs his FB page or whatever and that guy had the audacity to make up lies about me to make me look bad. Saying I sold the pedal for a profit and stop crying and all that crap.

I'm sorry I find that very unprofessional and uncalled for. Not to mention a bold faced lie. I sold the pedal for exactly what I paid and took a very minor shipping loss.

I'm not here to profit off people who've helped me over the years. I have every damn right to post negative feedback on a product without being harassed and slandered by the employees.

I will never do business with someone like that. I know it's not Mike himself but I'm sorry Mike you give him he reigns and that's on you. You will never get my business again.

Sorry for your experience, man.

Figures. Wondered why dude was pumping Fortin now...guess you answered my question.

I love the 33 with the Uber. You don't like it, it's ok i respect that. What you didn't like about it?

Metal1977":20mufkpx said:
I love the 33 with the Uber. You don't like it, it's ok i respect that. What you didn't like about it?

TBH man I absolutely hated it.

Just that super duper high mid kerrang is NOT my thing at all. It sounded even worse with the 5150 combo. I spent time with it, I wanted to like it. Tried to justify it more than any piece of gear I've ever had but just couldn't.

I should have paid more attention and that's on me.

I felt disappointed and ya to me that's pretty damn expensive but I will say it's built SOLID and the channel switcher is genius.

However, this isn't about the pedal, this is about the way his employees treat people.

Ok cool, i get it. People have different taste, it sure adds some kind of metallic frequencies to your amp, that's probably what you don't like.

Metal1977":zzy2a6r9 said:
Ok cool, i get it. People have different taste, it sure adds some kind of metallic frequencies to your amp, that's probably what you don't like.

Yeah that's exactly it.

People like what they like. I swear by the Koko and still do and recommend it to anyone. I think maybe even it was you who took my advice and bought a koko and didn't like? Can't remember but I do Boost the lower mids on that pedal.

Idk if you saw my post about getting buried but I was hoping the 33 would be the answer. If it had a trim pot than maybe it could have.

Oh well. It is what it is, I always post my experiences weather bad or good. Maybe I help someone along the way idk.

The only things for certain is that everyone will have a different experience with any one piece of gear because all their other gear may be different.

Yes, it was me about the koko boost.

I can't say anything about the guy you're talking about but all i can say is that, Mike is one of the nicest guy i ever met.

maddnotez":3ju7r468 said:
If it had a trim pot than maybe it could have.

Isn't that the whole point of these 1-knob Fortin boosts? You can't adjust anything except the output level so he could tweak the frequency response and it instantly becomes a new model.

Check out the VFE Focus or Standout.

Far too much fanboying on that Fortin Facebook page for my liking
the 33 pedal seems cool, but when it came down to it I couldn't really justify the cost, I always wondered who Khoury was and exactly what he did, what a douche

That metallic high mid kerrang is part of the djent sound, which makes sense since it's Thorendal's signature pedal. I really like the unique upper mids it gives, but it's a very specific sound and doesn't work well with all my amps, so it's more of specialty pedal for me, but awesome for what it does. What I find so impressive about the 33 is that it's the second tightest pedal I've tried behind the precision drive, yet it still maintains plenty of bottom end and sounds very thick and the single notes have lots of weight to them. I've owned the grind, many protones, vfe focus, airis savage, Timmy (probably others I'm forgetting) and the 33 can get tighter than all those while also having more bottom end, but I can still easily see it being disliked because of its distinctive midrange voicing. Definitely the opposite of a transparent sounding pedal, but I don't think it's meant to be. You'd probably hate the precision drive even more fwiw

It's basically a one knob version of the TC Electronic Integrated Preamp, the pedal that Fredrik used for so many years.

One RTer bought the 33 and he told me it made his amps sound like a Kazoo lol.
Love Mike and his stuff though, too bad some of his fanbois ruin things. I'm sure the pedal works in the right application.

Racerxrated":3nq43dp8 said:
One RTer bought the 33 and he told me it made his amps sound like a Kazoo lol.
Love Mike and his stuff though, too bad some of his fanbois ruin things. I'm sure the pedal works in the right application.

Spot on. All of this.....

Kazoo is actually a very good comparison :LOL: :LOL: not even joking. Too funny.

But also, for the right application like you said. As far as the fan boys ruining things, absolutely but I think this guy is an actual employee. There is a big difference there imo and as I said in my first post. Maybe it's not Mike himself and I can understand why some will think this thread is unfair to Mike however zack is the face of Fortin now online and Zach is a POS.

Willful ignorance from an employer is not enough for me to look past the way things are handled. Absolutely never again.

Not sure if anyone realizes yet who this Zach dude is. He used to post as Engage on a few forums, slinging guitars for WAY more than they were worth...then went on to work with Kiesel and now Fortin. I used to see him all the time on SS.O and MG.O before he was banned or chased out.

"For Sale: Fortin 33 Pedal $1,000 FIRM

I got this pedal when I first started working for Fortin and because it was a gift, you can understand the price."

RevDrucifer":t2f0okb7 said:
Not sure if anyone realizes yet who this Zach dude is. He used to post as Engage on a few forums, slinging guitars for WAY more than they were worth...then went on to work with Kiesel and now Fortin. I used to see him all the time on SS.O and MG.O before he was banned or chased out.

"For Sale: Fortin 33 Pedal $1,000 FIRM

I got this pedal when I first started working for Fortin and because it was a gift, you can understand the price."
Wow. He's still here I believe. Anyone can sell their stuff for whatever they want, their prerogative. But, If I sell something I price it right were I bought it at usually. I've also bought stuff here from guys that gave me GREAT deals, with the understanding that I wouldn't flip it for what it was really worth. Also guys sometimes ask for right of first refusal. That's the cool thing about RT. Great dudes here IMO.
:rock:

Did you post on their regular FB page or their army page? Link? That is totally lame if their employees are doing that... Maybe all their fasnboism is getting to their heads... :thumbsdown:

When I had the Grind (twice, lol) it was awesome with the DMoll but kind of sucked with 5153 50w. I imagine Mesa Rectifiers would be a good match, but many amps not so much.

I need a job like that- online gear hype man. Contact me! <insert Trump voice>I know the best tonez

Buying a used Fortin isn't really "buying Fortin". Mike/Zach got nothing from the sale, so you weren't really supporting them in the first place. Though, I can understand Zach's attitude toward you would prevent you from buying something directly from Fortin if he was still in the picture.

I will say that it is telling that the particular pedal you owned is on it's way to its 5th owner right now. :LOL: :LOL:

crankyrayhanky":b69ftzei said:
When I had the Grind (twice, lol) it was awesome with the DMoll but kind of sucked with 5153 50w. I imagine Mesa Rectifiers would be a good match, but many amps not so much.

I need a job like that- online gear hype man. Contact me! <insert Trump voice>I know the best tonez

I thought the same thing. Perfect pedal for my Mesa Recto, Herbert and Uberschall, not much else. I sold mine because I got the tone I liked with an OD-808.

Back