So people really believe you can buy a amp for 33 dollars...

EXPcustom":2nc128de said:
nightlight":2nc128de said:
I think this also highlights a major problem with ebay's feedback system and paypal's refund policy.

Maybe you should create a website instead of using ebay?

I do know that Lasse Lammert, a major German engineer, also sells a single Kemper profile for $50. Maybe he's run into similar issues :D

I had my domain but like an idiot I lagged a few days in renewing it and now a domain camper is holding it hostage for a 1000 dollars. :doh: :doh: :doh:

I'm not entirely sure, but this might be illegal nowadays. Look into cybersquatting.

vultures":4b0drdrx said:
EXPcustom":4b0drdrx said:
nightlight":4b0drdrx said:
I think this also highlights a major problem with ebay's feedback system and paypal's refund policy.

I do know that Lasse Lammert, a major German engineer, also sells a single Kemper profile for $50. Maybe he's run into similar issues :D

I had my domain but like an idiot I lagged a few days in renewing it and now a domain camper is holding it hostage for a 1000 dollars. :doh: :doh: :doh:

I'm not entirely sure, but this might be illegal nowadays. Look into cybersquatting.

Yeah, you can't do this anymore. There is a law (ACPA) that clearly protects people against this.

For the record, some deluded folks still expect an amp to arrive in the mail. :confused:

EDIT:
Didn't realise there was a second page. Obviously this isn't news. :doh:

Hey AJ, welcome to RT, brother! :rock:

sutepaj":6oftx0cy said:
vultures":6oftx0cy said:
EXPcustom":6oftx0cy said:
nightlight":6oftx0cy said:

Yeah, you can't do this anymore. There is a law (ACPA) that clearly protects people against this.

This is good to know, GoDaddy conveniently was in touch with the current owner of suckerfreegear.com and they were my original host and they conveniently could get it back for me for a 1000 dollars. :confused:

napalmdeath":13fy9ght said:
EXPcustom":13fy9ght said:
Update!

Someone today bought 5 of one profile for a total of 165.00 dollars. They were from South Africa, not joking about any of this. :doh:
South Africa? Too close to Nigeria, for my liking.
You mean like how L.A. is too close to Colombia? Or L.A. to Eastern Siberia? Or San Antonio to Peru...

;)

EXPcustom":20kuz2xo said:
I am bumping this thread because I am still getting people at least once or twice a month thinking they will get a 4000 dollar amp for 30 bucks or less. :doh:

Funniest thing is this guy made a best offer on my Aldrich profile pack which clearer is a Kemper profile, I mean the listing picture is the closeup of the Kemper LCD screen showing "Aldrich". ;)

So I agreed to his best offer which was just a few bucks less than 25 bucks. I thought the guy was legit and his username looked familiar. Anyways turns out the guy really did think he was going to get a Cameron Aldrich for 22 dollars and the worst or funniest thing is I think the guy or I am 95% sure he is member here. :confused:

I won't call him out or name him but thought it was hilarious that not even our own little conclave is immune from teh supid morans :LOL: :LOL:

ETA: I mean what's going through his head, "25 dollars is ridiculous for a Cameron modded JMP but if he did it for 22 that would be reasonable." :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I'll pay the full $25, but only if you eat the shipping. Take it or leave it....

Back