So people really believe you can buy a amp for 33 dollars...

Steinmetzify":1qbfca5b said:
More to it. It does that, but like said above.
Picture this....player, guitar, pickups, amp, amps settings, cab, speakers, mic positions. What the Kemper does is take a digital snapshot of all of that, and stores it as a very small file that you can keep on your Kemper.
Theoretically you could have every single setting of an amp with any number of boosts, cabs, mics, pickups etc...and personal opinions about 'things sounding digital' aside, it sounds and feels real, like you're playing that amp with that boost using that mic on that cab.
If you think about it like that, the fact that you can pay $3 or $30 or whatever and have basically every sound that an amp you can't afford can make, it's kind of a really cool thing.
Add to that, you can run it to a cab and to FOH at the same time, you can record with it silently etc. it's pretty badass.

Oh shit. I did not know it could do all of THAT.
Thanks for the info. No wonder it costs as much as it does.
I thought it was a simple "amp modeler". I didn't realize it captures the entire signal-chain of the whole rig!

I had to add this to the description:

"UPDATE PLEASE READ!!!!! This is not an actual amplifier! This is a Kemper profile of this amplifier. I didn't think I could make my description any clearer but people from time to time buy a profile from me thinking they will get an actual amplifier! I am serious and now I have to send a confirmation E-mail before I send the profile out to make sure people understand this. If you don't know what a Kemper or profile or Kemper profile is please Google it. Also people please use common sense before making a purchase, how could I or anyone for that matter afford to sell you a 100 watt amplifier with tubes, mod by Mark Cameron, transformers, cabinet, wood and metal for this price? It's impossible, I am actually disappointed in humanity globally that I have to write this as it's not just an American problem but people from across the developed world have thought they could get this physical amp for the advertised price. I also assume people won't read this and still order this amp profile from me and I will be forced to give them a refund when a 4000 dollar amp somehow never shows up at their door."

EXPcustom":3utf09l6 said:

"UPDATE PLEASE READ!!!!! This is not an actual amplifier! This is a Kemper profile of this amplifier. I didn't think I could make my description any clearer but people from time to time buy a profile from me thinking they will get an actual amplifier! I am serious and now I have to send a confirmation E-mail before I send the profile out to make sure people understand this. If you don't know what a Kemper or profile or Kemper profile is please Google it. Also people please use common sense before making a purchase, how could I or anyone for that matter afford to sell you a 100 watt amplifier with tubes, mod by Mark Cameron, transformers, cabinet, wood and metal for this price? It's impossible, I am actually disappointed in humanity globally that I have to write this as it's not just an American problem but people from across the developed world have thought they could get this for the advertised price. I also assume people won't read this and still order this from me and I will be forced to give them a refund."

Holy shit dude that's hilarious but apparently necessary :LOL: :LOL: Best of luck! :rock:

oldmtlhed":17nretsg said:
EXPcustom":17nretsg said:
Go be poor somewhere else. :LOL: :LOL:

Proverbs 14:20 ;)

You paraphrased/took out of context my quote as I stated in the next line:

"Seriously, I'm kidding..."

you know something that's frowned upon by Christians is paraphrasing or taking or omitting words out of context: Revelation:22:18-19 or Deuteronomy:4:1-2 or the best one yet Proverbs:30:6 since it comes from the same book you quoted me. :thumbsup:

EXPcustom":366ydhji said:

"UPDATE PLEASE READ!!!!! This is not an actual amplifier! This is a Kemper profile of this amplifier. I didn't think I could make my description any clearer but people from time to time buy a profile from me thinking they will get an actual amplifier! I am serious and now I have to send a confirmation E-mail before I send the profile out to make sure people understand this. If you don't know what a Kemper or profile or Kemper profile is please Google it. Also people please use common sense before making a purchase, how could I or anyone for that matter afford to sell you a 100 watt amplifier with tubes, mod by Mark Cameron, transformers, cabinet, wood and metal for this price? It's impossible, I am actually disappointed in humanity globally that I have to write this as it's not just an American problem but people from across the developed world have thought they could get this physical amp for the advertised price. I also assume people won't read this and still order this amp profile from me and I will be forced to give them a refund when a 4000 dollar amp somehow never shows up at their door."
I love this! :hys:

Steve

Is there a way to add that disclaimer and have that check box that reads: "I have read and fully understand the...da da da" so that they can't complete the purchase without checking that box?

And I would add something like; "No refunds, ever".

Doesn't surprise me. I converted a Mark IV from a combo to a head shell a while back. I listed the combo shell w/speaker on the local CL for $250, never once mentioned the amp (only talked about the shell itself), and clearly...it's priced at $250.

Inevitably, I received 5-6 responses the same day saying they would take it and asking when they could pick it up, and every single one of them erroneously thought I was selling a full Mark IV combo (amp and all) for $250 because they obviously didn't read the ad.

EXPcustom":3iwezt4a said:

I don't even have a Kemper and want to buy a profile from you just because of the brilliance in how this points out the painfully obvious.

Just the other day I saw some idiot bitching about a Fractal AX8 he bought and how it makes no sound, it has no speaker, etc etc. All I could do was put a picture of Picard doing a fucking face palm. Are people really this fucking retarded?

Bob Savage":3bwe590m said:
EXPcustom":3bwe590m said:

I don't even have a Kemper and want to buy a profile from you just because of the brilliance in how this points out the painfully obvious.

Thank you very much Mr. Savage and although you may not have a Kemper you can still purchase these profiles off of me, sir. :thumbsup:

EXPcustom":1hohx6in said:
Thank you very much Mr. Savage and although you may not have a Kemper you can still purchase these profiles off of me, sir. :thumbsup:

Sweet... I'll send you my shipping address.

spliffsperlunk":5n2y5nlv said:
marshall_mini_amp.jpg
Not even sure you can buy one of these for $33 anymore. LOL

Bob Savage":3tgs4m2q said:
EXPcustom":3tgs4m2q said:

Sweet... I'll send you my shipping address.
:D

Steve

sah5150":2c6dyepq said:
EXPcustom":2c6dyepq said:

I love this! :hys:

Steve
+1

Best "disclaimer" I've read in quite some time... Well done :LOL: :LOL:

Update!

Someone today bought 5 of one profile for a total of 165.00 dollars. They were from South Africa, not joking about any of this. :doh:

EXPcustom":girfo55f said:
Update!

Someone today bought 5 of one profile for a total of 165.00 dollars. They were from South Africa, not joking about any of this. :doh:
South Africa? Too close to Nigeria, for my liking. Stinks to high heaven, if you ask me.

Back